09/08/22 - Rio De Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

alfierose

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Você simplesmente não pode comparar Metallica e GNR. É o extremo oposto total do espectro. Metallica são os reis, GNR são pretendentes ao trono. Eu acho que o GNR provavelmente pensa que eles são iguais, mas na realidade o Metallica envergonha o GNR em todos os níveis. Melhor ao vivo, melhor interação com os fãs, melhor no lançamento de conteúdo, melhor no lançamento de álbuns (devagar, mas eles chegam lá)... Eu poderia continuar. O Metallica também tem seus pontos fracos, mas quase nunca é tão ruim quanto o GNR. O Metallica também tem um novo álbum em andamento, e a música não foi escrita há 20 anos E eu aposto com segurança que o próximo álbum do Metallica será lançado antes do GNR (isso vai junto com a ideia do GNR ter a intenção de lançar um álbum) .

O GNR também é ótimo, eles simplesmente não têm ideia de como sair do seu próprio caminho. Acham que menos é mais abordagem lhes dá mística, até certo ponto! não mais embora. Ainda vendendo muitos ingressos, mas o estoque caiu consideravelmente... não que eles pudessem manter esse nível de entusiasmo a partir de 2016/2017. A única coisa que salva esta banda neste momento é um álbum brilhante, matador de cima a baixo. Eu não acho que está nos cartões, especialmente depois dos singles que eles lançaram (o controle de qualidade foi desligado).

RIR... espero que seja tão bom quanto 2017 (barra baixa), esperando que seja melhor. Adoraria que essa banda fosse um pouco excitante novamente.

Simply Axl is lost, and clearly doesn't know how to put a fucking album out in the 21st century. Guns are in the past, Axl is stuck in his own world, he doesn't know the world has changed since the CD release

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Anyone know of how I can watch this live from the UK. The link above says not available in my region 😭

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giamping.brvpn

EDIT:

The Offspring - 1:10am CET

Måneskin - 3:20am CET

Guns N’ Roses - 5:10am CET

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Simply Axl is lost, and clearly doesn't know how to put a fucking album out in the 21st century. Guns are in the past, Axl is stuck in his own world, he doesn't know the world has changed since the CD release

It's like he's getting a redo on 1996. He's got the band that he wants with a guitar player that play toe to toe with Slash and he has the band under his control and ownership... No closer to deciding what the right next musical statement should be from gnr though

It will become to pieces one way or the other by some people. Either too classic and reminiscent of the old albums or too new and it not enough like the old music. He doesn't need to reinvent gnr again, he's already made that album. Logical move (Axl and logical... I know) is a balls to wall rock record 30/40 minutes long to not out stay its welcome. Plus balls to wall style music is all he sounds good singing these days so he could actually perform the singles live without dying on stage.

Edited by Tom2112

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's like he's getting a redo on 1996. He's got the band that he wants with a guitar player that play toe to toe with Slash and he has the band under his control and ownership... No closer to deciding what the right next musical statement should be from gnr though

It will become to pieces one way or the other by some people. Either too classic and reminiscent of the old albums or too new and it not enough like the old music. He doesn't need to reinvent gnr again, he's already made that album. Logical move (Axl and logical... I know) is a balls to wall rock record 30/40 minutes long to not out stay its welcome. Plus balls to wall style music is all he sounds good singing these days so he could actually perform the singles live without dying on stage.

Basically just get in a studio, not take it all too seriously, and enjoy creating music. 

There is no winning for them large portions of population will like it, large will hate it, many will just not care. Loads of articles about it not being the original lineup and plenty articles comparing it AFD. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is. 

So basically. Decide if they want to enjoy what they got, the time they have, and bash out an album. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gabmmor said:

Appreciated. Can confirm the Official link works well but requires an email and VPN to Brazil.

Does anyone know what time guns be on? EST? 
I’ve been watching all the Rio’s since 2001 and they have all went worse than the one before. But for some reason I just can’t not want to watch and see. With that said, in 2011 I thought it was game over for guns, since then I’ve seen them 20 times in different lineups and always had a blast. Sucker is the word that best describes me 

• Like 1