What is your favourite thing about Axl?

Just listening to that song Absurd I realised how much ANGER can reside in Axl's songwriting; ABSURD was first a shock but I have grown to absolutely love it! The anger, the ranting, the fact that here we have Axl just doin' whatever the FUCK he wants musically, and sharing it with us. After watching so many videos and listening to so many songs I have come to realise it all; all that Axl is pretty much an immature school boy angry at the world for his past life failures instead of taking the responsibility in his own hands, so now he is spreading his anger with the world, bringing it to us all who relate with him, this immature school boy culture! :hahafyou: And we are all loving it and using it to shake out our angers from the past. 

Edited by Screamin' Demon
  • Haha 1

I don't know if you could say it's my favorite thing about him, but I've been always able to relate to him, because he seems to be both an asshole and a nice guy, depending on the day. Unlike most rock stars who try to project a premeditated image, Axl has always seemed to be honest about who he is. 

I also like that he doesn't whore himself on social media. Or on any other media, for that matter.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

I don't know if you could say it's my favorite thing about him, but I've been always able to relate to him, because he seems to be both an asshole and a nice guy, depending on the day. Unlike most rock stars who try to project a premeditated image, Axl has always seemed to be honest about who he is. 

I also like that he doesn't whore himself on social media. Or on any other media, for that matter.

He has always seemed the closest to what we have had to a genuine, decent Rockstar & not a media whoring Attention Addict Axl. His music too has never just been in one single spot but he has always looked to evolve it, try new things, go new directions;  everything a narrowminded Rockstar would never do. He really does like a truly openminded thinking individual who is always inspired by new horizons. I would think too that his songs truly to mean something for him & not just a cashflow so he can promote the anger in his fans with aggressive music. Maybe even Slash has finally realised that Axl truly is of multiple horizons & most definitely is worthwhile working with & if possible even creating new material at some point. But Axl truly is an honest Rockstar & you have that 100% right! rock3

• Like 2

The fact that he is who he is and just doesn't give a fuck. He's settled down now and seems pretty happy. But a lot of his appeal is he used to be like a molotov cocktail waiting to go off. He was and still is an incredible front man.

And of course I love that he made up with Slash finally and we can enjoy Axl, Dizzy, Slash and Duff playing together again.

• Like 1

Beside the singing: He's real. Genuine. True. No bullshit. No money/attention whoring for fortune and fame. Doesn't roll over on command. One of the last true rock stars. Stubborn bastard, too. And there was a time when he ruled the music world. That doesn't just disappear. 
When you do something truly and with passion and go public with it, it resonates with people on a level no money can buy. 
Plus he’s a funny guy. E.g. I remember he concluded one of the 2009 shows with the words "From the bottom of our hearts and from the heart of our bottoms, good night."

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4

Axl will always be Axl, he doesn't put on a persona or an act and he doesn't give a fuck if you like it or not. He will say and do whatever he wants to, not what people want him to. Sure it can be infuriating for us, wanting new music and whatever, but I strive to give less fucks and be pushed around by people less, too. And he's funny and sweet, too! 

• Like 1

He has always been 💯 himself,  never afraid to tell someone to fuck off. As a people pleaser who has extreme anxiety about saying no to people, I've always been inspired, and felt a little jealous of his ability to do his own thing unapologetically. He is who he is, take it or leave it. That's very rare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I appreciate his growth as a person. He’s a good example of why we shouldn’t condemn someone for their past. He had a rough childhood that shaped his view on the world and led to him making some unfortunate comments or actions at a young age in the spotlight. He recognized where he wronged some people, basically went to rolling stone and said “I’m a fu*ked up person, here’s the transparency behind that”. He sought professional help from therapist, and others (meditation, spiritual journeys). Sadly, he probably considered suicide multiple times but instead continued his life’s journey and seems to have become a better person every step of the way. Fiercely loyal, didn’t have a family of his own but came into his own with Team Brazil. The guy has lived in the same house for 30+ years. We respect that all his anger and imperfections fueled some of the greatest performances and songs that we hold dear. I think he’s a great example of continuing to fight no matter how hard life has you down. That’s what I’ll always admire about him. Glad we’ve gotten a chance to see a small part of his journey. 

That's exactly what I thought! I believe that many of us here have had fucked up and deranged lives in our youths and our growing up. I've dealt with a dangerously malignant Narcissistic mother since my days of youth to my early 20s & it truly has scarred me with all the beating, verbal abuse, screaming (No wonder I've learned to scream even higher than Axl with a clean rasp, hence my screen name), and if that ain't bad enough, then put gaslighting into it for anything and everything, having one pretend that they never hurt you, lying to your face as if you don't know the truth, trying to permanently disorder your reality; when you're young and just went through all that shit, of course you'll be angry as fuck! You feel lost, with no identity, you feel like you've missed many inoperable moments and you just wanna get all that anger, misery, shame and all else out, so you join the rock community. It takes years to really get out out, but being 36 I've realised that you do eventually get over it all and just wanna live a peaceful serene life once again. Everything through that time changes about you and you change your tastes, your lifestyles, your inner person, you find various forms of self development programs and finally come at peace with yourself. This is what Axl must've gone through too; of course his music will differ in time because he's shown us that we must grow as people and not allow anybody to hold us down or distort our lives or realities. I truly commend Axl for pulling through this much shit and I hope that I can too. Money must not even mean anything to him anymore in life besides security; surely he's also loved some amazing moments in life, especially getting to experience so much of the world.

• Like 2

My favorite thing about Axl was his unrelenting idealism. But then came the Budweiser thing... and the Pink thing... and the Carrie thing... and the not-caring-about-making-art-anymore thing. So now I'm left with old Youtube videos and records, and thinking that maybe Izzy was right (about not doing the reunion) all along lol.

Edited by Nintari

5 minutes ago, Nintari said:

My favorite thing about Axl was his unrelenting idealism. But then came the Budweiser thing... and the Pink thing... and the Carrie thing... and the not-caring-about-making-art-anymore thing. So now I'm left with old Youtube videos and records, and thinking that maybe Izzy was right (about not doing the reunion) all along lol.

Nothing new in Axl playing with other artists, he has done that occasionally throughout his career. Maybe you conflate your music preferences with Axl's presumed idealism and that it isn't so much that Axl has changed but that you just don't like those he has played with? And Axl has always struggled to release new music, nothing new there either. Anyways, I don't see what any of this has got to do with the reunion.