09/04/22 - Recife, BR - Arena Pernambuco

alfierose

56 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Axl got the timing wrong in the 2nd half of Slither and Hard Skool. It was bad, especially Hard Skool. It's as if he doesn't hear anything, neither the backing vocals nor the band.

One thing I noticed recently - he is always mucking about with the transponder/mic thing. He seems to muck about with it a lot during performances - presumably changing what he can hear in his IEMs?

Nightrain - https://www.veed.io/view/301063eb-18ad-46e7-90fc-ff2eda37e184

Patience -  https://www.veed.io/view/632ad1c1-1e9c-4843-b177-fb28903cebbc  (01:14) Axl almost got hitted with something (t-shirt?) :D

SCOM - https://www.veed.io/view/ca0103f0-3211-4eaf-a9ba-38f8de501e0a

Don't Cry - https://www.veed.io/view/10f87e22-45e2-4a36-a0fd-0709fb9dfc83

Paradise City - https://www.veed.io/view/46effb82-9ab0-4271-823c-e1b6ce94fc9c

*Links will be deleted after 24 hours.

Edited by We love Axl Rose

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if the band will do anything special for the Rock In Rio show this weekend. (Like a new single)

Doubtful, but possible.

Watch the Rio show from last time they played. That should give you all the info you need.

They haven't bothered their ass, RIR is just another date in the book. It's a success if Axl sounds good, would be nice to get a pro shot where he delivers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Watch the Rio show from last time they played. That should give you all the info you need.

They haven't bothered their ass, RIR is just another date in the book. It's a success if Axl sounds good, would be nice to get a pro shot where he delivers

rir is like a bad luck thing to gnr never gets right 

46 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Was that the 2011 show? I remember watching that one as it streamed, or as best as I could with how choppy the feed was.

It didn't go well at all.

No I meant that one from 2017/18? whichever year. 

I also watched the 2011 rio stream live, got home from nightshift and plugged in and... well we all know the rest! BUT!!! at least there was a surprise song when they played Estranged for the first time in like 20yrs

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if the band will do anything special for the Rock In Rio show this weekend. (Like a new single)

Doubtful, but possible.

They're still using Hard Skool to promote the shows at the end of the year, so I wouldn't bet on hearing another single this year.

FaRXgpIaIAA9zRz.thumb.jpeg.3912b5b6f554f

The best we can hope for at Rio is another UYI song being brought back... hopefully it's something Axl will still sound good on, like Pretty Tied Up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They're still using Hard Skool to promote the shows at the end of the year, so I wouldn't bet on hearing another single this year.

The best we can hope for at Rio is another UYI song being brought back... hopefully it's something Axl will still sound good on, like Pretty Tied Up.

Pretty tied up would be great, hopefully replacing one of the yawn/doesn't work with this line up songs in the set... take your pick😄

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

One thing I noticed recently - he is always mucking about with the transponder/mic thing. He seems to muck about with it a lot during performances - presumably changing what he can hear in his IEMs?

Stadium shows are notoriously difficult when it comes to IEM’s. There always a delay and when you’re a singer waiting for your cue….

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

This - a solid performance from the band and Axl captured on pro-shot would be a big win.

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It’s pretty funny that to the side of all that is clearly a bunch of bootleg CDs 🤣

9 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Stadium shows are notoriously difficult when it comes to IEM’s. There always a delay and when you’re a singer waiting for your cue….

Would certainly explain the missteps in timing

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

If you look at the comments on YouTube on HS, people actually like it.  Most say it sounds like classic GNR etc.  I know we are crazy on this board and know more than the general public cares to.  But taking everything away, it does sound good, and Axl does as well.  They just can't seem to promote anything correctly

I'm not sure the promotion was that bad really- the issue is that it's just the one (two if we're counting Absurd) song. 

Other bands pop a song put often, then follow it up. They're teasers for something bigger. The issue is that there was no follow up whatsoever. That was it. And there's a limit to how much people are going to care about one song from an old rock band. 

The other issue is of course is that in GNR land, where getting anything is like getting blood out of a stone, it SEEMS a big deal. 'Hey, this is amazing, they released a song, isn't that awesome, etc etc'. To the rest of the music world, and to most fans it's just not that big a deal. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

If you look at the comments on YouTube on HS, people actually like it.  Most say it sounds like classic GNR etc.  I know we are crazy on this board and know more than the general public cares to.  But taking everything away, it does sound good, and Axl does as well.  They just can't seem to promote anything correctly

Yea, most casual fans seem to like it (especially compared to Absurd), and even most people on here agree it's a decent song but suffers from production issues.

The point of my post was that by the time they're in Japan, it will be almost 1.5 years old but they're still acting like it's their "new" single.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, most casual fans seem to like it (especially compared to Absurd), and even most people on here agree it's a decent song but suffers from production issues.

The point of my post was that by the time they're in Japan, it will be almost 1.5 years old but they're still acting like it's their "new" single.

In terms of gnr, 1 and a half years ago is pretty much a few weeks in guns time.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1