5 Bands We Should've Heard More From

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

New video up on my channel talking about 5 Bands We Should've Heard More From. I discuss GN'R around the 5 minute mark. Any views and likes appreciated :)

That was a good list.  Not sure Blind Melon was that good a band though (weren't my jam at least).  I woulda added the Damn Yankees to the list.  Allegedly a 2nd album (unreleased) does exist.  GnR- 100% the most obvious.  I don't even consider CD a Guns n Roses album.  Rather it's an Axl solo deal under the GnR banner.  So we really don't have anything new from GnR since the Illusions (Spaghetti I suppose technically is).   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Original said:

That was a good list.  Not sure Blind Melon was that good a band though (weren't my jam at least).  I woulda added the Damn Yankees to the list.  Allegedly a 2nd album (unreleased) does exist.  

I saw Blind Melon once in concert prior to Shannon passing away and it totally changed my tune on them. But I do see how they wouldn't make the list for many others. 

Damn Yankees is a good call out, bit didn't they release two albums at least? Their Self Titled Debut and the follow up called Don't Tread? 

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I saw Blind Melon once in concert prior to Shannon passing away and it totally changed my tune on them. But I do see how they wouldn't make the list for many others. 

Damn Yankees is a good call out, bit didn't they release two albums at least? Their Self Titled Debut and the follow up called Don't Tread? 

Good point - seeing a band live is a different game vs album only.  Yankees- maybe they do have 2.  None the less pretty sure they do have (allegedly) some other unreleased album.  Who knows….

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

Interesting thread! I gotta put Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave up there for me. Definitely the first couple that came to my head immediately.

I wrote it under the video: Soundgarden for me. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Blind Melon is a really solid band!  Such a shame about Shannon, I know the band is still going but with a different singer it just feels off to me, like beyond them playing the old hits live it just is any other club band y'know?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

I love REM but I’m not sure I agree. They had a bunch of albums and the public didn’t seem to be craving more by the end.

Agree 100% - Their catalog is pretty huge... granted more would have always been welcome as they were (in my opinion) one of the greatest bands in rock/pop history both in quality and quantity.

• Like 1