10/11/22 - Bogota, CO - Estadio Nemesio Camacho El Campin

alfierose

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! Question regarding the first of these two shows. If it’s Sold Out, how ‘sold out’ does this mean? And how would one seek to acquire a ticket? I’d be an international arrival for the show and want to understand whether a) maybe more tickets might be released or b) the chances of gaining access to the ‘sold out’ show. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, swirkh said:

Very high altitude, 2 shows in a row. He either comes prepared, or it's recipe for a disaster.

Not really worried about it.  Axl spends time in the mountains when not on tour.  Not really sure how that works but I would think he should adjust pretty quickly.  He's pretty high up there, not sure how the two locations compare.

I will be late tomorrow, pinball league night.  I will be here Wednesday night.  Don't know why I thought it was Thursday.

Edited by cineater

5 hours ago, cineater said:

Not really worried about it.  Axl spends time in the mountains when not on tour.  Not really sure how that works but I would think he should adjust pretty quickly.  He's pretty high up there, not sure how the two locations compare.

I will be late tomorrow, pinball league night.  I will be here Wednesday night.  Don't know why I thought it was Thursday.

it will be more challenging for him to sing in high altitude for sure.

from google: "The air at higher altitudes is colder, less dense, and contains fewer oxygen molecules. This means that you need to take more breaths in order to get the same amount of oxygen as you would at lower altitudes. The higher the elevation, the more difficult breathing becomes."

so if it's more difficult to breath, it's more difficult to sing.

Just now, jamillos said:

It's not like he hasn't done those gigs before. Also, the air in that 2018 Berlin altitude must have been exceptionally bad... 
But good to have an excuse in advance, just in case he sucks. :lol:

how can a fact be an excuse? it's literally more difficult to get the same amount of oxygen into the lungs at higher altitudes. No one said Axl gets a pass for potentially sounding like shit because of the venue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

how can a fact be an excuse? it's literally more difficult to get the same amount of oxygen into the lungs at higher altitudes. No one said Axl gets a pass for potentially sounding like shit because of the venue.

Well it sounded like that to me. Again, he's handled it before, I believe in him.

• GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Are you comparing the hills of Malibu to the mountains of Colombia?

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

That's exactly my thinking too. You can't compare

I was checking out the elevation in Malibu County: the highest peak is lower than 1000 meters but surely Axl's house is much further down, probably at 300-400 meters. Bogota is at 2600 meters :lol:

Edited by SoulMonster

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Are you comparing the hills of Malibu to the mountains of Colombia?

No, like you said hills in Malibu.  I think they might be more like sand dunes.  :lol:

I had altitude sickness once.  I was way above Denver and of course, I was getting high.  Brought me down 100 feet and I was fine.  Never had it again on return visits to the mountains and higher locations.

42 minutes ago, IndiannaRose said:

Axl tends to perform well in Bogota given the altitude. However, the concern is valid since he's coming from Lima, which is at sea level. One can hope he acclimates in time (may equate to less running and spinning on his end).

axl chuwing coca like a champ

10 minutes ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

Slash played some notes from Don't Damn Me as I can hear from Meegan's IG story! :o Just a few seconds but anyway

Here's the link: https://instagram.com/stories/meeganhodges/2946908948973851169

Damn they NEVER played this and I really want them to play it but then again I don’t want Axl to die onstage so it’s kinda tricky 

• Like 2