Guns N'Roses Appetite for Destruction (1987)

Guns N'Roses Appetite for Destruction (1987)

Albums come and go (by various bands) every now and then since 1987 i return to  Appetite for Destruction by Guns N'Roses and marvel and how geat it is. Timeless! 

If one album defined the meaning of Ground Zero it would be Appetite for Destruction :)

• Like 2

It was the first album I bought with my own money as a kid. I got some birthday cash, went to Kmart (I know, right? lol), headed to the tapes and CDs that they kept behind a sliding, locked-glass display and told the teenage girl working there that I wanted the Appetite tape. She looked at it, looked at me, then laughed and said, "Oh! That one? Everyone's buying that one!"

I took it home and was never same (which may or may not have been such a good thing).

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sledge said:

I dunno, since Hollywood Rose broke up I'm finding it hard to picture Axl onstage with anyone other than Chris Weber

Yeah. Personally I liked Axl a lot more when he was an idealist. He used to tour with all this cool bands, LA Guns, Rose, Hollywood Rose, and it was all about touring and the fans, and not about the money at all. Releasing an album? Pfff. Guns N' Roses are sell-outs.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah. Personally I liked Axl a lot more when he was an idealist. He used to tour with all this cool bands, LA Guns, Rose, Hollywood Rose, and it was all about touring and the fans, and not about the money at all. Releasing an album? Pfff. Guns N' Roses are sell-outs.

Buttless chaps and G-string to a kilt? What a tease...

• Haha 1