What songs should be brought back/dropped during the 2022 tour?

58 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

but he sings SOYL

Perfect Crime is quicker vocally and there aren’t many ‘breathing spots’ apart from the middle for the 1..2..3 bit.

Dont Damn Me is even worse….THAT would be a killer!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Agree to disagree I guess…Melissa is in the band and can sing backing vocals so why not use her? Gotta be more authentic than pre-recorded backing vocals!

Melissa can stick to her non existent keyboard sounds and jumping around like an idiot :D

Anyway, in seriousness, I agree with a lot of the songs suggested, particularly the ones that make use of Axl’s lower register. Surely that’s gotta be a better option than half the stuff he’s struggling vocally on currently in the set

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

but he sings SOYL

SOYL was one I never thought they'd play and they surprised us. Similar vein to PC and PC is only 2 mins, they had sound checked it a few times when NITL started. Axl still has the element to suprise us. Crazy to think he's now 60. Just grateful their all still alive and out there still. Make the most of it whilst we can. Whatever the setlist

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 7:52 AM, waxl1974 said:

SOYL was one I never thought they'd play and they surprised us. Similar vein to PC and PC is only 2 mins, they had sound checked it a few times when NITL started. Axl still has the element to suprise us. Crazy to think he's now 60. Just grateful their all still alive and out there still. Make the most of it whilst we can. Whatever the setlist

I don't think we should abbreviate Perfect Crime as "PC."  When I see "PC" on a GNR forum, the only thing that comes to mind is Paradise City.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Drop:

Rocket Queen (Over 12min)

Add:

Rocket Queen (6:00-7:00 min)

Such a good song ruined for no reason.

I agree. KOHD isn't too bad because of the audience participation and the fact that it's a cover.

RQ in original form is a great song. The jam in the middle ruins the flow and impact of the end of the song.

If Axl needs a vocal break throw in a jam or another Duff song before RQ.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Looks like Street Of Dreams is coming back...

unknown.png?width=840&height=473

Before everyone asks this was extracted from a creativeworks london collection that is password protected on vimeo, has a heap of different collections that were recently uploaded for the new tour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 7:29 AM, Gnrcane said:

I agree. KOHD isn't too bad because of the audience participation and the fact that it's a cover.

RQ in original form is a great song. The jam in the middle ruins the flow and impact of the end of the song.

If Axl needs a vocal break throw in a jam or another Duff song before RQ.

I like the jam in rocket queen, but I think GnR has good musicians and I like to watch them play.  

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If I had to guess they’re going to drop this song a half key or more. Not sure if modern Axl has the chops for this anymore.

regardless, if this is real, i hope richard continues to play the outro solo like he always has

• Like 4

So the alt set list is as follows:

Dead horse
My Michelle 
Out ta get me
Coma
Locomotive
Use to Lover her
Catcher in The rye
Sorry 
Madagascar 
Prostitute 
There was a time

Source: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeEdhqSpxSh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Not that it means much. They rarely dip into the alt songs. 

Edited by GnR Chris

Happy to see SoD returning (even if it ends up sounding like shit).

Other songs they should bring back: Think About You, You Ain’t the First, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, New Rose.

Songs they should drop: Estranged (too long), Coma (too long), You Could Be Mine (he can’t pull this off anymore), Rocket Queen (they drag it), Heaven’s Door (they drag it).

Edited by rocknroll41