Chinese Democracy Survivor - Round 13 *FINAL ROUND*

History2010

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE CD song to be evicted   

178 members have voted

1. 1. Chinese Democracy Survivor Round 13

• Better
    • There Was a Time

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2022 at 06:00 AM

25 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Come on dude that’s a Hell of a stretch. I wouldn’t take it over any track on Appetite much less all the brilliant tracks on the Illusions.  Come to think of it, the only song I would swap it for on the Illusions is My World. Maybe in the right producers hands it could have been great, but the song is just too disjointed. 

I wish some songs on Chinese were cut live to get a more natural vibe but in general I don't feel TWAT suffers from being disjointed. If you want to hear disjointed Atlas Shrugged is a good start point or Scraped😄 Scraped cut live could have been a whole more enjoyable... it would have become pretty apparent that the parts didn't gel as they were too. shame!

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

The results of Chinese Democracy are far more interesting than any of the other albums. Everybody seems to have a very different opinion on the album and favourite song. For me Shacklers is the dark horse song on the record, yet most here despise it! Definitely the most structured and concise rock song on the album, besides the the title track. Better for the win!

An excellent point. Such variety in opinions on Chinese. I remember Jon Pareles, who hates Axl/Guns, had to admit “Shacklers” was very good in his NY Times review. Meanwhile it enjoys a mixed (at best) rep with Guns fans. For me “Sorry” is the best track. Have literally had casuals ask me “… which Illusions it’s on again?”. Here it finished good- not great. Just such a wild record.:shades:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

TWAT outro elevates the song to a different level. Axl singing + BH solo, fucking amazing. It's the one solo in CD that Slash actually tried to play closer to the original

Yep, I noticed that. He gained a lot respect for Buckethead compared to the VR years. Maybe he listened to some of his solo albums / Pikes as well? That would be cool. 

I found the quote:

“That said, I also want to give credit where credit’s due – the guitar players that played on Chinese Democracy, Buckethead being one of the main ones – are fucking amazing guitar players.

“I have to give those guys a shout-out because that stuff was cool. Very different from what I normally do. So it’s been interesting learning some of the stuff that was on that record. I definitely had to figure out ways to adapt to it.”

https://rockandrollgarage.com/slash-says-that-buckethead-is-an-amazing-guitar-player/

Edited by Sosso
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

47 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Cannot believe better is so far ahead. Very good pop rocker but TWAT is on the epic masterpiece list with November Rain and Estranged. 

Not even close if you ask me. It deserves the win on this record due to the awesome guitars and Axl's greatest moment on the album but other than it's pretty poorly written and has a very weak chorus.

Estranged and November Rain, both very thought out and well written songs, are masterpieces compared to everything on CD.