Get In The Ring Rant Live

20 hours ago, jamillos said:

Holy fucking shit, I just love this man.

Ditto. Best place to bitch is in NYC'S Madison Square Garden. You can say and do what you want without worrying some asshole might stop you.

yeah, this was young Axl and when you're young you say shit before you think sometimes. Today's Axl is older and when you get older you don't give a shit about what people think or say about you because if you are content with your life it doesn't matter.

Axl was dealing with tons of shit back in the early 90's with personal and band stuff, so I'm proud that Axl has grown and done better now with his life and the band. That's what growing up means. Luckily for Axl he's done a lot of growing up because some people never do and repeat the same shit. Not to say Axl isn't the same tough guy he was. I'm sure he's personal feelings about certain things are still there, he just deals better with them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Gawd…. No wonder everyone quit… play your fucking concert

The members of GNR quit due to drugs and alcohol. and some were fired due to the same shit.  I would like to see what some of you would have done dealilng with writing songs, drug addiction and other stress to keep the band you love together without falling apart yourself. Sometimes you have to be selfish to keep your sanity above all else.

No one really knows what went on with GNR and because Axl was the lead singer and focus of GNR, he got blamed for every fucking thing that went wrong. The man had tons of shit to bitch about.  But now GNR is a band together to be proud of and luckily they are alive and healthy. some bands don't get a second chance.

On 6/18/2022 at 4:45 PM, Blackstar said:

Yes! This is the one thank you!!! I thought he went on a rant specifically about the topics in the song OIAM though, perhaps I'm misremembering or it's just a different rant. Do you know what I'm talking about? He addresses each "controversial" subject he mentions in the song in a list with the crowd cheering as he goes "I dont care if you're __ just dont ___ " etc 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yes! This is the one thank you!!! I thought he went on a rant specifically about the topics in the song OIAM though, perhaps I'm misremembering or it's just a different rant. Do you know what I'm talking about? He addresses each "controversial" subject he mentions in the song in a list with the crowd cheering as he goes "I dont care if you're __ just dont ___ " etc 

Ah, that was another rant (about OIAM), yes. It was at the first Rolling Stones show in 1989, before his "Dancing with Mr. Brownstone" rant.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ah, that was another rant (about OIAM), yes. It was at the first Rolling Stones show in 1989, before his "Dancing with Mr. Brownstone" rant.

"it was the rant before this other rant" gotta love oldschool Axl:lol: How I wish we had more rants today. I'm still drooling from that time in 2017 when he called a security guy fuckhead lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Do you have the video or know where I can find it?

Just look for the bootleg of L.A. Coliseum Oct. 18, 1989. I suppose it can be found out there somewhere.

I think it was also in one of GNR Central's videos about the Rolling Stones gigs.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:13 AM, megaguns1982 said:

Gawd…. No wonder everyone quit… play your fucking concert

Disagree. It's what made them so amazing. You never knew what was going to happen on any given night. It was exciting and interesting. Pretty much the complete opposite of what we get now, which--by comparison--seems bland, corporate and completely lifeless.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

That early? I think Blsckstar or Soulmonster said it was a couple of years before NITL but I can’t quite remember. I guess it depends on what qualifies as a rant, too..

He did one or two mini-rants in 2006 and nothing after that, so he essentially stopped in 2002.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:34 AM, mystery said:

I so wonder what Axl thinks of those rants these days. He seems like a million miles away from this mentally and emotionally. Probably would think young Axl is absolutely insufferable.

He's certainly mellowed in his old age. I think the closest thing to a "rant" in the past decade plus was the intro to You Could Be Mine in Philly in 2012, which was less of a rant and more of an extended "it's nice to be back after all this time, sorry for what happened in 2002." And if he thought young Axl was insufferable, he'd be objectively correct.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, axlslash said:

He's certainly mellowed in his old age. I think the closest thing to a "rant" in the past decade plus was the intro to You Could Be Mine in Philly in 2012, which was less of a rant and more of an extended "it's nice to be back after all this time, sorry for what happened in 2002." And if he thought young Axl was insufferable, he'd be objectively correct.

• Like 1