Stagecoach 2022: Axl Rose joins Carrie Underwood for performance on Mane Stage

6 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Just watched the stream version. Axl looks great for real! That looks fits him really well.

Carrie looks like a huge fan!

Their drummer in PC was something... 😅

Carrie has covered a bunch of GNR songs (and rock songs in general) in concert over the years. GNR and Aerosmith are her two favorite bands.

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

He sounded okay. Just because he doesn't sound like his vocals chords are falling out doesn't mean he sounds amazing lol. 

Yea, I'm not sure what the people who are saying 'best PC in years' are listening to.

It's always cool to see him do guest spots though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Axl's voice is what it is.

But man, does he look great or what? He seems to be in amazing shape and in a very happy place, that's all that matters. Makes me happy!

Outfit is pretty interesting, looks like something any other elderly singer would also wear :lol: But it suits him and it looked good!

And man, I don't listen to her on a regular basis but I've loved Carrie Underwood ever since she collaborated with Steven Tyler/Aerosmith. I couldn't bear being in a room with her because I'd have an instant crush. She's got such a good vibe, just seems like an awesome person to be around and her voice is unmatchable.

Overall, yeah, fantastic surprise!

Yeah, Axl seems happy, in shape, and in a good place. I can't help but to be happy for him. Also, who wouldn't be happy with Carrie Underwood dancing to your song like that, and she brought you out, lol. You can tell she really is having the time of her life.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

Have to admit, that was pretty damn good. Axl loves to pop up when you least expect it! He certainly looked like he enjoyed himself, wish he would step out of the comfort zone more often but we take what we can get. The whole thing sounded great. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Or Carrie underwood who has done several interviews gushing over gnr as well as several gnr covers live just wanted Axl to sing with her and he agreed. 

If anything having Axl on a pro shot singing live is more of a risk to upcoming sales. He sounded good, not amazing but better than last year's tour for sure!

Bon Jovi has better feathered hair

I was at the MetLife show last year. He sounded good at the concert. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Here's the whole thing (official stream)

It's live, so you need to scroll somewhere towards the end to Carrie's performance 

I got emotional seeing this man.... the king is back!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

First it was Metallica performing with (gulp) Gaga, and now my beloved GNR is performing with (vomit) Underwood. Seems all our heroes were born to lose.

You are like so hardcore. Please teach the rest of us. What is cool? Do tell🤣

• Haha 2

That was good to see and SCOM was what it was but paradise city sounded okay and I remember Carrie underwood videos from 2007/08 of her singing patience/November rain/ and paradise city at her concerts and looking she was having the time of her life doing it, so she’s not a Joanne come lately on being a GNR fan. And yes the end of paradise city she seems to be sing over AXL but it’s fine. She was clearly excited and living her dream. And I loved when AXL said thank you to her and gave her a hug and she looked really happy. Some good news in GNR land.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Judging by the number of guitarists on the stage at the same time, Axl was already in heaven.

Three guitarists and two keyboardists are a must have for every band. 

Edited by Sosso