What Will The Next Single Be?

What will the next single be?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

The weirder part; his guitar additions actually work really well! 

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I almost enjoy it more than Hard Skool on the EP. It's just an unapologetic hell of a song. Plus Brain is on drums, and not Frank, as presumed is playing the shit drums on HS.

I hope those songs are mixed better if they end up on an album. 

• Like 2

I know I’m saying this into the wind, but man, I hope the next single is The General. I’m a sucker for GNR’s more epic tracks line NR, Estranged & TWAT…would love to see what Slash and Axl sound like to together on something progressive and in line with those.

Edited by sofine11

On 5/26/2022 at 9:34 AM, sofine11 said:

I know I’m saying this into the wind, but man, I hope the next single is The General. I’m a sucker for GNR’s more epic tracks line NR, Estranged & TWAT…would love to see what Slash and Axl sound like to together on something progressive and in line with those.

I really like what (I presume) Robin did in what we heard of that song from the 2010 party. I'm hopeful Slash's take is equal, if not better. I wonder how much creative control Slash would have on other songs if they were already orchestrated two decades prior. (Soul Monster, Thyme, Seven, and The General)

Nothing would make a great single. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I really like what (I presume) Robin did in what we heard of that song from the 2010 party. I'm hopeful Slash's take is equal, if not better. I wonder how much creative control Slash would have on other songs if they were already orchestrated two decades prior. (Soul Monster, Thyme, Seven, and The General)

Nothing would make a great single. :P

No idea if he’s even recorded on The General, but if he did, he was seemingly given free reign over what he did in Hard Skool & Absurd guitar-wise, so I would imagine the same would go for that and anything else he’s recorded on.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 3:47 PM, kanecrescente said:

OMFn'GNfn'Rs

It’s very possible even likely since Axl can’t let go of old songs. As was the case with Shadow, which dates to the Hollywood Rose days. It’s crazy to think that they would rererelease that song especially since it’s been around for over three decades. 

I believe they will release the songs that were on the alt set-lists. This will be combined with the most obvious and complete tracks from the leaks. We have Shadow, we have a reworked Silkworms (Absurd), and a updated HSK. It makes sense that OMG will be next in connection with probably Atlas.

I believe Oh my god may be completely reworked and reshuffled though not to the same degree as Silkworms.  I also believe they will do something cringeworthy with the title like Oh My Gawd or simply reversing the letter G. Atlas will remain mostly unscathed with Slash and Duff replacing guitar and bass parts. I believe none of the vocals will be updated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

I believe Oh my god may be completely reworked and reshuffled though not to the same degree as Silkworms.

If they release OMG (I really hope they don't) it probably won't be much different from what we've heard.

Silkworms was reworked 15+ years before it was released as Absurd - it's essentially the same as the Bumblefoot demo. OMG will probably sound like the Bumblefoot demo too, I doubt it's changed much over the last 15-20 years... especially since they're using old vocals and drums.

The one that will be interesting is Atlas, it was probably extended at some point (like TWAT, SOD, CD) and hopefully the transitions are smoother.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they release OMG (I really hope they don't) it probably won't be much different from what we've heard.

Silkworms was reworked 15+ years before it was released as Absurd - it's essentially the same as the Bumblefoot demo. OMG will probably sound like the Bumblefoot demo too, I doubt it's changed much over the last 15-20 years... especially since they're using old vocals and drums.

The one that will be interesting is Atlas, it was probably extended at some point (like TWAT, SOD, CD) and hopefully the transitions are smoother.

I agree about Atlas. I reckon it was extended in vein with the CD style production and song structures, then shortened again with Slash and Duff. 

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I really hope we don’t hear OMG. It was technically already released. Just let it be. The song is fine but not good enough to warrant two releases with two lineups.

agreed, the song was already released. It's not like we're getting enough "new" music from Axl's Gn'R that we should prefer an already released track to be included on the full thing compared to a bunch of new tracks with vocals. Having said that, I think Oh My God is a great song.

26 minutes ago, Rovim said:

agreed, the song was already released. It's not like we're getting enough "new" music from Axl's Gn'R that we should prefer an already released track to be included on the full thing compared to a bunch of new tracks with vocals. Having said that, I think Oh My God is a great song.

It has nothing to do with getting what we want. It has everything to do with getting what we don’t want. It’s painfully obvious we aren’t getting what we all want (brand spanking new music). It’s also obvious that Axl has every intention of filling that “new music” void with as much filler as possible before anything we may have never heard sees the light, if ever. 

13 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

It has nothing to do with getting what we want. It has everything to do with getting what we don’t want. It’s painfully obvious we aren’t getting what we all want (brand spanking new music). It’s also obvious that Axl has every intention of filling that “new music” void with as much filler as possible before anything we may have never heard sees the light, if ever. 

Oh My God is a great song

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Oh My God feels like as much of a certainty as Atlas; it's a song that's been tinkered with through the CD sessions, and I could see it being released similar to how Shadow of Your Love was released.

I enjoy the song, and am curious how it's been reworked.