kingcanyon

6. next worst drummer of the band to date  

67 members have voted

1. 1. 1.Vote out the worst Drummers first

• Steven Adler (1985-1990)
    • Matt Sorum (1990-1997)
    • Brain (2000-2006)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/2022 at 07:00 PM

Josh Freese is out

who goes next?

Round 1 Frank Ferrer

Round 2 Rob Gardner

Round 3 Don Henley

Round 4 Fred Coury

Round 5 Josh Freese

Round 6 ???

Round 7 ???

Round 8 ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one Drummer remains

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Rob gardener, Fred Coury, and Don Henley are better than Frank in GnR?? Give me a fucking break. You are crazy.

Don Henley is a great drummer for what he does solo and the eagles, the other guys are probably good too but they played with gnr either once (Henley) or a handful of times (the other guys). You can't legitimately think Frank is worse, otherwise your judgement is seriously impaired. Adler, Sorum, Brain, Freese, Ferrer, is the order most people would go. Although I actually prefer Frank over Freese... technically Freese is the better player... But we never really got to hear him play the material live.

Frank gets shit on here, and in truth his playing on nitl was not to my liking... But it has improved since and I also liked his playing from 2006-2014 so I can't see how he's hated so much. My only explanation is that, you all want a session musician in that spot that plays the songs beat for beat and puts zero of their own influence into the music... That's fine, but it has nothing to do with the spirit and vibe of gnr whether we're talking the afd days or uyi days. He plays in time and sounds good, end of story. I do hate how his drums are tuned and eq'd though

I agree it's ridiculous that Frank was voted out before Henley, Gardner and Coury - that's just hating on Frank for no valid reason.

But his style is genuinely worse than the other 'real' drummers. He doesn't have the groove of Brain or Steven and he's not as tight as Sorum or Freese, and his drum sound is worse than any of them.

Steven > Brain > Josh > Matt > Frank

20 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I agree it's ridiculous that Frank was voted out before Henley, Gardner and Coury - that's just hating on Frank for no valid reason.

But his style is genuinely worse than the other 'real' drummers. He doesn't have the groove of Brain or Steven and he's not as tight as Sorum or Freese, and his drum sound is worse than any of them.

Steven > Brain > Josh > Matt > Frank

I view Steven as being perceived as the best drummer, from a technical standpoint, a joke. Of course his playing and feel may fit with the band's sound better, but Steve is far from the "best" player technically. 

32 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I view Steven as being perceived as the best drummer, from a technical standpoint, a joke. Of course his playing and feel may fit with the band's sound better, but Steve is far from the "best" player technically. 

Yea, Steven obviously isn't the best technical drummer, but he's the best GNR drummer. Matt was better from a technical standpoint but the band became more robotic and 'metal' after Steven left. Brain was the best of both worlds and tbh he kinda deserves the #1 spot, but the drums on AFD fit the band perfectly.

Edited by Gordon Comstock