Name a hard rock album as good as Appetite

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I like his guitar playing but he's a dick about what he won't play live. It's no secret he never played anything from One Hot Minute. They're not playing anything from the two Klinghoffer albums now. Or even the first three RHCP albums.

yeah Frusciante basically just comes and goes as he pleases, and he plays what he wants which is mostly his shit. He's a big part of it so he can do that but I feel like it would have been a nice gesture for Josh and Dave who did great work in the band. 2-3 songs from OHM and the 2 Josh albums wouldn't kill him and would probably be a fun treat for the fans of those albums as well.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I like his guitar playing but he's a dick about what he won't play live. It's no secret he never played anything from One Hot Minute. They're not playing anything from the two Klinghoffer albums now. Or even the first three RHCP albums.

I love his songwriting and guitar playing. Huge inspiration to me. But yeah, I liked the two albums they did with Josh a lot and it sucks they are ignoring all those songs (so far).

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's truly a great album. A bit short but no fillers.

Great album, the only non-Ozzy Sabbath album I listen to regularly. I don't put it up there with the first six Sabbath albums, but it's definitely a masterpiece, IMO. 

13 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Easy. 

Ride the lightning by Metallica. One of the few albums woth no skipable songs

it's a thrash metal album though. A masterpiece, but not really hard rock.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, ssiscool said:

Easy. 

Ride the lightning by Metallica. One of the few albums woth no skipable songs

I agree on that one, easily Metallica's best but I can name quite a few albums with no skipable songs. Not any of Metallica's other ones, though :lol:

On 6/20/2022 at 8:56 AM, martinb33 said:

I honestly believe that there is no better hard rock album than AFD, but the closest would be Powerage, Highway to Hell or Toys in the Attic. I could also mention Zeppelin, Purple or Sabbath albums, but I don't include them in what I consider hard rock.

Good shout for Powerage. The beauty of that album to me is it's overshadowed by some massive radio hit on the album - every song on it has equal footing in a way. It's an unbelievably consistent album from to back - it's raw, gritty, and hard; it encapsulates what AC/DC is. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 6:32 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I like some Darkness songs, but this one's surprising.

Facelift is great too, but Dirt closer to the iconic status of AFD.

Permission to Land is awesome.  Get your hands off of my woman muthafukaaaa-aaaaa-aaaa

• Like 3