05/21/22 - Daytona Beach, FL - Welcome to Rockville

alfierose

On 5/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, Dean said:

If there is fuck all new music played, then the only consolation I’d be happy with is Finck joining them on stage. 

I'm about an hour north of the festival. I decided not to go though. I swear on all that is holy, if Robin joins them and I wasn't there, I will lose my shit 😂 

Edited by RussTCB
  • Haha 3

Just now, Dangom1 said:

It's Axl, if you said in 2012 - 14 Axl would sing with ACDC with full rasp etc people would have said not a chance 

I've seen a lot of fans say things like this, and it's just not a good comparison. In 2012 he was mostly on autopilot, but he could still hit the high note in TWAT, he could still belt out the classic rasp without his voice cracking, there was still a valid argument that he was preserving his voice. But it's deteriorated massively since then, and I really wonder what the people who say "he could still sing like Axl/DC if he wanted to" are listening to.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dean said:

A half step down may still be a bit of a stretch for Jonner these days. Weren't AC/DC playing a full step down before Axl got on board? That would be pretty cool to see though.

No they played in Eb from the Black Ice tour on and tuned up to standard tuning when Axl stepped in 

I will say I would not expect any new music here. This is a one off show and the real tour starts in a few weeks. They’ll probably just do BIB and Loco as their fun surprise (like how SuperBowl 2020 got YC). 

Hope everyone going has a fun time!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I like the shirt. Makes a change from black.

Yeah, nice they're changing that up at least. My Snoopy GNR shirt from 2021 was dark blue too. Here's to hoping the Groningen one will be something else than white/black. Maybe orange :lol:

Back in Black would be cool, I guess, but I'd one million times prefer a 'new', and I use the word loosely, GNR song over a cover with Angus any day. Then again, I'm not in Daytona and I've seen Axl do bib in 2016. I hope everyone has fun there!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

That was supposed to be sarcasm. I don't like Frank's drumming so I thought maybe he could take a break for a while lol

And here I was thinking you were just making sure m'man was consummating that marriage properly! You should have went harder and maybe added a few emoji prompts I didn't get the sarcasm, and now people think you're a fan of his drumming.