06/25/22 - Clisson, FR - Hellfest

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Jesus Christ... 30-40% OK songs is not much, is it? He's a pro. He should do better. Instead he sounds like shit most of the time.

So not all the time, now? Okay :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rayno said:

What concerns me is an unbelievable ability of some people here to create sophisticated excuses that should pardon his shitty performances. I get it, love is blind, but still... It's ridiculous.

You don't need to invent any excuses for explaining how a 60 year old man might not be able to sing very challenging vocal lines he came up with when he was in his 20s, the way he sang them in his 20s. This is how you would expect it to be.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So not all the time, now? Okay :lol:

You don't need to invent any excuses for explaining how a 60 year old man might not be able to sing very challenging vocal lines he came up with when he was in his 20s, the way he sang them in his 20s. This is how you would expect it to be.

No, I am not naive. I would expect a decent performance, that's all. And last time I checked he didn't deliver.

As for the "not all the time" - I am not into childish games like this.

Edited by Rayno

3 minutes ago, Rayno said:

No, I am not naive. I would expect a decent performance, that's all. And last time I checked he didn't deliver.

Well, whether you think his overall performance is decent or not is highly subjective and influenced by expectations. But as to your prior point that "he sounds like shit", I would again reiterate that it depends on which song we are talking about, with songs being great to good to decent to poor to bad, depending on the song and state of his vocals that day. Some songs he sings consistently well, some songs he sings consistently poorly. And I don't think that needs to be excused at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The funny thing is when you listen to the studio version of reckless compared to these live versions his voice sounds remarkably similar.. very impressive considering it's been 30+ years. I think his vocals are closer to his earlier cleaner years now and some people are still expecting 91-93 style vocals and are left disappointed.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

He is human and that's the most important factor when it's comes to a live performance. If you want to listen to a perfect vocal performance, then it's as simple as pushing play via listening to the original studio recorded material. 

The only progression from this point is to have backing track vocals that will create the perfect vocal performance you desire. 

That won't happen with Axl, as he is exactly like us, and we cannot go back in time to create something we once had in the past.

You are simply getting the vocals that Axl can deliver at this current time not the Axl of 2 years ago or 20 years ago. 

Your posts still leave me unconvinced you are not a secret TB member lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

• alfierose unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...