GNR Survivor: Tours - Round 7

kingcanyon

7.Next tour to be Eliminated?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. 1.Vote our the worst tours first

• The Early Days of Guns N' Roses/Hell tour (85-87)
    • AFD (87-88)
    • Use Your Illusion World Tour (91-93)
    • Skin And Bones Tour (93)
    • Not in This Lifetime... Tour (16-19)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2022 at 07:00 PM

CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR (06/07) IS OUT!

which tour should go next?

Round 1 Appetite for Democracy

Round 2 Up Close and Personal

Round 3 Chinese Democracy Tour (09-2011)

Round 4 We're F'N Back! (2021)

Round 5 Chinese Democracy Tour (01/02)

Round 6 Chinese Democracy Tour (06/07)

Round 7 ???

Round 8 ???

Round 9 ???

Round 10 ???

Round 11 ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one Tour remains

C'mon people you can't vote out the tour we've waited to happen for decades!! Especially the first 2 years of the tour were amazing!! Never forget the excitement that we all had, staying up laaaate for those in Europe to catch a periscope stream for their shows in Vegas 016!! Hell many of us were not even there during their early days! But the NITL your is something we can actually relate to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

C'mon people you can't vote out the tour we've waited to happen for decades!! Especially the first 2 years of the tour were amazing!! Never forget the excitement that we all had, staying up laaaate for those in Europe to catch a periscope stream for their shows in Vegas 016!! Hell many of us were not even there during their early days! But the NITL your is something we can actually relate to.

But how could you vote anything from the golden era instead? It's a hardball. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ssiscool said:

NITL. It doesn't have the spark of the original era. Yes, it has great moments but it's lacking something. 

I'm interested to know what makes the early days/hell tour unpopular 

I guess it has something to do with personal experience. I saw 15 NITL shows, but none of the early era shows. So i am deeper connected to the shows i saw than to the shows 85-87

I really enjoyed the five NITL shows I attended in 2016 and 2017.   It was a great tour.

But it still gets my vote this round.  I'd rather see any of the other tours over NITL. 

The first two tours were GNR at its hungriest; trying to prove itself.

The UYI tours were some of the biggest and crazies shows in rock n' roll history. GNR was at its musical and cultural zenith.  

The NITL were fun and it was, for a lack of a better description, cathartic and joyous, to revel in the nostalgia that is and was Guns N' Roses, both as a band and its music. Not to mention fantastic setlists that we could have only dreamed about during the CD era (Civil War, Don't Cry, Estranged, Coma, Slash and Duff putting their own spins on CD material).

This isn't a knock on the 2016-2017 tour.   But for me at least, it just didn't have the same energy as the classic days of GNR.  They're old(er) men making insane bank off a fanbase that just wanted to see Axl and Slash (and I guess Duff) share a stage, and willing to pay insane ticket prices to see and hear it.  It was a yearning for nostalgia, not a desire for something new, that drove tickets and propelled the tour into a hard to defend extended timeline.  And while Axl sounded fantastic on a handful of songs, he still didn't come close to sounding as great as he did in 2009-2010 or the classic lineup era.  And as someone who became a fan partly because of the contributions by Izzy, the tour felt a bit bittersweet knowing that Izzy was at home because the main three couldn't or wouldn't pay him enough to include him in what could have been a true reunion tour.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, jamillos said:

But how could you vote anything from the golden era instead? It's a hardball. 

I know man, but there's much from the golden era and the early years are like an uncut diamond don't get me wrong. But the actual reunion of the guys was something we thought would never happen and for me personally born in the 90's and a lot of others with me that were never able to see them , has been very very meaningful to witness