Does Axl read Tweets/Fan Comments?

• kingcanyon changed the title to Does Axl read Tweets/Fan Comments?
55 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

We should ask Pele.

I mean, it's Twitter. It would be hard not to read some of the replies to your tweets. However, he's been a celebrity for so long that I would assume that he doesn't give a flying fuck really

if he wasn't banned we could but why would we want to bring him back?

I can still remember when he named-dropped some of the OG Gnronline people (I was one myself; a fairly prominent one at that)... so you can bet your sweet ass that he's lurking everywhere, all the time. He just very rarely acknowledges it and for that, he's probably wise.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Axl has an anonymous account he uses privately. I remember some dude on here somehow finding his account on a car forum around 2005/6 ish, so he obviously enjoys surfing the web.

Axl did follow GNR members at the time he signed up, didn’t he? It may have only been for a brief moment but I’m sure he followed Tommy etc

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

His Twitter comments are pretty much 99.9% "I love yous" in a thousand different languages. There's nothing to read.

It’s actually embarrassing the amount of spam/weirdo responses are attached to his or official GNR tweets.

• Like 2

I feel like he probably did to get a gauge on fan perception of him and the band. He even had those infamous Q&A's here in 2008 that showed he was aware of forums.

I think with NuGNR not being a massive success he had more of his ear to the ground regarding fan opinion. Since the NITL tour the band seemingly prints money so it's probably no longer something he does.

I do wonder if he ever read any of the opinions on the Locker leaks and if that influenced him to release some of those songs. People were generally positive on Hard Skool and that was the second single released last year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m sure he does to an extent, I don’t think he really cares though.

He cares, 100%. He's very sensitive. Look at his weight loss within a year, it's spectacular at his age. If he didn't care about his image/what people think/say of him, he wouldn't be in this shape.

He also changed his hairstyle several times because he saw people complaining (biggest example is between 2006 & 2009), and shaved the mustache. He also dresses differently and tries to stick to what he wore in the 90's, tries to wear less clothes.

It's not just physical, he has also gotten rid of the rants, of anything negative he had to say about whatever/whoever (except politics but then again, he's sticking to what the whole us showbiz is saying), he's become much more mellow. That way he doesn't get negative press like he used to.

He's not the same person he was in the 90's, or the 2000's, or the early 2010's. He's changed tremendously. Because he cares of what people think/say of him. You don't change that much if you don't care.

He used to influence a lot of people in the 80's/90's, but clearly it's the other way around now, he's influenced by the general consensus, and has been for a long time. I don't blame him, it's hard to keep your true nature, especially in this day & age.

That being said, even though I prefer the old Axl, I respect his sensitive side. He's clearly a very nice, generous & open-minded person.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D.. said:

He cares, 100%. He's very sensitive. Look at his weight loss within a year, it's spectacular at his age. If he didn't care about his image/what people think/say of him, he wouldn't be in this shape.

He also changed his hairstyle several times because he saw people complaining (biggest example is between 2006 & 2009), and shaved the mustache. He also dresses differently and tries to stick to what he wore in the 90's, tries to wear less clothes.

It's not just physical, he has also gotten rid of the rants, of anything negative he had to say about whatever/whoever (except politics but then again, he's sticking to what the whole us showbiz is saying), he's become much more mellow. That way he doesn't get negative press like he used to.

He's not the same person he was in the 90's, or the 2000's, or the early 2010's. He's changed tremendously. Because he cares of what people think/say of him. You don't change that much if you don't care.

He used to influence a lot of people in the 80's/90's, but clearly it's the other way around now, he's influenced by the general consensus, and has been for a long time. I don't blame him, it's hard to keep your true nature, especially in this day & age.

That being said, even though I prefer the old Axl, I respect his sensitive side. He's clearly a very nice, generous & open-minded person.

And you're sure he did all this because some shitheads on the internet complained about it and not because he just felt like it because....?

• Like 2