09/01/22 - Manaus, BR - Arena da Amazônia

alfierose

On 9/2/2022 at 7:29 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Even if it's not the very end, it's close, if Axl is struggling this much now he can't realistically be going past 65 singing most GNR stuff. And if they are only releasing a couple singles per tour leg, that means it's probably OMG 2/Atlas or Atlas/Perhaps in the next go round, since Axl clearly prefers releasing stuff that's already leaked. Which means that our chances of getting stuff we've never heard in any version, like Soul Monster or The General, are basically zero at this point.

But is not a matter of Axl "struggling", it is just depressing, the set list got shorter and they took the gems live Coma / Locomotive away. There's no new music, they've lost the momentum. It doesn't seem fun, but automatic.

If that's not the last run, maybe a 5 alummi reunion could do it for a couple of shows. Not even a new song or a new record could save GNR at this point.

They were not even able to put a simple UIY box in time (another loss of momentum). Or to re-record 10 ChiDem leftovers in SEVEN years.

They disapointed the fans too much along more than a decade, now we are just angry, or tired, or making fun of it, it became like "whatever".

I'm going to see them on the 24th in São Paulo, and then THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Why bother, why spend money to see the same thing for the third time since 2016?

"Once there was this RnR band rolling on the streets, time went by and it became a joke..." :wow:

Edited by Legendador

On 9/3/2022 at 7:53 PM, Ratam said:

Yes, just call my attention. Is the first time happen it .

Worst. The setlist is shorter.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:15 PM, allwaystired said:

I'd bet they'll announce some US dates before Christmas.....

What? To compete with Motley Crue and Tommy's wiener?

On 9/2/2022 at 7:51 PM, Tom2112 said:

Based upon?

Gnr will be out touring next summer in the US, I almost guarantee it. A year off to focus on "the next chapter" would be a good idea... Not so good for Axls voice though, as he clearly hasn't figured out how maintain his voice while at home and off tour. They should just run it hard for the next few years and bow out. It's running on fumes but it's still running. I just cannot see them wanting to take the foot off the pedal. IF they do it will be max until the end if the year followed by some sort of residency in Nov/Dec or something like that. I agree that we won't here from them though 

Based upon Duff saying he wants to slow thing down, based upon the lack of new music, or info since 2016, based upon a tour that still going for 7 years now, based upon things sounding automatic, based upon the disappointment of the die hard fans, you name it, and I can keep going for ours.

Which next chapter? Wake up! Seven years went by and they weren't able to right a single page, and you're talking about a next chapter? A year off to focus? WTF happened to 2019 and 2020? I don't care about Axl's voice, I'm stating facts about a band that is what it is, a tour band, playing the same songs all over again.

Do you really think that they'd have an audience in the US or Europe for a fourth run? A residence after 7 years of touring the same setlist? I'm sorry, but you're out of your mind.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:18 AM, Sosso said:

I assumed the same thing after each run since 2017.

But back then we didn't have the worst choice possible for two reworked and puncheless singles, the UYI boxset was still a dream to come true, Fernando saying that a new album was in the works, Slash saying new songs would be released.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:03 PM, Blackstar said:

Regarding Duff's post about slowing down:

I think people are reading too much into it. In fact, I don't think he was even referring to GN'R/the tour at all. It was a post about his and Susan's anniversary and I read it as simply saying that he'd like time not to go by so fast.

2022_326.jpg

You have a point there.

"I want to slow a bit" is different than " I want life to slow a bit".

The perfect mandela effect example! LOL

9 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Based upon Duff saying he wants to slow thing down, based upon the lack of new music, or info since 2016, based upon a tour that still going for 7 years now, based upon things sounding automatic, based upon the disappointment of the die hard fans, you name it, and I can keep going for ours.

Which next chapter? Wake up! Seven years went by and they weren't able to right a single page, and you're talking about a next chapter? A year off to focus? WTF happened to 2019 and 2020? I don't care about Axl's voice, I'm stating facts about a band that is what it is, a tour band, playing the same songs all over again.

Do you really think that they'd have an audience in the US or Europe for a fourth run? A residence after 7 years of touring the same setlist? I'm sorry, but you're out of your mind.

Ok you missed the sarcasm. When someone uses "...." that's a sign they aren't being fully serious. I don't think there is a "next chapter" ...99.9% sure there isn't... but they did advertise it, so I expected someone on mygnr to get the joke/sarcasm

And the number one most important thing that makes or breaks GNR going forward is not new music or new setlists, it's whether Axl sounds good. So saying you don't care about Axls voice is moronic. I get it that you're upset about how stale this band is though, I am beyond bored of the current offerings and have been since 2016. 

Is there an audience in the US, Europe and Australia/Asia for further touring of GNR without change? yup. That has been proven since 2019 min. Each time we say surely nobody still wants to see this show again, but the tickets still sell... even on here there's people saying "I'm done" but they go and buy tickets when they announce new shows. So yeah, if a residency was announced people would 100% go, same songs or not... more than likely lots of people from here would go hoping to play the odds that they hear some rarities if they buy multiple tickets or go to a later date closer to the end. I have no interest in seeing GNR, but if I found myself in the same city as GNR when they were gigging, sure I'd go if I had nothing else on! why not and I guess that's what GNR is trading on. I don't think they need to be taken so seriously though, they are a joke! but who cares because every one of your other favourite bands does it the right way, so just enjoy them and take what you can from GNR... IF you're bothered.

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ok you missed the sarcasm. When someone uses "...." that's a sign they aren't being fully serious. I don't think there is a "next chapter" ...99.9% sure there isn't... but they did advertise it, so I expected someone on mygnr to get the joke/sarcasm

And the number one most important thing that makes or breaks GNR going forward is not new music or new setlists, it's whether Axl sounds good. So saying you don't care about Axls voice is moronic. I get it that you're upset about how stale this band is though, I am beyond bored of the current offerings and have been since 2016. 

Is there an audience in the US, Europe and Australia/Asia for further touring of GNR without change? yup. That has been proven since 2019 min. Each time we say surely nobody still wants to see this show again, but the tickets still sell... even on here there's people saying "I'm done" but they go and buy tickets when they announce new shows. So yeah, if a residency was announced people would 100% go, same songs or not... more than likely lots of people from here would go hoping to play the odds that they hear some rarities if they buy multiple tickets or go to a later date closer to the end. I have no interest in seeing GNR, but if I found myself in the same city as GNR when they were gigging, sure I'd go if I had nothing else on! why not and I guess that's what GNR is trading on. I don't think they need to be taken so seriously though, they are a joke! but who cares because every one of your other favourite bands does it the right way, so just enjoy them and take what you can from GNR... IF you're bothered.

Well, maybe I didn't get the sarcasm, my bad, but...

Axl's voice has nothing to do with GNR's current state, it has being criticized for 21 years now, since Rock In Rio 2001 and he still going full mickey.