What songs should be brought back/dropped during the 2022 tour?

In keeping with the spirit of the thread so far:

Drop Chinese Democracy and replace with Right Next Door to Hell
Drop Slither and replace with Messages
Drop Madagascar and replace with Breakdown
Drop The Seeker for Ain't it Fun
Drop My Michelle for Black Leather
Drop Hardschool and replace with Get in the Ring
Drop Absurd and replace with Cornshucker
Drop Better and replace with I.R.S.
Drop YCBM and replace with Garden of Eden
Drop SCOM and replace with Move to the City
Drop WTTJ and replace with Shackler's Revenge
Drop PC and replace with The Garden
Drop Locomotive for I Don't Care About You

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

When they played it in 2019 they had studio vocals piped in, at least during the chorus. Fuck that. If they're gonna play songs that require lots of vocal layers they may as well turn up Melissa's mic.

I’d rather hear Axl prerecorded vocals than giving Melissa a microphone.

• Like 1

I would like them to drop Wichita, seeker, TIL, yesterdays and add Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, add/ keep locomotive or coma preferably both and keep shadow of your love. The rest is pretty much standard and I don't expect them to change much, Absurd can also go for Think About you or something

Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obession, Think About You, easy songs he wouldnt struggle with too much. I would love to see more Locomotive, add 2 new releases, and switch the opener with something else. My ultimate dream, even tho Axl cant sing it anymore, would be seeing There Was A Time again.

• Like 3

Anything short of a drastic overhaul doesn't interest me. 

I'd love to hear PTU etc. But I wouldn't go just to hear PTU, I would need a new stage look, and setlist that I can't guess (outside of watching spoiler camera footage). I don't foresee them changing anything majorly though. Almost 100% guaranteed to hear ISE first. And you know what? Whatever! People are paying for it still and the crowd goes nuts... I'm accepting that a gnr show is not for hardcore gnr fans, so it's a case of go and get what you can from it or stay home. This year I can't see the show, so I don't have to worry about it😄 

I'd be more than satisfied if they shook up the intro of the set, cut out the RQ & KOHD extended jam, played 1/2 new songs and dug out 2/3 songs they haven't played regularly. Cut out black hole sun and all the other NITL era covers. Lean a little heavier on UYI. 

Edited by Tom2112

11 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Hell no, prerecorded vocals are a buzz kill. 

Not many are open to Melissa singing leads but more prominent backing vocals? Why not!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would love it if they brought back The Garden. It’s one of the few greats on UYI, imo. The only thing is, it doesn’t really translate well to live. Like at Saskatoon 93, it’s cool to hear it, but even with the hq audio it’s a bit iffy.

It would’ve worked better with the Tracy, Roberta etc backing singers doing the ayyyyyyy vocal bits probably. Anyone know if it was played during their time, 92 ?

in a way, Garden is the opposite of DTJ. Garden done in the studio is reall good, but live it’s a bit sketchy. DTJ is great live, some of Slash’s best guitar work like Argentina 92 n 93, but album DTJ is a bit flat, doesn’t express the epic experience of the live UYI performances..

Edited by Nice Boy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Your joking …… right? 🤣 Can’t be doing with pre-recorded vocals at all. Why wouldn’t you want to hear Melissa?

• Like 1

Add:-

Reckless Life would be awesome….if he can do SOYL then it’s definitely doable.

Move To The City - a song with a killer groove.

Dont Damn Me - an awesome tune that will never get played now as vocals would kill Axl. 🤣

Bad Apples - just because it’s a great jam.

Breakdown - a great song which deserves to be heard more.

Hair Of The Dog - vocally might not work anymore but would still like to hear it once.

Oh My God….as it rocks hard.

Riad - totally in the minority but I like this song and would love to hear it.

Also any number of new songs.

Keep:-

RQ has to stay simply because it’s my favourite GNR song and their best. That said….the extended jam needs cut back as it’s a buzz killer when it’s too long.

Drop:-

Better is just not doable anymore…it sounds OK when he hits the screaming bits but for the most part it sounds painful.

The Seeker is a song they sound OK on but I’m not really a fan of the song….play something off TSI instead.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

I would love it if they brought back The Garden. It’s one of the few greats on UYI, imo. The only thing is, it doesn’t really translate well to live. Like at Saskatoon 93, it’s cool to hear it, but even with the hq audio it’s a bit iffy.

It would’ve worked better with the Tracy, Roberta etc backing singers doing the ayyyyyyy vocal bits probably. Anyone know if it was played during their time, 92 ?

in a way, Garden is the opposite of DTJ. Garden done in the studio is reall good, but live it’s a bit sketchy. DTJ is great live, some of Slash’s best guitar work like Argentina 92 n 93, but album DTJ is a bit flat, doesn’t express the epic experience of the live UYI performances..

The Garden seems like an atmospheric song that's a good deep cut but doesn't necessarily fit the venues Guns N' Roses play. Plus it's a song that originally featured Alice Cooper vocals which is one of its draws. 

I'm baffled they haven't broken out Bad Obsession at least once. A lot easier for Axl vocally and it has that nice bluesy feel to it. It'd be a nice UYI song to break out and easier than Locomotive and Dead Horse were.

Studio Axl backing vocals on most CD songs performed has been the norm since at least 2009-2010. It is what it is. The studio Locomotive has 3 Axl's in the chorus and would sound terrible with one of any of Axl's current voices.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Your joking …… right? 🤣 Can’t be doing with pre-recorded vocals at all. Why wouldn’t you want to hear Melissa?

Believe it or not, I like to see GN’R concerts with Axl singing, not with some weirdo J-pop looking thing doing vocals.

What a strange thought right, wanting to hear Axl vocals on top of GN’R music… :blink::lol:

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Add songs that Axl sounds good on. Drop all the covers from NITL, shorten the Jungle beginning, the NR ending, the KOHD and RQ jams. Better needs to go, and we don’t need YCBM or RQ at every gig either. Rotate a few songs every show so that no one can predict the playlist exactly. Cut the concerts a bit shorter, preferring quality over quantity. Who needs 3 hours of jams and covers. Play new songs and rotate the gig opener at least occasionally. In short, make the stuff exciting again. NITL is over, we already know you’re back, don’t just stick with the greatest hits and safe playlists ffs. Don’t become a jerking-off travesty, ok? 

Yeah, they really should cut off all that bloat. Give Slash one big solo spot and be done with it. Nobody would complain if the show was 2 hours instead of 3+

• Like 2

12 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Believe it or not, I like to see GN’R concerts with Axl singing, not with some weirdo J-pop looking thing doing vocals.

What a strange thought right, wanting to hear Axl vocals on top of GN’R music… :blink::lol:

Agree to disagree I guess…Melissa is in the band and can sing backing vocals so why not use her? Gotta be more authentic than pre-recorded backing vocals!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Guapo said:

They really should add everything that sounds good vocally, like Bad Obsession, Pretty tied up...the less Mickey the better. Drop better. :D

It would really help them to release new music that fits Axl's current vocal range. Instead they're playing songs that span from the late 80's to early 2000's when Axl was in his 20's-30's. 

Would like it if they brought back the acoustic set like I saw in Milton Keynes back in 93 

Dead Horse

You Ain't the first

You're crazy

November rain half acoustic was epic

For the rest would love to get back 

Bad obsession 

Perfect crime 

Think about you

Be cool to see but wouldn't happen 

Don't damn me

Shotgun blues 

Ain't it fun