10/02/22 - Montevideo, UR - Estadio Centenario

alfierose

I swear Axl jumped in Coma imitating me.

He sang so much better than in Argentina, some sick rasp in important songs, saving voice in others, a great performance overall. But you can't compare to the energy of Buenos Aires, he had such a good time in Argentina. Shame that the setlist was identical

4 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

Listening to this show. Seems to be quite a (relative) comeback from Axls voice. High notes, rasp. Good for hin.

Dont know what you're talking about...he sounds as horrible as the other shows

He doesnt even add rasp to that part after Dont Cry's guitar solo...it hurts, but Axl cant sing no more

Edited by Alejandro GNR

9 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

He doesnt even add raps to that part after Dont Cry's guitar solo...it hurts, but Axl cant sing no more

It tastes good, don't it during Don't Cry would be rather inappropriate...

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

He doesnt even add rasp to that part after Dont Cry's guitar solo...it hurts, but Axl cant sing no more

I think people are just so used to what Axl's voice is at this point that they try to find the best in it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think the lack of anything new this time is baffling though. Considering a UYI boxset is coming out soon there really should’ve been a few deep cuts. Even bringing back Locomotive to the set or something. Or bring back PTU which the band already learned. And even if soon isn’t the word it’s likely the band will release something new within the next year or two and Slash said some songs were on the way, maybe promote those two in a continent where you’re guaranteed positive reception? They just refuse to promote their upcoming products. It’s weird. 

Absurd and Hard Skool are new to this crowd, right?  Should be on any up coming product and maybe still available for purchase.  Don't know, I didn't care that much for either song.  Then again, I'm a big fan of Wichita Lineman.  Loved it the first time I heard it and they can play that every time, imo.  I would buy that.

Deep cuts aren't going to help sell a box set.  Promote a box set isn't going to help sell it.  Of course, just my opinion, I couldn't give a flying fuck about a box set.  :lol:  I don't think a box set hold's much appeal to the masses, we'll see how sales go but I don't think the last one was anything to brag about when it comes to sales.

The money is in the concerts.  And the easy money is in movies, commercials, video games, stuff like that with the classic hits.  The money is not in new music.  Unless of course Axl dies and if he doesn't hurry up and do that, we'll all be dead.  Sorry Axl.  I mean they could have a come back album, it's not impossible.  Willie Nelson had a big hit a few years back.  But I also think, if their intent is to put out new music, they have to leave the label.  The label is not interested in new music from GNR, imo, it doesn't bring in the money.  They don't have a big hit.  I'd like to hear what they have but I don't know if I'm going to like it.  

Not my business area though.  I'm sure the band has enough experience and expertise to navigate their way through what they really want to do.  If they are not doing it the normal way, I assume they aren't going that way or trying something new.  I'm happy they are still out there touring, still an active band.  They could stop.  Axl can't be happy with his voice in places.  He's harder on himself then we are.  He could be thinking about doing something different when these commitments are over.  I hope not but he has choices.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

My opinion is based on the evolution regarding Axl’s singing since the start of the tour. And yes, there’s a night and day difference between Manaus and Uruguay. 
Is it in the same level as 2016? no, it’s not.
But, if the keeps improving, it might reach 2017 level.

The lack of rasp and clean singing kind of worked on Locomotive and Dead Horse when they were brought back. It's hard to listen to the harsh rasp he used on those songs during the UYI tour. A lot of songs don't though which is why I rarely check out the live performances today unless it's a deep cut like the original You're Crazy from Appetite.

