Post here if you still care

2 minutes ago, something.always said:

Who still really cares about this band? Who's excited for new dates with the same ol' setlist and same ol' Axl vocals?

most people i think i care still i could be the only one but.

i think its fine axl's vocals hes gotten older thats all

Everyone who posts on this forum cares. Some more, some less. Cause everyone who takes the time to browse thru those topics, has a certain amount of hope. Hope, that one day we stumble upon a new topic, with exciting news. Of course, that's not the same thing for everyone, but as long as we hope, we care. Hope is - for what it's worth - the strongest feeling.

• Like 4

My expectations are at rock bottom, but I'm still interested in the new singles, UYI box, leaks, etc.

Axl's live performances are pretty much a joke at this point but there's a couple songs that are still decent. I wish he didn't suck, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised on this upcoming tour. :shrugs:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, something.always said:

Who still really cares about this band? Who's excited for new dates with the same ol' setlist and same ol' Axl vocals?

I do and i will care as long as Axl is here. Imo he is the greatest who ever touched a Mic. 

• Like 2

I still care but it is pretty much torture the whole time :D Absurd and Hard Skool was fun for a while, then straight back to the usual disappointment mode.

Not much fun to be a GnR fan, especially compared to any other band or artist in the world.

Edited by El Guapo

I care a little, but not a ton.  I only come on this forum 1) out of habit and to waste time, and 2) for the off chance that something gets leaked.  Other than that, nope don't care.  I'm an adult with a life and a million other things going on.  The passion I had for this band is not what it was when I was 15-25.  Seems like that sentiment is the same for the band.

• Like 3

live... not so much as I used to, I think 2016, beginnings of 2017 was the last time I cared, but I still want new music, I still love the leaks and CD, not the biggest fan of the reunion but is ok, just wish they would have put more content out before it.

Also I just wish the best for everyone, past and present members of the band they all brought something I enjoyed. I still listen to Buckethead and Bumblefoot and even Sixx.A.M, I'm a fan of Tommy Stinson, liked the Dizzy solo album, listen to SMKC... so yeah I care.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Will always care; they are one of my favorite bands of all time. That being said, sometime around 2013/2014, I just accepted they became a legacy band and decided to roll with it. I'll check out the set lists every tour, watch videos, and listen to any new music/leaks, but know that we've reached the point where we just have to be happy with whatever we get. Would I have loved a more prolific run from the band? Of course I would have, but it didn't happen. Also, in a weird way, 2021 reinvigorated me in a lot of ways. The 2021 show I saw was a ton of fun, had an excellent set list, and the band absolutely went for it 110%, even if Axl was not always in tip-top shape vocally. It reminded how so much of what we wanted from the band/Axl was not even amazing vocals (even though that'd be nice), but just the feeling that Axl was giving it his all.

Furthermore, I know the reaction to "Hard Skool" and "Absurd" was mixed, but I happened to love both songs. Even if I had not like either of them, I had a ton of fun with the process of both songs getting released: the mindfuck and general explosion of insanity when we realized a lineup of GN'R with Slash and Duff were playing "Silkworms," the "surprise drop" of "Absurd" on streaming, the Absurd reaction being added to the forum, the detective work of finding out that "Hard Skool" would be the next song, waiting for the band to actually play "Hard Skool", and - of course - actually buying a product with new GN'R music (and being pleasantly surprised by the live performances on the EP). 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

My interest in the band is at an all time low..  I used to visit GnR related forums multiple times a day for decades.. Now maybe once a week.  I could list off 20 reasons why they have turned me off but Hardschool and Absurd were the final straw. Since then I have pretty much lost interest in the current band/lineup.. 

I am still interested in anything from the classic days that they care to share with us.  Looking forward to the Live shows in the Illusions release if they really come to fruition. 

• Like 1

I use to, but I just can't defend some of the stuff they've done, starting way back with Axl's Budweiser spot. I still love the original run from their formation to 1993, though (I also like CD as a record). That band will always captivate me.

Edited by Nintari