07/15/22 - Hanover, DE - HDI Arena

alfierose

• 1 month later...

The Stadium is called "Heinz von Heiden Arena", since 07/01/22. New Sponsor "Heinz von Heiden Massivhäuser".

04:00 p.m. | Entry
04:45 p.m. | Dirty Honey
05:45 p.m. | Gary Clark Jr.
07:15 p.m. | Guns N‘ Roses
10:45 p.m. | End

No cash is allowed for drinks and food. Only debit card or mobile payments are accepted.

• GNFNR 1

I thought about going, since it's only like a 45 minute drive for me and I already saw them in Hannover in 2017.

But holy shit, I'm going to uni soon and 100+€ is just too much right now. If it would have been 50€, I'd be going - but the ticket prices are absolutely insane and IMO not justified.

5 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I thought about going, since it's only like a 45 minute drive for me and I already saw them in Hannover in 2017.

But holy shit, I'm going to uni soon and 100+€ is just too much right now. If it would have been 50€, I'd be going - but the ticket prices are absolutely insane and IMO not justified.

Go to the stadium and buy a ticket from someone a few minutes before showtime . There should be plenty being sold outside 

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Go to the stadium and buy a ticket from someone a few minutes before showtime . There should be plenty being sold outside 

Aren't they usually much more than if I would have bought them online? 

Well, as I said I've already seen them so it's not that bad. Back then tickets were around 80€ instead of 100+. Still holding out for other artists that I haven't seen yet. Elton John is coming to Hamburg next year I believe, so that's on my list but that's also really expensive. I'm also praying for Aerosmith to come to Europe next year, since their tour this year was cancelled. They were also here in 2017 but that year I decided on GNR :lol:

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That doesn't seem like much. Especially since they've been around for so long

here's the numbers:

24 concerts in 1985
32 concerts in 1986
81 concerts in 1987
89 concerts in 1988
7 concerts in 1989
2 concerts in 1990
59 concerts in 1991
76 concerts in 1992
62 concerts in 1993
4 concerts in 2001
23 concerts in 2002
74 concerts in 2006
21 concerts in 2007
4 concerts in 2009
72 concerts in 2010
40 concerts in 2011
69 concerts in 2012
22 concerts in 2013
24 concerts in 2014
47 concerts in 2016
83 concerts in 2017
29 concerts in 2018
16 concerts in 2019
2 concerts in 2020
25 concerts in 2021
14 concerts in 2022 (so far..)

Don't forget that Axl lost a lot of time during long hiatus (93-01, 02-06, 06-09, 14-16), so I think this number is correct. Also, i'm an admin so I check every new concert and their past gigography to be sure that everything is there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The problem is, though, that we can't be sure about the number of 1985/86 shows. Some of the ones listed might not have happened, while others might be missing because there has been no information on them.

I see, for example, that there are 6 shows under "Hell Tour"

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=artist:(Guns+N’+Roses)+tour:(The+Hell+Tour)

but, according to all accounts, only two of those listed actually happened (the Troubadour June 6, which I'm not sure it could be considered part of the "hell tour," and the one in Seattle on June 8). Gnrontour lists the other 4 based only on the book by Danny Sugerman, but even Sugerman didn't write that those shows took place, only mentioned that the band had originally planned to play at those places when they embarked for the hell tour.

Even for 1987/88 the information may not be completely accurate. I believe you don't have this 1987 show on setlist.fm (as it was completely unknown until three years ago):

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3597-1987-09-06-tucson-garden-tucson-ar-usa

True. My alternative concert database has "only" 986 shows after tonight's. But since they likely did a few shows back in 1985-1986 that we don't know about, the actual number is likely a bit higher.

• Like 3