Why the lack of pyro?

On 6/8/2022 at 1:25 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Agree 100%.. They seem a lot looser and sound better without the Pyro.. And click track if that is the case.. Never cared for the Pyro anyway.

I agree on the who pyro thing, I personally find it kind of tacky.

If Kiss does it, that's one thing, it's their schtick. But when bands that aren't famous for their stage shows does it, like GN'R for example, then it's just tacky.

Edited by Swedish
  • Like 2

On 6/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, SoulMonster said:

Straight from the horse's mouth: Because pyro isn't allowed in all countries on the tour so they dropped it altogether.

I thought it might be that. We have less and less fireworks because mostly animal activists protest against it. It seemed every new year a horse died from shock and multiple dogs ran off in panic. And that's only talking about pets or domesticated animals. Private fireworks are almost banned everywhere now and there's less and less 'official' fireworks too.

As a fan of fireworks, I do regret it, even if I get why they ban it. But I don't really need it on a GNR show.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lio said:

I thought it might be that. We have less and less fireworks because mostly animal activists protest against it. It seemed every new year a horse died from shock and multiple dogs ran off in panic. And that's only talking about pets or domesticated animals. Private fireworks are almost banned everywhere now and there's less and less 'official' fireworks too.

As a fan of fireworks, I do regret it, even if I get why they ban it. But I don't really need it on a GNR show.

It is a problem to people that suffern of autism too.

On 6/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, Kearnsy said:

Wonder how Rammstein get away with it

As a long time fan and follower of Rammstein, I can say it's because their stage identity is very much intertwined with pyro and fireworks that it would look ridiculous and karaoke without them.

Edited by ©GnrPersia

On 6/7/2022 at 10:40 AM, mikeman5150 said:

I heard that during 2021 many bands pyro technicians bailed for greener pastures because of the time off during covid. I think lack of workers is also why RHCP postponed their tour last year. Many of these guys had to leave their professions in order to put food on the table. It makes sense to me, as well as what someone said earlier about minimizing the crew. I don’t buy that it’s for saving money. I mean even when Axl was touring with new GNR, they still had pyro where it was allowed and confetti during paradise city. 

RHCP didn’t postpone a tour from last year.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:58 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They also seemed to have cut down on their stage. It's smaller than previous tours. 

I'm seeing GNR on Tuesday so I'm brushing up on the current tour.

That stage is seriously unimpressive. Easily the worst stadium act stage on the road at the moment.

Lights etc, all pretty weak. Looks like a budget stadium tour 

Edited by axl_on_drums

2 hours ago, axl_on_drums said:

I'm seeing GNR on Tuesday so I'm brushing up on the current tour.

That stage is seriously unimpressive. Easily the worst stadium act stage on the road at the moment.

Lights etc, all pretty weak. Looks like a budget stadium tour 

Did you ever think the issue might be logistics and the cost of transport that has affected every major country in the world including supply chain shortages as building materials and food. Guns N Roses cannot control what is currently happening in the world so maybe the band and tour promoters were smart enough to factor this in via touring on a smaller scale to allow for easy transportation around the world to ensure staging and gear actually arrives at its destination on time. 

Maybe you should speak with builders or construction companies waiting for months to receive building materials because of a world wide issue in relation to, supply, shipping and transportation (by air or road). 

Also factor in bands keeping their touring bubbles small to limit the impact of the spread of COVID-19 amongst the band and crew more so via mixing with local crew members brought in from outside the bands normal touring party as stage riggers, to technical, as sound and lighting engineers etc. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2022 at 7:53 AM, jonah said:

Motley Crüe didn’t use pyro either which is unfortunate cause that was the only good part of their show. Must be cost cutting

Yeah, I heard to cut down on hard labor for their tours Vince Neil also removed 50 percent of the lyrics and decipherable diction from the show as well

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Did you ever think the issue might be logistics and the cost of transport that has affected every major country in the world including supply chain shortages as building materials and food. Guns N Roses cannot control what is currently happening in the world so maybe the band and tour promoters were smart enough to factor this in via touring on a smaller scale to allow for easy transportation around the world to ensure staging and gear actually arrives at its destination on time. 

Maybe you should speak with builders or construction companies waiting for months to receive building materials because of a world wide issue in relation to, supply, shipping and transportation (by air or road). 

Also factor in bands keeping their touring bubbles small to limit the impact of the spread of COVID-19 amongst the band and crew more so via mixing with local crew members brought in from outside the bands normal touring party as stage riggers, to technical, as sound and lighting engineers etc. 

You're absolutely right, it could be all those issues, if GNR want to keep the bubble small that is completely understandable and pretty smart 

That said I'm seeing the Hella Mega Tour the day before GNR and none of that has impacted them 

On 6/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, GoBucky said:

Exactly...that click track video was extremely embarrassing.

It's cool that at least one genre of music (rock) still refuses to tolerate that happy horse shit. In pop, for instance, nobody even cares anymore. It's like, yeah, I paid a thousand dollars to see so-and-so lip sync... but so what? It's still fun!

It's one of those moments where you just shake your head, sigh, and then casually walk backwards through the hedges like Homer Simpson.

Edited by Nintari

On 6/7/2022 at 3:44 AM, jacdaniel said:

Obviously so it's easier for them to change up the set list. They love doing that :lol:

They surely used to back in the day.

But judging from the recent setlists I've seen, they are getting back to the old practice. They've been omitting certain songs here and there and varying up the order.

Great to see!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

They surely used to back in the day.

But judging from the recent setlists I've seen, they are getting back to the old practice. They've been omitting certain songs here and there and varying up the order.

Great to see!

All that is needed is... new songs and different songs!  Then that will be a great place for GNR

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 5:19 AM, kiwiguns said:

You know Kiss are touring Europe (and the world) right now? 

These issues don't seem to have impacted on their absolutely massive production......

Nor on Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Green Day, etc etc. 

It's about money. Pure and simple. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

You know Kiss are touring Europe (and the world) right now? 

These issues don't seem to have impacted on their absolutely massive production......

Nor on Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Green Day, etc etc. 

It's about money. Pure and simple. 

Rammstein (btw, the best stadium show you can see. if you have the chance, do yourself the favour and go)

image.png.d6ef6abc0dd8f65e6b34deabfa4b590a.png

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Rammstein (btw, the best stadium show you can see. if you have the chance, do yourself the favour and go)

image.png.d6ef6abc0dd8f65e6b34deabfa4b590a.png

As a person who is really concerned about climate change and the future of Earth, that looks seriously disturbing and wrong.

As a rock/art/performance/music fan, that looks fucking amazing.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1