10/02/22 - Montevideo, UR - Estadio Centenario

alfierose

55 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

And Sorry being part of the regular set has me scratching my head, I wonder whos idea that was, so random

One could presume it's all about Axl's voice, as he can kinda rest on this one. But then, why would they play Better or the AC/DC stuff. So Idk - it's GNR after all. 

7 hours ago, cineater said:

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Better, Reckless Life, Double Talkin’ Jive, Live And Let Die, Estranged, Shadow Of Your Love, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Band Intros, Slash Solo, Absurd, Hard Skool, Attitude, Civil War/Machine Gun (outro), Sorry, Slash Intro/Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Coma, Blackbird/Patience, Don’t Cry, Paradise City

/jarmo

While I think the setlist has gotten pretty stale again and I’m kind of annoyed they haven’t added any UYI deep cuts or new songs into the fray, I am happy to see them play both Patience and Dont Cry in the encore more consistently now. Also I’m really happy to see Sorry as a consistent mainstay personally. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

While I think the setlist has gotten pretty stale again and I’m kind of annoyed they haven’t added any UYI deep cuts or new songs into the fray, I am happy to see them play both Patience and Dont Cry in the encore more consistently now. Also I’m really happy to see Sorry as a consistent mainstay personally. 

I know some people like Sorry but it is slow and boring in a live environment honestly. 

I agree with UYI deep cuts (promo for the box set anyone?) Or new songs (promo opportunity once again) but yeah with this concert leg we get nothing at all.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vloors said:

I know some people like Sorry but it is slow and boring in a live environment honestly. 

Agreed. I think they actually do a great job with it, but it completely takes the air out of the stadium (or arena previously). IRS or Shaklers would be really cool instead.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vloors said:

I agree with UYI deep cuts (promo for the box set anyone?) Or new songs (promo opportunity once again) but yeah with this concert leg we get nothing at all.

Yeah that’s fair. I personally like it because it’s something they added at the least in an otherwise boring leg, and also I’m a CD fan, but yup, it’s pretty slow and takes a lot of wind out of the concert.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Agreed. I think they actually do a great job with it, but it completely takes the air out of the stadium (or arena previously). IRS or Shaklers would be really cool instead.

God I'd love IRS back, cant even remember when they last played that live. Dont see slash on Shacklers but IRS I think he would work really well.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The setlist has always been on repeat.  And there is a point where it's butts back in the seats or in my case, intermission.  I've only actually seen one full stream this leg so it's still exciting to watch.  If they do add something new, it's only one change in a 3 hour set so not a biggie there.  A big change isn't needed, they still are playing stadiums and people are still coming.  It's a money maker.  If the band isn't bored to tears and thinking about doing something else, stay the course.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

The setlist has always been on repeat.  And there is a point where it's butts back in the seats or in my case, intermission.  I've only actually seen one full stream this leg so it's still exciting to watch.  If they do add something new, it's only one change in a 3 hour set so not a biggie there.  A big change isn't needed, they still are playing stadiums and people are still coming.  It's a money maker.  If the band isn't bored to tears and thinking about doing something else, stay the course.

I think the lack of anything new this time is baffling though. Considering a UYI boxset is coming out soon there really should’ve been a few deep cuts. Even bringing back Locomotive to the set or something. Or bring back PTU which the band already learned. And even if soon isn’t the word it’s likely the band will release something new within the next year or two and Slash said some songs were on the way, maybe promote those two in a continent where you’re guaranteed positive reception? They just refuse to promote their upcoming products. It’s weird. 

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

There’s no way in hell Axl could sing IRS in 2022 lol

If he dropped the high note down a step like he used to do anyway, and it was a good night I think he could. Dam site better than he does Hard school

45 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think the lack of anything new this time is baffling though. Considering a UYI boxset is coming out soon there really should’ve been a few deep cuts. Even bringing back Locomotive to the set or something. Or bring back PTU which the band already learned. And even if soon isn’t the word it’s likely the band will release something new within the next year or two and Slash said some songs were on the way, maybe promote those two in a continent where you’re guaranteed positive reception? They just refuse to promote their upcoming products. It’s weird. 

They start the Asia run on 5th November and the box arrives a week later so it’s more likely UYI deep cuts will appear on that leg.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

They start the Asia run on 5th November and the box arrives a week later so it’s more likely UYI deep cuts will appear on that leg.

I don’t really know if the band is really going to use 2 weeks in the middle of their busiest tour to start practicing UYI deep cuts but maybe. I imagine they’ll just use it as a time to take a break.

IRS sucks, but he could probably sing it.

The high notes aren’t an issue for Axl. You’d probably get Mickey, but he’d hit the note. It’s those mid range “gonna call the President…” lines that would give him a really hard time.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Agreed. But they havent exactly proven to be the Kings of Marketing over the years lol. I mean it took them like a week to even acknowledge the boxset on social media or their official site.

It really seems like the UYI boxset is a UMG/record company stuff the band isnt a big fan of. I mean, 3 freakin' drums solos...

Of course Pretty Tied Up would have been great on this leg but, oh well...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don’t really know if the band is really going to use 2 weeks in the middle of their busiest tour to start practicing UYI deep cuts but maybe. I imagine they’ll just use it as a time to take a break.

I suppose we don’t know what they have been rehearsing ‘behind closed doors’. Busting out Locomotive isn’t impossible as they have done it. And they were planning on doing Pretty Tied Up too. Find out in a month. 🤣

Coma had a cool outro.

Hardskool was solid. Reckless and shadow were amazing. Hell, I think axl was really good in all songs tbh.

Obviously there are songs where he sounds better but all people near me were praising his vocals. Some guy actually said he wasn't sure what to expect given that people says Axl lost his voice but he thought Axl was killing it.And people chanted Axl name a few times between songs.

The whole band looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Oh and they messed up Blackbird and had to start over, that was funny 😅

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Agreed. But they havent exactly proven to be the Kings of Marketing over the years lol. I mean it took them like a week to even acknowledge the boxset on social media or their official site.

It really seems like the UYI boxset is a UMG/record company stuff the band isnt a big fan of. I mean, 3 freakin' drums solos...

Of course Pretty Tied Up would have been great on this leg but, oh well...

Did they acknowledge being a part of Thor: Love and Thunder whatsoever? It'd be funny if Axl went on stage with the Thor helmet and Strombreaker. Or played a clip of "Axl" talking about Guns N' Roses as an intro to concerts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dani_1455 said:

Just hearing It's so easy, the second Scream is at levels of 2016, the last shows I'm hearing Axl sounding better, hope he can continúe!

Exactly.
Also, a good jungle after the first chorus. If he continues improving, my take is that he will be kiling it by the end of October.