09/11/22 - Goiania, BR - Estadio Serra Dourada

alfierose

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

First off If you can't see that I was joking around then, I don't know what to say. But, your take is BS would be my short reply. Long reply would be - Mourning the royal family is not a good look for anybody (outside of the extremely wealthy who have benefitted from them), whether they like somebody from england or get to play some concerts there. The royal family past and present are criminals. Stealing from charities, nesting billions from tax loopholes that they have parliament make, not to mention all the colonialism that was furthered under Queen Elizabeth. They are also heavily racist, and Liz was top tier with that in fact https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/02/buckingham-palace-banned-ethnic-minorities-from-office-roles-papers-reveal That's a good read if you want to inform yourself, TB pass that on to Axl... he might throw out that ugly ass hat🤣

I'm sure even Slash or anybody with a brain would agree that she wasn't a good person once they actually do any kind of reading about her and what she actually did. https://www.washingtoninformer.com/queen-elizabeths-legacy-through-the-lens-of-colonialism-and-black-lives/ for some further reading.

ANYWAY!!! let's get back on track here, there's another underwhelming show to discuss and dissect and I don't think Axl wore the ugly hat, so until King Charles croaks or GNR play London again we don't have to talk about this any further.

First my comment wasn't aimed directly at you, as I've seen others wonder why Axl would honor england in this time.  And No shit the queen and royal family are terrible people and have always sucked. That doesn't mean you don't stand in unison with the people of the country out of respect for them.   

Axl and GnR have both shown to be worldly people and honor different countries for different reasons. Hell they have a Ukraine flag on stage every night. It wasn't a coincidence they had a trump pinata in Mexico city.  Clearly he is wearing the flag in honor of the English people in their time of hardship 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah for an American to be mourning the loss of a Queen or king is kinda strange... I thought ye had a few historical squabbles over all that colonisation😄 In Ireland when we have a grudge we take it to the grave and our next in line continue it with vigour! THAT is how it's done! 

He's of some British heritage, Slash is British by birth, they made their name globally in the UK at the Freddie Mercury tribute and they also have deep deep connections to the UK , with career highlights in the UK such as the Marquee club and are heavily influenced by British music. Nevermind the fact he's wasn't mourning he was paying tribute to an iconic historical figure, just as they do with the passing of others, from Stan Lee through to the Brazilian team that perished in a plane crash.

Ps he's not honouring England he's honouring Great Britain.

Edited by swishtz

5 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

You gotta realize that these guys travel and live all over the world. Axl might be an American living in LA but how many trips has he made over to Europe?  How many nights has he spent there?  How many friends does he have who live there?  Let's not forget the man who he shares a stage with was born and lives in England too.  People who tour the world generally have respect and ties all over the world. Not just America 🙄

what the heck does Europe have to do with British Queen!?!?

why the heck do you think anyone outside UK cares about British Queen?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

what the heck does Europe have to do with British Queen!?!?

why the heck do you think anyone outside UK cares about British Queen?

She was the last leader of a country that witnessed the horrors of world war 2.  So I think that might have something to do with the affection shown from around the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, ZoSo said:

Clearly you're unaware of the many thousands upon thousands of foreign tourists who visit Britain every day, the great majority of whom will stand outside of her house at least once on their trip.

She was a figure head, she had no power over anyone. The British Empire was slowly dismantled during her reign; most countries got their independence back and many were happy to remain part of the Commonwealth and have the Queen as their Head of State.

Whether you like the Royal Family or not, and I accept a lot of people don't like them, doesn't mean that someone should be denounced for simply showing some respect to a person whom they deem deserves it. Axl is showing his respect, so what has that got to do with you, and how does it affect the reason you follow Axl for in the first place? You're here for the music aren't you? Not Axl's personal stance on the world today.

As for any Argentinian who waxes indignant about a British hat; the Falklands war happened 40 years ago dude... let it go, move on!

ok, now read my post carefully and read with understanding, ok!?

Europe consists of many different countries and British Queen or tourism or not they don't give a flying .... for UK monarchs or tourists.

Why would someone in Croatia, Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Turkey care for British tourism!?:facepalm:

You know how many tourists those other countries or Germany, Austria, France have every day and why exactly would UK monarchs be of their importance!?:rofl-lol:

Don't be silly

Edited by Frankfurt93
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, swishtz said:

He's of some British heritage, Slash is British by birth, they made their name globally in the UK at the Freddie Mercury tribute and they also have deep deep connections to the UK , with career highlights in the UK such as the Marquee club and are heavily influenced by British music. Nevermind the fact he's wasn't mourning he was paying tribute to an iconic historical figure, just as they do with the passing of others, from Stan Lee through to the Brazilian team that perished in a plane crash.

Ps he's not honouring England he's honouring Great Britain.

Ok, first of all GNR were world famous well before 1992🤣 

Again with the "but they played some famous shows in the UK"... yeah they've played in lots of places. If it's iconic historical figures that have helped make the world a shittier place then hopefully they back track and include some of the other monsters from history next time they play all those other countries. Or are we still only celebrating the one's that get a pass because they write the history books and continue to claw onto their power?

There's a big difference between them tributing Stan lee or the Brazillian team that died, neither of those tributes were for people responsible for historical atrocities ffs🤣 These arguments don't hold up, just because you like the pomp and circumstance of the royals🤣 

Of course I get it that the gesture was meant as solidarity with the British people... or at least the British people that give two shits about the royals. And I get that England, more specifically London holds a certain gravitas to international acts. The point I make is that it's really selective history "We'll just put all that bad shit aside because she looks like a lovely old lady, RIP" nah... you have to be held accountable and the British people shouldn't be celebrating her either as she did nothing for them. 

ANYHOOO! I think the subject has gotten a little too far into the weeds considering I was just having a light hearted laugh about a hat and t-shirt. Let's wrap this thing up with a nice bow.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

First my comment wasn't aimed directly at you, as I've seen others wonder why Axl would honor england in this time.  And No shit the queen and royal family are terrible people and have always sucked. That doesn't mean you don't stand in unison with the people of the country out of respect for them.   

Axl and GnR have both shown to be worldly people and honor different countries for different reasons. Hell they have a Ukraine flag on stage every night. It wasn't a coincidence they had a trump pinata in Mexico city.  Clearly he is wearing the flag in honor of the English people in their time of hardship 

Ok... I know I said I was wrapping it up, but "time of hardship"... I actually snorted🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ok, Now I'm done

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

Axl doesn’t wear hats no more?

He still does wear hats, but not as often.

After he got his haircut a couple years ago, he doesn't have to worry about sweaty hair in his face. I also noticed that he is not wearing his bandana too much as well.