What songs should be brought back/dropped during the 2022 tour?

with a week till they go back on tour what songs should be brought back?

they don't have to have been for 20 years this is my predictions some might be crazy/dumb

UTLH

My Michelle

OTGM

Locomotive

DH

YATF

Attitude

New rose

Raw power

Prostitute

TWAT

I got you (i feel good)

DOTF

TIL

I.R.S

riad n the bedouins

Edit: can't think of many to go besides YCBM, RQ & Slither

Edited by kingcanyon

• kingcanyon changed the title to What songs should be brought back/dropped during the 2022 tour?
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Drop:
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Better
Slither
Civil War
Don't Cry
Madagascar

Add:
Pretty Tied Up
Bad Obsession
Down On The Farm
You Ain't The First
Perhaps / New song
Don't Cry (Alt lyrics)
Locomotive (w/ Melissa on backing vocals)

Bring back the acoustic set (which they kinda did last year) but maybe do it as the first encore, or at least don't do it right after November Rain. Play So Fine or Raw Power with Axl every once in a while. Rotate some UYI/TSI deep cuts with stuff like Ain't Goin' Down or Black Leather.

This post wins the thread. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Drop:
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Better
Slither
Civil War
Don't Cry
Madagascar

Add:
Pretty Tied Up
Bad Obsession
Down On The Farm
You Ain't The First
Perhaps / New song
Don't Cry (Alt lyrics)

I’d keep Maddy, but apart from that I couldn’t agree more 

• Like 1

I'd love to hear Oh My God and There Was A Time. I wish they played Shackler's live again too, and if so, please, for the love of God have Richard play the solo and not Slash. Wish that went for all CD songs. 

They should drop some of the overplayed AFD stuff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'd love to hear Oh My God and There Was A Time. I wish they played Shackler's live again too, and if so, please, for the love of God have Richard play the solo and not Slash. Wish that went for all CD songs. 

They should drop some of the overplayed AFD stuff.

If they play Oh My God and There Was A Time I am going for an extended piss break.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 4:26 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Drop:
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Better
Slither
Civil War
Don't Cry
Madagascar

Add:
Pretty Tied Up
Bad Obsession
Down On The Farm
You Ain't The First
Perhaps / New song
Don't Cry (Alt lyrics)

Bring back the acoustic set (which they kinda did last year) but maybe do it as the first encore, or at least don't do it right after November Rain. Play So Fine or Raw Power with Axl every once in a while. Rotate some UYI/TSI deep cuts with stuff like Ain't Goin' Down or Black Leather.

Swap out You Aint The First (snore) and replace with Dead Horse or The Garden 

• Like 1

Knowing that this band really does not change up set lists a lot, and that Axl's voice is what it is at this point (I think news reports of another big name singer's vocal issues put into relief just how lucky we are that Axl sounds as good as he does at this stage), I would really only make one absolutely "essential" drop: "Better". That pains me to say, as that's one of my favorite all time Guns N' Roses songs of all time, from any lineup, but it just seems to throw him for a loop these days. There are actually songs in the set lists that are harder to sing that he consistently sings better (no pun intended) than "Better," but that song seems to throw him for a loop. When I saw them last year, I tried to keep an open mind regarding Axl's vocals, and was actually fairly astonished at how good he sounded (admittedly, this was towards the end of a tour run), but there was no disguising that he really struggled with "Better", enough that my "casual" friends who attended the show with me noticed it (and they otherwise thought he sounded amazing). 

In terms of "adds", again I'll be realistic. I imagine the best we'd get would be finally seeing "Pretty Tied Up" revived, or seeing "Dead Horse" and "Locomotive" played more consistently. Other than that, the songs remaining are either: (i) ones that Axl probably could not perform with consistency (not being mean, just honest) and (ii) songs that were never really played in a live setting in any era of the band. If I went for "dream" adds, I'd have to go with "Reckless Life" (for an old GN'R chestnut) or "Street of Dreams" (one of the Chinese Democracy songs that I actually think this lineup could really work with in a cool way). 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

On 5/15/2022 at 1:26 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Drop:
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Better
Slither
Civil War
Don't Cry
Madagascar

Add:
Pretty Tied Up
Bad Obsession
Down On The Farm
You Ain't The First
Perhaps / New song
Don't Cry (Alt lyrics)

I thought this was a serious post until I saw the Locomotive Melissa vocals comment, and realised you must be joking :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I thought this was a serious post until I saw the Locomotive Melissa vocals comment, and realised you must be joking :lol:

When they played it in 2019 they had studio vocals piped in, at least during the chorus. Fuck that. If they're gonna play songs that require lots of vocal layers they may as well turn up Melissa's mic.

43 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

When they played it in 2019 they had studio vocals piped in, at least during the chorus. Fuck that. If they're gonna play songs that require lots of vocal layers they may as well turn up Melissa's mic.

And Duff's too. Just kidding.

On a serious note, I'd rather hear Melissa's vocals than Duff's. I'd imagine Melissa will do some backing vocals on the next album, even if it's just moans from some of the stuff Brain recorded. Hahaha

• Like 1