09/16/22 - Ribeirão Preto, BR - Arena Eurobike

alfierose

24 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

There's 8 billion people on the planet.  How many of them have heard of "Ribeirao Preto?"

Be honest.  Have you ever heard of "Ribeirao Preto" before Guns booked a show there?

Look in a mirror.....that's "rude" staring back at you.

But you were talking about the lithograph, weren't you? And based on the previous lithos, aren't the artists supposed to do some research in order to find inspiration for their work, even if they haven't heard of the city before?

I hadn't heard of Missoula, Montana either before GN'R played there - and I believe most of us in Europe have heard as much of it (or of Raleigh, NC for example) as of Ribeirão Preto- yet the artist found local references to base the litho on. I just looked up Ribeirão Preto on wikipedia and saw a couple of local things that could have served as the basis for a poster instead of the usual generic skull/AFD imagery.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

I agree.  These have been some of the most boring and uninspired lithos since the tour started 6 years ago.  Surely the artists or the team behind the merchandise could have done some research and found something unique about each city.  They've done a great job with some really obscure places all over the globe all these years, so it seems to me that someone really dropped the ball for this Brazilian tour.

Tonight's is especially lazy for using such an obvious and outdated reference for Axl.  Slash and Duff look like they do nowadays, but the artist just traced this old picture from the UYI tour.

0700b94a406088eadadfb41e855043da288a9e9a

I'd feel bad if it were my city, considering all the thought and effort that went into all the hundreds of lithos before this leg of the tour.  But then again, the only other leg that never got lithos at all was Mexico in early 2016.  Maybe GNR just don't think merch sells well in South America or something.

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

There's 8 billion people on the planet.  How many of them have heard of "Ribeirao Preto?"

Be honest.  Have you ever heard of "Ribeirao Preto" before Guns booked a show there?

Look in a mirror.....that's "rude" staring back at you.

But these lithos aren' for those 8 billion people. The lithos are for the people who attend the shows the lithos are sold in. So really, it means jack shit whether you or anyone of those other 8 billion knows the city.

And this one was pretty cool:

2022_357.jpg

Edited by PatrickS77

That one's the best of Brazil so far, yes.

The design for Sept 13th was interesting, in a 1980s homage kind of way, but not what I'd like to see in a GNR concert poster.

The others for Brazil have all been like tonight...really generic and uninspired and just loosely mixing and matching iconography from GNR's past.

I'd definitely feel ripped off as a Brazilian.

10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

But these lithos aren' for those 8 billion people. The lithos are for the people who attend the shows the lithos are sold in. So really, it means jack shit whether you or anyone of those other 8 billion knows the city.

And this one was pretty cool:

2022_357.jpg

This is a cool reference to the most famous bar in Ribeirão Preto: Pinguim. 

22-B5-EBF1-53-C8-4-F54-AC35-6356-BA4637-

• Like 2

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

306767115-474452467938156-29084261957498

Cara. Realmente telefonando para esses lithos ultimamente. Mas meio que esperado. O que você pode realmente fazer para mostrar cidades brasileiras aleatórias que a maioria das pessoas nunca ouviu falar?

Shut fuck Up Man, too many bands play in Ribeirão Preto 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYjyDJILzEAzIKgUoWzJC

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5GYNodzPPU6ucoJV3bmH

Edited by TheSlashrose

1 minute ago, metalavenger99 said:

Funny how most of the Facebook streams during the USA leg of the tour, came from our South American friends living in the respective states where each concert took place, then the band goes to this exact continent and we get absolutely nothing day after day lol

Spot on.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Is this setlist correct?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2022/arena-eurobike-ribeirao-preto-brazil-73b02a95.html

This setlist differs from the one posted by Jarmo on HTGTH. (You're Crazy was played or not?)

If there are differences, always Jarmo's is the correct one (like it or not, he's the only reliable source when there are no streams).

• Like 2