GNR Survivor: Drummers- Round 1

kingcanyon

1. who is the worst drummer of the band to date  

83 members have voted

1. 1. 1.Vote our the worst Drummers first

• Rob Gardner (1985)
    • Steven Adler (1985-1990)
    • Fred Coury (87-88) (Coury substituted for Steven Adler between late 1987 and early 1988 after the drummer injured his hand during a fight)
    • Don Henley (89) ( Henley replaced Steven Adler for the 1989 American Music Awards after the drummer was admitted to a rehab clinic)
    • Matt Sorum (1990-1997)
    • Josh Freese (1997-2000)
    • Brain (2000-2006)
    • Frank Ferrer (2006-Present)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2022 at 07:00 PM

New Survivor

Round 1 ???

Round 2 ???

Round 3 ???

Round 4 ???

Round 5 ???

Round 6 ???

Round 7 ???

Round 8 ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one Tour remains

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How the hell does Frank have more votes than Don Henley, Fred Coury and Rob Gardner? I'm not a Frank fan but that's some bullshit. I voted for Don Henley.

Don Henley's only Patience attempt was better than any Patience Frank ever did. Frank has a negative effect on the GNR sound which I've never noticed when the other guys sitting on the drums.

I don’t get the big dislike for Ferrer. I’ve got a feeling most of it is based on trivial things like thinking he hasn’t got the right look for GnR or something. Apart from the odd extra fill he does in some songs I don’t think the average fan could tell the difference between him and other drummers, on a straight drum track. If he was that bad the others wouldn’t work with him. He’s not my favourite obviously but I don’t mind him in the role. Evidently he’s regarded as more reliable than Adler and not confrontational like Sorum so as far as Axl’s concerned he gets the job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Or coury. 

I actually like the inclusion of Fred Coury since he filled in for multiple shows. But he should've been the first one to get eliminated.

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Don Henley's only Patience attempt was better than any Patience Frank ever did. Frank has a negative effect on the GNR sound which I've never noticed when the other guys sitting on the drums.

Henley played through the whole song instead of just the 2nd half which makes it sound weird. Frank sounds fine playing Patience.

20 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

I don’t get the big dislike for Ferrer. I’ve got a feeling most of it is based on trivial things like thinking he hasn’t got the right look for GnR or something. Apart from the odd extra fill he does in some songs I don’t think the average fan could tell the difference between him and other drummers, on a straight drum track. If he was that bad the others wouldn’t work with him. He’s not my favourite obviously but I don’t mind him in the role. Evidently he’s regarded as more reliable than Adler and not confrontational like Sorum so as far as Axl’s concerned he gets the job.

Agreed. I never have, and never will understand the level of hate Frank gets. I happen to like him.

Plus, you don't remain in a major band for 16 years (six short of all of the other official drummers combined) if you're that bad. You just don't.