Chinese Democracy Survivor - Round 13 *FINAL ROUND*

History2010

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE CD song to be evicted   

178 members have voted

1. 1. Chinese Democracy Survivor Round 13

• Better
    • There Was a Time

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2022 at 06:00 AM

Here we are!

Madagascar....is gone!

This is the final round of the Chinese Democracy Survivor game! Remember to vote for your least favorite option! The one with less votes will be named the best song on Chinese Democracy, as decided by the members of this forum! 

Which song will be last to go?

Round 1 - Scraped
Round 2 - Riad N' the Bedouins
Round 3 - If The World
Round 4 - Shackler's Revenge
Round 5 - I.R.S.
Round 6 - Catcher in the Rye
Round 7 - This I Love
Round 8 - Sorry
Round 9 - Street of Dreams
Round 10 - Chinese Democracy
Round 11 - Prostitute
Round 12 - Madagascar
Round 13 - ???
Round 14 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

TWAT is in my top 5 GNR songs of all time. For me it was the song that made the wait for the album worth it. Axl’s vocals in the second half are incredible while the guitar work made me not miss Slash.

Voted Better.

TWAT for the win. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

TWAT is in my top 5 GNR songs of all time. For me it wad the song that made the wait for the album worth it. Axl’s vocals in the second half are incredible while the guitar work made me not miss Slash.

Voted Better.

TWAT for the win. 

It's not looking good for Better. I don't mind if TWAT wins even though I voted it to lose, both are great songs.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It's not looking good for Better. I don't mind if TWAT wins even though I voted it to lose, both are great songs.

I remember the first leak of Better ended at the first (or second) verse before the chorus.  I thought it was one of the best pieces of music I had heard since Radiohead’s Paranoid Android.

But it became clear to me why the first leak was cut right at before the chorus. It just felt flat and kind of killed the momentum.  Like Axl and the band said, “well, we need a chorus (or something) here and this is the best we can come up with.”   I really like the song but I wish the chorus was more than a few throw away lines.  It just doesn’t match the heights of the rest of the song.

TWAT, for me at least, is consistently great through the entire song. It’s got this big sweeping melody that’s song over an interesting and somewhat unique chord progression. I’m also a big fan of songs that have different sections but somehow all fit together (think Paranoid Android or Estranged). It’s hard enough to come up with one or two great ideas for a song, let alone three or four that somehow all work together. Plus TWAT has this wonderful sense of momentum that builds to large crescendo.  Coma is another great example of this. Few bands and artists can pull this off with the level of success Axl has demonstrated with his compositions. TWAT for me represents everything that’s great and special about Guns N’ Roses. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I remember the first leak of Better ended at the first (or second) verse before the chorus.  I thought it was one of the best pieces of music I had heard since Radiohead’s Paranoid Android.

But it became clear to me why the first leak was cut right at before the chorus. It just felt flat and kind of killed the momentum.  Like Axl and the band said, “well, we need a chorus (or something) here and this is the best we can come up with.”   I really like the song but I wish the chorus was more than a few throw away lines.  It just doesn’t match the heights of the rest of the song.

TWAT, for me at least, is consistently great through the entire song. It’s got this big sweeping melody that’s song over an interesting and somewhat unique chord progression. I’m also a big fan of songs that have different sections but somehow all fit together (think Paranoid Android or Estranged). It’s hard enough to come up with one or two great ideas for a song, let alone three or four that somehow all work together. Plus TWAT has this wonderful sense of momentum that builds to large crescendo.  Coma is another great example of this. Few bands and artists can pull this off with the level of success Axl has demonstrated with his compositions. TWAT for me represents everything that’s great and special about Guns N’ Roses. 

Yeah, the Better chorus is really weak, brings the song down for me as well. 

Cool parts, great guitar playing but I really don't like the chorus and the emo singing at the beginning.

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Voted Better. 

There Was A Time for the win! One of the best songs in GN'R's catalogue. 

Come on dude that’s a Hell of a stretch. I wouldn’t take it over any track on Appetite much less all the brilliant tracks on the Illusions.  Come to think of it, the only song I would swap it for on the Illusions is My World. Maybe in the right producers hands it could have been great, but the song is just too disjointed. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Come on dude that’s a Hell of a stretch. I wouldn’t take it over any track on Appetite much less all the brilliant tracks on the Illusions.  Come to think of it, the only song I would swap it for on the Illusions is My World. Maybe in the right producers hands it could have been great, but the song is just too disjointed. 

I like what I like. And you like what you like. 

The results of Chinese Democracy are far more interesting than any of the other albums. Everybody seems to have a very different opinion on the album and favourite song. For me Shacklers is the dark horse song on the record, yet most here despise it! Definitely the most structured and concise rock song on the album, besides the the title track. Better for the win!

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1