No new music ?

If I’m not mistaken, Slash mentioned a couple times in interviews recently that he thought a couple of new songs would be released prior to the new tour dates starting . i’m guessing that’s not happening now .

More than likely the songs he spoke about were rehashed versions of Perhaps , State of grace or a cover version of another bands song .

Don’t want to turn this into another negativity thread for my favorite band but it’s a shame they can’t get their shit together and do things the other A leaguers do like Metallica or the Red Hot Chili Peppers . Record an album, promote the album, release it, tour it. 

Instead we get a greatest hits nostalgia tour that’s going on 7 years 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Muddy said:

If I’m not mistaken, Slash mentioned a couple times in interviews recently that he thought a couple of new songs would be released prior to the new tour dates starting . i’m guessing that’s not happening now .

More than likely the songs he spoke about were rehashed versions of Perhaps , State of grace or a cover version of another bands song .

Don’t want to turn this into another negativity thread for my favorite band but it’s a shame they can’t get their shit together and do things the other A leaguers do like Metallica or the Red Hot Chili Peppers . Record an album, promote the album, release it, tour it. 

jesus have patience they slash said when they go back in June they play a one-off show Saturday then there is a 2 week break before Europe why do you think nothing will be Realeased.

not the song before anyone comments

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

I'm guessing they'll drop the songs once the tour started and played them live before it came out on streaming platforms. They did that with HS and Absurd...

State of Grace will suck very hard in a live setting, I hope it's not that one. :D

2 hours ago, Muddy said:

Welcome to this forum and in GNR land...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

State Of Grace was never mentioned by Axl or any other band member and wasn't on the leaked 2008 CD 2 song list, so I don't think it's in contention.

Yeah that song always seemed like it was just a “sketch” anyways. Then again, so did Nothing, and I’m pretty sure that was mentioned later somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah that song always seemed like it was just a “sketch” anyways. Then again, so did Nothing, and I’m pretty sure that was mentioned later somewhere.

Nothing was on the CD2 list from 2008, as was Perhaps and Tonto.  Catcher was on that list too so I wonder if any song took its place at the time on CD1.

State Of Grace, Zodiac 13, Seven, Berlin, and Eye On You were not present on that list. At the time, a "third record" was considered so the tracks missing from that CD2 list may have been intended for CD1, CD3, or renamed. I can't remember if Quick Song was on that list. I don't have access to my vault laptop at the moment to check.  :)

He said they’d release something once the tour starts back up in June, we’re in mid May right now so a couple of more weeks is needed before you can say things akin to “I’m guessing that’s not happening” in my opinion. 

I have hopes for something getting released within the first weeks of June, but then this is GN’R so I’m not expecting anything.

One disadvantage to doing things the way they are is that they’re gonna have pressure to play all the singles as they’re released to promote them, where if they put out a whole record they they could pick out the songs Axl sounds best on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Muddy said:

it’s a shame they can’t get their shit together and do things the other A leaguers do like Metallica or the Red Hot Chili Peppers . Record an album, promote the album, release it, tour it. 

This band aren't A leauguers... That ship sailed decades ago.. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

The only thing this band could release that would get me really, really excited is a CD multi disc box set of all 1997-2014 songs with Bucket's parts being favored over Bumblefoot's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The most we can expect, realistically, is one song per tour leg (Europe, Latin America, Oceania) - so three re-recorded CD era songs in the next 6 months.

We'll have to see if/how the UYI box set will fit in that.

• Like 2