What Will The Next Single Be?

What will the next single be?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

In support of a CD box set, hell yea, that's a great idea.

Presented as a new single in place of something unheard/unreleased? Terrible idea.

That's why I'd do it as a split single with Atlas.  There being a BBF era demo tells me Axl planned on releasing it at some point, and if songs are being released chronologically, OMG's going to happen sooner rather than later.

It could get some good radio play as well.

4 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Think they’ll kick off the tour with a new track this week?

yeah right

2 hours ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

Eddie Trunk just confirmed that the first single will be Eye On You!

Axl = Mac Daddy

what i said above

Edited by kingcanyon

40 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

yeah right

what i said above

Honestly, shame on me for thinking anyone is left around here who can articulate a thought that takes more brain cells than “yeah right”…

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Honestly, shame on me for thinking anyone is left around here who can articulate a thought that takes more brain cells than “yeah right”…

it's first show of the tour i don't expect anything new until at least the second show

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:42 AM, vloors said:

Their last two singles sounded outdated and didn't take off for the majority of the public. Basically flops. Gnrs throwing left over shit up against the wall isn't going to give you a Rembrandt any time soon. 

There's no reason why new GN'R material couldn't reach the same popularity levels as the Chili Peppers' new stuff. It just goes to show how their laziness hurts their own brand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There's no reason why new GN'R material couldn't reach the same popularity levels as the Chili Peppers' new stuff. It just goes to show how their laziness hurts their own brand.

If they promoted it like RHCP with press campaigns and videos and live performances on every major show then yes there is potential, but GNR are NOT going to do any of that. There's also an issue of the type of material GNR are intending to release. Do the majority of GNR fans out there want to here the more out there heavy/progressive side of GNR (Atlas etc)? Nope. Most people want GNR to release a song that sounds like 1987-1991 with 2022 production. Not all fans but the majority. IF it was to be successful it would need to have some point of reference sonically between then and now. Like the Chilis song sounds like a Californication/Stadium arcadium song that didn't make the cut, but it is familiar so people gravitate towards it. 

IF there's new singles this year they will be released exactly the same way the other songs were and we might get an animated lyric video a year or so after the initial release. I don't think they give a fuck about getting the most ears on new music, it just seems like "It's here if you want it... if not we'll go on our way". To me it's the laziest release method... but fuck it, if they don't care we probably shouldn't either.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Most people want GNR to release a song that sounds like 1987-1991 with 2022 production. Not all fans but the majority. IF it was to be successful it would need to have some point of reference sonically between then and now. Like the Chilis song sounds like a Californication/Stadium arcadium song that didn't make the cut, but it is familiar so people gravitate towards it.

I think this is largely why SOYL got so much more radio play than Hard Skool. HS had potential but the single sounds disjointed - an obvious side effect of using vocals from 1999, drums from sometime in the 2000s, and guitars from 2021. If they remaster Ain't Goin' Down in a similar way to SOYL, it will probably get some decent airplay too.

I still hear Black Summer regularly, but RHCP are a league above GNR as far as 'relevant legendary bands' go...

• Like 3

On 5/29/2022 at 5:54 PM, Gackt said:

That's why I'd do it as a split single with Atlas.  There being a BBF era demo tells me Axl planned on releasing it at some point, and if songs are being released chronologically, OMG's going to happen sooner rather than later.

It could get some good radio play as well.

Any new singles will almost definitely be from those 26-32 songs that were "nearly done" in early 2006. So we'll probably get to hear The General and Soul Monster but unfortunately we'll also get OMG.

OMG would be ok as a b-side if Axl insists on releasing it, but knowing this band they'll pretend it's a brand new single...

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This post will probably be triggering to a few folks on the forum who can't wrap their heads around fans stating facts, but here goes anyway:

Personally, I'm way past the point of caring what the next single is. GN'R refuse to properly promote anything. So the general public will have little to no interest, just like what happened with the last two singles. The streaming numbers for the last two were hilariously low when compared with new singles from any other artist, including GN'Rs own peers. So it's not like the next ones floated out there will work some sort of magic with the same terrible promotion. 

As far as being a fan and wanting to hear the music at all: we all already have. That's another thing the last two singles proved: the production on the versions we already have is superior to what they end up officially releasing. 

I've said it before, but I'm so glad we got to hear the early version of Atlas with Brian's solo still intact. I'll listen to Atlas whenever it's released as a single, but I have no excitement for it. 

The sad truth is that Axl waited so long to do anything with these songs that they're now basically worthless, even with Slash on them.

• Like 3

I can’t wait to count how many posts those who claim they’re beyond caring about the next single will make in the threads that will be discussing, ya know, the next single. 😆

I’m as jaded as anyone, but even I’m not going to pretend to have a “brave face” and not going to be excited if/when it does materialize.

If you’re even a half-way regular poster in a GNR forum in 2022, your ass is going to be all over it and you know it. All the lol emojis and dismissive posts in the world can’t hide that. 

Edited by sofine11

On 5/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I think this is largely why SOYL got so much more radio play than Hard Skool. HS had potential but the single sounds disjointed - an obvious side effect of using vocals from 1999, drums from sometime in the 2000s, and guitars from 2021.

As much as I wish the drums from Hard Skool was a Brain or Josh take, I believe it is Frank.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That's another thing the last two singles proved: the production on the versions we already have is superior to what they end up officially releasing. 

Say it louder for the people in the back!

As if it's not bad enough having Slash and Frank shit over CD era material, we don't even get a nice mix of it. 

I'd love to be wrong, assuming an album drops eventually.

The new singles are fun, but they are lacking that magic the village versions had, probably because those mixes were closer to a time of when the band was on to something fun, instead of patching together a bunch of stuff from a bowl of bits spanning two decades. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Its Tino said:

The pattern seems to be releasing the oldest finished material. To me it’s most certainly going to be Atlas. With a new title IMO

Im not sure we can establish a 'pattern' based on two songs in 13 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I can’t wait to count how many posts those who claim they’re beyond caring about the next single will make in the threads that will be discussing, ya know, the next single. 😆

I’m as jaded as anyone, but even I’m not going to pretend to have a “brave face” and not going to be excited if/when it does materialize.

If you’re even a half-way regular poster in a GNR forum in 2022, your ass is going to be all over it and you know it. All the lol emojis and dismissive posts in the world can’t hide that. 

If by "all over it" you mean "stream it a few times at the absolute most" then yes, I'll be all over it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1