10/15/22 - Merida, MX - Xmatkuil Juntos Haremos Historia

alfierose

• 5 months later...

Guns N’ Roses concert in Mérida: 2 for 1

The organizers of the long-awaited concert of the American band Guns N’ Roses announced Wednesday different promotions for next weekend’s concert in which the Mexican band Molotov will also be performing.

According to what was announced, the sections being promoted are as follows:
– Extreme Zone (2×1 promotion)
– General Zone B (3×2 promotion)

As you may recall, Guns & Roses’ arrival in Mérida was expected one year ago, and will finally take place this Saturday, October 15 at the Centro de Espectáculos Montejo in the Xmatkuil Fair Grounds.

According to the information, the event will begin at 9:00 p.m. and will feature the Mexican band, Molotov.

The Guns N’ Roses staff arrived in Yucatán last weekend, and are already setting up the mega stage where the famous band, author of hits such as “Don’t Cry”, “Sweet Child O’ Mine”, “November Rain”, among others, will perform.

According to the box office page, the tickets that are already sold out are those of and Hospitality 2, which were respectively the cheapest and most expensive zones.

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2022/10/guns-n-roses-concert-in-merida-2-for-1/

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Not only that, but the set lists have been slow to be posted online. I just think we've all pretty much accepted nothing new will be played.

Well, setlists can only be updated either by users who are at the show (and post them during it or keep notes) or through live streams. And in the case of this show we've had neither, so the only remaining source is Jarmo (who hasn't posted the setlist yet).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Apparently there were no streams last night. And there's no setlist yet (although we can guess it, more or less).

Beta posted that it was a difficult night for the crew. Maybe technical issues.

It is kind of a shock to me because these crowds are super excited to see GNR, way more than North American crowds. I would assume even the casual GNR fans would be streaming, posting to setlist.fm, and especially documenting the soundchecks but doesn’t seem to be the case. 

• Like 2