Post here if you still care

I don't care.

I've found many more bands, with more back catalogs and live shows an clips online than what this band lacks in putting out for the "fans"... GnR are dead just remember the good times... 1987 to 2016. Anything after that is a novelty touring act, with Bon Jovi esque crap vocals...

Edited by bumcheecksmcghee

I still care but my caring is more passive and less active nowadays regarding GNR.  Because naturally, how can it be active when all you get are two re-recorded 20+ year old songs and not much else as of late?  We will see what happens next leg of the tour

36 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

My caring is probably reflective of the bands. So is everyones. When it was obvious Axl stopped caring, the fandom did, albeit a bit behind Axls, as we clung onto blind hope. 2002-2010 was an exciting era. 

That's basically it. Since Axl stopped caring/ gave up, the fire is out.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 7:10 PM, something.always said:

Who still really cares about this band? Who's excited for new dates with the same ol' setlist and same ol' Axl vocals?

I do man, especially since this is the first European tour since 2018 aaand with their future as a band and touring act certainly shorter than their past, I even booked a 2nd gig to attend in Munich Germany besides the one in my country Netherlands! Also not being able to see any exciting live gig for atleast 2 years adds to that so there's that! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

That's basically it. Since Axl stopped caring/ gave up, the fire is out. 

I find it interesting that fans make broad statements, based on little facts.

You can state, that in your opinion Axl has given up.. as that presents a different point of view, not as a fact. 

We all have our own points of view on how we see things through our own eyes. 

Some fans have higher expectations and want a past Axl to return in full greatness lncluding physical shape and vocals. 

Common sense tells you that age affects all of us, including our hero's and you cannot go back in time.. 

There are some, who greatly believe that past members will return and things will be the same as they were in the past. 

That won't be the case, because thats not how life works. 

Maybe Axl understands were he is at, and is working with what he has at his disposal from physical conditioning to his vocals. 

In relation to caring, yes because there are a large percentage of us around the world who have had limited or no opportunities to see the band play live over the last two decades. 

I think that's what US based fans forget, and a reason why the band finds more success when it comes to concert attendances outside the US.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Of course I care; I’ve cared since nearly 30 years ago. But I’m getting more jaded and bitter due to the "wasted potential" situation the band always sinks into any time something exciting is to be expected, and as a whole. Plus tempus fugit and whatnot.

• Like 1

I still care. Still a certain “magic” that attaches to Guns for me that just isn’t there for any other band save Van Halen (who’s hung it up for obvious reasons). People toss it around as a joke- but nostalgia is an incredibly powerful force.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:51 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

L8XB.gif

I like that Axl is the oldest person in that shot by at least 20 years. Also that he'll sometimes do seemingly random things like pop up in a Budweiser commercial or hang out with Scooby and the gang.

I can say I care but it's hard to really care about any exciting future for the band. I like discussing the past mostly or whether they'll play some rarities live. They're a legacy band now that doesn't do much press, no music videos, and hasn't released much music since 1993. It's hard to be super invested at this point.

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

I find it interesting that fans make broad statements, based on little facts.

You can state, that in your opinion Axl has given up.. as that presents a different point of view, not as a fact. 

We all have our own points of view on how we see things through our own eyes. 

Some fans have higher expectations and want a past Axl to return in full greatness lncluding physical shape and vocals. 

Common sense tells you that age affects all of us, including our hero's and you cannot go back in time.. 

There are some, who greatly believe that past members will return and things will be the same as they were in the past. 

That won't be the case, because thats not how life works. 

Maybe Axl understands were he is at, and is working with what he has at his disposal from physical conditioning to his vocals. 

In relation to caring, yes because there are a large percentage of us around the world who have had limited or no opportunities to see the band play live over the last two decades. 

I think that's what US based fans forget, and a reason why the band finds more success when it comes to concert attendances outside the US.

All due respect you seem more into defending Axl at all literal costs than you do just casual chatting and BSing with us here lol.  I think if you spent less time acting like a covert TB member and making long rants about opinions or one-off posts people make that you disagree with, a much better time will be had!

• Like 1

I don't care so much about touring anymore, but I do care about new releases. Let's see what will happen this year... a pair of "new" singles, and an UYI boxset would be great, and looks like possible because Slash's past commets. But who the hell knows with this band...

Edited by Atlas19

Yeah, I definitely 'care' or I wouldn't be here in the first place. 

I've definitely lost enthusiasm though as it becomes more and more clear that they'll continue to waste their potential for the rest of their career.  It wouldn't take much for me to get that insane enthusiasm back, and I constantly hope that will happen as they're more than capable of doing it, if they want to. 

I have no ticket for any upcoming show though, and the combination of the high price and the fact I'm not interested in seeing a lesser version of a tour I really, really enjoyed a few years ago are the reasons for that at present. I'd prefer the good memories at this point and there are many other concerts to go to.  

That I still believe they can turn things round and may possibly do so means I care, for sure. 

Im a sadistic. Wantin news they dont want to share.

Buying tickets to shows.... but not seeing for 2nd time the last proshots of the band....

Im here for the "news", leaks, UYI Boxset, and all the shit i dont know about the golden era.

I feel this like a hobby too, a horrible one lol.