4 hours ago, darkside259 said:

lol since 2010 he doesn t do that, he even said he can t do that part anymore in a rant

He had a rant about his voice?  I can see that.  It really pisses you off when you can't make your voice do what it once did without any effort.  Once in a while it's there but it's really annoying when you have to admit it's gone and it's not coming back.  Like all those other things that comes with age.  Gone but not forgotten.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

He had a rant about his voice?  I can see that.  It really pisses you off when you can't make your voice do what it once did without any effort.  Once in a while it's there but it's really annoying when you have to admit it's gone and it's not coming back.  Like all those other things that comes with age.  Gone but not forgotten.  

one of the south america 2010 shows where he really started to have problems singing, during the break in KOHD he said he was sorry for not being able to hit all his high notes and talked about how the acoustic shows from the month earlier really fucked him up more than the canada shows already did.  apparently they were scheduled without anyone's approval and the band were informed last second.  i'd post the video if i could remember which show it was from.  i think in 2010 he did irreparable damage to his voice that really sent him on the downward spiral vocally we've seen for the last few years

47 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Sounds interesting, have you got a link to that rant please?

i don t remember the show but i promise to look for it later when i came home, he talk about a fan angry with him about not doing the don t cry outro with rasp and he talking about not being able to do it anymore, back in the days i though he didn t wan to, i was wrong 

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, deathrevan said:

one of the south america 2010 shows where he really started to have problems singing, during the break in KOHD he said he was sorry for not being able to hit all his high notes and talked about how the acoustic shows from the month earlier really fucked him up more than the canada shows already did.  apparently they were scheduled without anyone's approval and the band were informed last second.  i'd post the video if i could remember which show it was from.  i think in 2010 he did irreparable damage to his voice that really sent him on the downward spiral vocally we've seen for the last few years

Not an expert on what happens to your voice as you age but I've noticed in other artist, the voice has deepen and the breath is just not there.  In younger years, they smoked, abused themselves in other ways and that voice hung in there.  Axl would know if he hurt his voice but you can't rule out what you hear happening with older artist.

I like what the Dead did bringing in a younger artist and moving him more into most of the lead vocals.  It was weird at first but that voice became the voice of the Dead in the present for me.  Bobby still sings but lead spot  in songs he can better handle (most of the time).  It's a shame he didn't move into writing new songs for the band and let the new people move the band into the next generation.  It ends next year.  I'm bummed.  We'll see what spins off.  I hope the music hasn't ended.

6 hours ago, darkside259 said:

i don t remember the show but i promise to look for it later when i came home, he talk about a fan angry with him about not doing the don t cry outro with rasp and he talking about not being able to do it anymore, back in the days i though he didn t wan to, i was wrong 

That's Dublin 2012. "Why don't you use your excellent rasp voice at the end of don't cry.... he say's I have no fucking idea... Axl the said 'I liked that he said excellent'..."

Just watched that show again recently, Axl sounded pretty damn good! DJ was a bit all over the place with the solos though which brings down the grade average.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

That's Dublin 2012. "Why don't you use your excellent rasp voice at the end of don't cry.... he say's I have no fucking idea... Axl the said 'I liked that he said excellent'..."

Just watched that show again recently, Axl sounded pretty damn good! DJ was a bit all over the place with the solos though which brings down the grade average.

Crazy how time passes and then looking back you start to truly appreciate the sound, voice, band of 2009-14. I saw them during that time, absolutely loved them but there was still that bit of me that longed for his old voice and a reunion, now we have the “partial” reunion, I am very happy but I find myself reminiscing over that “new” gnr period and watching old videos thinking his voice was damn good and how most of us took it for granted! 😪

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, deathrevan said:

That is from São Paulo 2010.

6 hours ago, DustNBones1990 said:

Crazy how time passes and then looking back you start to truly appreciate the sound, voice, band of 2009-14. I saw them during that time, absolutely loved them but there was still that bit of me that longed for his old voice and a reunion, now we have the “partial” reunion, I am very happy but I find myself reminiscing over that “new” gnr period and watching old videos thinking his voice was damn good and how most of us took it for granted! 😪

Exactly, I actually never really cared for the reunion though. I would have been happy if Slash just came up every once in a while like Izzy. Oh and that DJ left the band permanently😄

But yeah I think he sounds better on that Dublin 2012 show than he did throughout 2016-present... But he has the wrong line up so people disregard it. Wrong doesn't mean bad,it just means without Slash😄

• ABSUЯD 1