Name a hard rock album as good as Appetite

A couple of Aussie bands with albums that I can listen to start to finish and not skip any songs and used to go see live a lot in the late 90s.

Jebediah : of someday shambles  Grinspoon : guide to better living

im not sure if either band is well known outside australia but I recommend both.

I honestly believe that there is no better hard rock album than AFD, but the closest would be Powerage, Highway to Hell or Toys in the Attic. I could also mention Zeppelin, Purple or Sabbath albums, but I don't include them in what I consider hard rock.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, martinb33 said:

I honestly believe that there is no better hard rock album than AFD, but the closest would be Powerage, Highway to Hell or Toys in the Attic. I could also mention Zeppelin, Purple or Sabbath albums, but I don't include them in what I consider hard rock.

Powerage is absolutely phenomenal.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I like some Darkness songs, but this one's surprising.

Facelift is great too, but Dirt closer to the iconic status of AFD.

For me permission to land is top to bottom brilliant. But I know they aren't everybody's favourite!

• Like 2

• The Cult - Love
  • Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals

At least they had the same effect on me, those same goose bumps at each song, listening each song non-stop from start to finish, on repeat, still listenining to it with a feelling that those albuns aged pretty well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Page and Zeppelin always had a punk element, but I would definitely call it hard rock. Kinda like Gn'R.

That was two different comments lol. I know Zepplin is hard rock. I was replying about the Sex Pistols album being thrown in here, since it's punk rock. I didn't know we could expand beyond hard rock when trying to come up with a record that is as good as Appetite. If I did, I would have come up with a laundry list.

Edited by Nintari

1 minute ago, Nintari said:

That was two different comments lol. I know Zepplin is hard rock. I was replying about the Sex Pistols album being thrown in here, since it's punk rock. I didn't know we could expand beyond hard rock when trying to come up with a record that is as good as Appetite. If I did, I would have come up with a laundry list.

yeah my mistake (tired) yeah I wouldn't call Never Mind The Bollocks hard rock. It's punk. Can't expand beyond hard rock without missing the point of the thread imo.

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

For me permission to land is top to bottom brilliant. But I know they aren't everybody's favourite!

The last 60 seconds of Love On The Rocks With No Ice alone is rock enough to make this list. 
I know they got the “joke band” label but they are actually well schooled fanboys of the genre and can play really well. My only gripe on the first few albums is the poor drumming. 

No band's no album can top a GNR album. Only UYIs are superior to AFD. 

1 UYIS

2 AFD

3 LIES

4 CHIN DEM

tsi , era and gh are not real albums, but I love them all. 

Apart from GNR my top 5 is;

FNM -REAL THING

RHCP - BSSM

LED ZEP - III

SKID ROW - STTG

BLACK SABBATH - PARANOID 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

The last 60 seconds of Love On The Rocks With No Ice alone is rock enough to make this list. 
I know they got the “joke band” label but they are actually well schooled fanboys of the genre and can play really well. My only gripe on the first few albums is the poor drumming. 

Ed had a certain charm, not unlike Adler. but I prefer Rufus, he is a beast!

15 hours ago, EvanG said:

One Hot Minute comes closer to hardrock than anything they've done with Frusciante, I'd say!

I like his guitar playing but he's a dick about what he won't play live. It's no secret he never played anything from One Hot Minute. They're not playing anything from the two Klinghoffer albums now. Or even the first three RHCP albums.

• Like 1