What are your biggest unknowns in gnr world?

Mine are: what are Izzy and Steven’s personal relationships with axl, slash, and duff. 

When I first heard Steven did a song on the nitl tour, I had no doubt the original 5 doing some songs was just around the corner, fast forward 5-6 years later and it seems as far away as ever. 

What's in the vault and will we ever get to hear stuff from it, both UYI and CD era (maybe even especially CD era, because this time still seems so mysterious)?

Will we ever get to read Axls biography and will it be as in-depth as everybody hopes for?

How's Izzys daily life nowdays?

22 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

On clear nights when we're looking up at the stars, is Paul Tobias some place looking up at them too?

What in the fuck does "Don't need no bracelets clamped in front of my back" mean?

I always interpreted as having one's hands handcuffed behind one's back.

• Like 4

Why didn’t their record label make music videos the promote the singles: Nightrain, Ain’t It Fun and Sympathy For The Devil?

Why wasn’t there a GN’R song (Original or Cover) used as the B-side on their Sympathy For The Devil single?

Why didn’t they play Locomotive live at Paris in 1992? I know Jeff Beck wasn’t well on the night! But it would have been great for the band to have played it anyway and for the fans to have a soundboard quality version of it! 

How come there was never an audio bootleg of the 3rd Marquee show in the public domain until Alan Nivens copy got ‘released’? The other 2 shows were bootleged for years.

Just some of my GN’R unknowns 🤔

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

My god. The popup museum, of course! That girl wasn't just pissing at the urinal - she was pointing at it, showing us the way to dig!

By Jove you are right! How did axl miss this? The ancient aliens want him to discover the artifact before the moon Nazis get their hands on it!

On 6/4/2022 at 6:03 PM, 31illusions said:

How can you fire Steven for using drugs when they ALL were using drugs?

How come Axl sung so well with AC/DC but can't carry a tune with GN'R?

For a band that had one album in 29 years, how are they still successful?

Just goes to show how many good songs are on those first four albums. 

On 6/4/2022 at 4:03 PM, 31illusions said:

How can you fire Steven for using drugs when they ALL were using drugs?

How come Axl sung so well with AC/DC but can't carry a tune with GN'R?

For a band that had one album in 29 years, how are they still successful?

Steven was the most far gone. They were all using but the rest of the band could keep their shit together.

Axl wasted his voice on AC/DC. He sounded incredible, and proved a lot of people wrong, but his voice has constantly been declining since then. Singing songs like Hell's Bells and For Those About To Rock every night took a toll, and then the NITL tour went too long.

The early stuff was incredible and CD-era Axl still had a mystique, now they're a legendary brand. But the last tour was heavily papered and the singles didn't do very well...

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 12:00 PM, Brendan said:

Why didn’t their record label make music videos the promote the singles: Nightrain, Ain’t It Fun and Sympathy For The Devil?

Why wasn’t there a GN’R song (Original or Cover) used as the B-side on their Sympathy For The Devil single?

Why didn’t they play Locomotive live at Paris in 1992? I know Jeff Beck wasn’t well on the night! But it would have been great for the band to have played it anyway and for the fans to have a soundboard quality version of it! 

How come there was never an audio bootleg of the 3rd Marquee show in the public domain until Alan Nivens copy got ‘released’? The other 2 shows were bootleged for years.

Just some of my GN’R unknowns 🤔

I feel like the Sympathy question is easy to answer. I forget the specifics but they might have been asked to record a cover version for Interview With The Vampire while the original was a placeholder.

I believe recording was done separately for all the band members and Axl and Slash barely had a working relationship at that point. Them just recording SFTD seems like a minor miracle let alone any other songs.