09/26/22 - Porto Alegre, BR - Arena do Gremio

alfierose

Just now, ChrisMaciel said:

Exactly.

Also, YouTube videos are reflecting what you are saying, @Pinball Wizard.

It was a great perfomance considering his current level and even 2018-2022 standards.

I haven't watched any videos yet. I just woke up, it was a round trip for me, from the airport to the venue and back to the airport, no hotel or anything... and I'm too old for this stuff 😂

Still recovering here! 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lost un the jungle said:

He sounded pretty good on Better, no chocking, no funny noises, he's doing fine. Waiting for them in Argentina!!!🥳

If he sounds like he did in Porto Alegre + the best crowd in the world, it’s going to be the best show of the tour. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jafeijo said:

If he sounds like he did in Porto Alegre + the best crowd in the world, it’s going to be the best show of the tour. Cheers!

And if you're close to the stage try to shout some songs names here and there. I'm living proof they hear it and might play it! So try some pretty tied up or something from the options setlist! 😂

And you're right: the audience in Argentina is UNBEATABLE! You guys are just insane!

Edited by Pinball Wizard
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I’m kinda saying the same thing in a way. I’m saying no matter what he’ll never sound like he used to is all.  It won’t get better.  Maybe something like that will help him be able to still talk but singing like he used to is over.  We just go to reminisce which is fine 

Yeah, we are kinda saying the same stuff. But my point was that a medical vocal coach ain't BS and that even for his someone his age this aid could really help him out and, if done with a good professional and him following the instructions as given, he could actually even improve his voice. Improve to a point of getting back to what it used to be like in the 80's? Hell no. But this could make him sound like 2006 or even during his run on acdc. I have no doubts about that. I have the help of an amazing medical vocal coach who is also a singing teacher, so she doesn't only know about how the vocal track works in general (speaking voice) but she also knows how the singing voice works too (which is a totally different beast). It works wonders if the patient has the discipline to follow through all the instructions and routines. 

11 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

All that vocal coach stuff is a load of BS.  Did he have a coach in the club days?  All it is , is these singers are older and used to chain smoke and drink booze.  

Axl had voice issues during the prime days and yes, he had a vocal coach back then.

Sayin that his voice won't come back is not accurate, also.

12 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I’m kinda saying the same thing in a way. I’m saying no matter what he’ll never sound like he used to is all.  It won’t get better.  Maybe something like that will help him be able to still talk but singing like he used to is over.  We just go to reminisce which is fine 

He actually can get back to 2016 levels at least partially, last show was proof enough that it might happen in the future. Maybe he’s just too reckless and feeling no pain and etc 😅

• Like 1