We need a US Tour ASAP!

If GN'R do another US tour any time soon, they will be barely be able to fill arenas this time around. The interest in just not there for the band to tour the US. This was evidenced by the embarrassingly low ticket sales and turnout for their last run through the US. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

If GN'R do another US tour any time soon, they will be barely be able to fill arenas this time around. The interest in just not there for the band to tour the US. This was evidenced by the embarrassingly low ticket sales and turnout for their last run through the US. 

But then, they are on the reunion tour for six years now and they've packed stadiums after stadiums all ove the world all these years!

They've already packed what they've had to pack, for six whole years and by themselves, with zero help!

Just look at the JJ, Poison, Motley Crue and Def Leppard tour, they are in the US, at the 5th show and playing for half packed baseball arenas, come on!

Which band can tour for six years with no new album or no new songs and pack stadiums all over the world? From India to Brazil and Europe to China?

Do they really need to tour the US?

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Legendador said:

The answer is probably no. They have enough fans in Europe, Latin America, and Asia to sustain their touring enterprise for the foreseeable future. The fact that they can play so many dates in Brazil alone should be an indication. They could probably pull-off something similar in Mexico, Argentina, and Australia. 

Guns/Metallica co-headlining tour would be fantastic, but for it to make sense financially for both bands I guess they would have to play only biggest stadiums, and play 2 nights in a row in each city. First night one band goes on first, second night is in reverse order to avoid arguments. Axl doesn't go on stage 3 hours late anymore, so Metallica wouldn't be so eager to go before them each time.

Probably never gonna happen, but how sick it would've been...

10 minutes ago, IndiannaRose said:

The answer is probably no. They have enough fans in Europe, Latin America, and Asia to sustain their touring enterprise for the foreseeable future. The fact that they can play so many dates in Brazil alone should be an indication. They could probably pull-off something similar in Mexico, Argentina, and Australia. 

And see, to the majority of the bands it is very expensive to tour abroad! Let alone come to Brazil, but then again they will have 10 shows only in the country, plus some other 10 to 20 shows in LATAM, so it becomes cheap or even profitable.

They could live off touring central and latin america + asia for the rest of their lives with no new songs and packing!

They will have a concert at the Amazon, how cool that will be?

3 minutes ago, swirkh said:

Guns/Metallica co-headlining tour would be fantastic, but for it to make sense financially for both bands I guess they would have to play only biggest stadiums, and play 2 nights in a row in each city. First night one band goes on first, second night is in reverse order to avoid arguments. Axl doesn't go on stage 3 hours late anymore, so Metallica wouldn't be so eager to go before them each time.

This would never ever ever happen!

6 minutes ago, swirkh said:

I would love to see GN'R to do an mini festival with another great rock bands. Steel Panther, Airbourne, Black Label Society, Alice Cooper, The Cult, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins and Sebastian Bach.

Edited by FabioRoses

To me, the only rock / metal act that can pull off a new record and tour this new record in the actual music scene (packing) is Ozzy.

Not even Metallica packs for the sake of their new songs.

Guns will pack for WJ, SCOM, KOHD, LLD, NR, DC and PC alone.

2 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

I would love to see GN'R to do an mini festival with another great rock bands. Steel Panther, Airbourne, Black Label Society and Alice Cooper.

Here in Brazil Alice Cooper and Tyler Brandt opened the 2017 run!

But nothing was compared to 2011, with Sebastian Bach opening, that was sick!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

To me, the only rock / metal act that can pull off a new record and tour this new record in the actual music scene (packing) is Ozzy.

Not even Metallica packs for the sake of their new songs.

Guns will pack for WJ, SCOM, KOHD, LLD, NR, DC and PC alone.

Here in Brazil Alice Cooper and Tyler Brandt opened the 2017 run!

But nothing was compared to 2011, with Sebastian Bach opening, that was sick!

missed the 2017 são paulo's gig. i was at the 2016 concert tho. 

i saw they in 2010 and sebastian put one hell of a show.

in 2014 there was 2 local bands, kind of meh.

Agree. I missed GNR last year when they came to Dallas. I hope they come back either in the fall or early next year. It's too hot here for summer concerts unless it's indoors.

I've seen some GNR footage from the tour in Europe and the whole band looks and sounds amazing.  You can see how much fun they are having too.

Also the Crue, Poison and Def Leppard concert footage looks great too. but the tickets are so expensive. Might wait until August. Sometimes tickets go on sale?

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I really hope so so this clown fest can finally stop after 13 fucking years, so they have no chance but releasing music in some form, but, are you sure? I remember you guys were saying arenas were not selling out but they still looked crowded the last time

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I really hope so so this clown fest can finally stop after 13 fucking years, so they have no chance but releasing music in some form, but, are you sure? I remember you guys were saying arenas were not selling out but they still looked crowded the last time

The shows always look crowded by show time. There's all sorts of free tickets and huge discounts to fill out seats as much as possible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swirkh said:

Never ever- 30 years ago GnR were the biggest hard rock band in the world (for a few years anyway), and Metallica sucked it up and took a chance on the Guns n Metallica tour; in the ensuing 3 decades Metallica have solidified their legacy as Heavy Metal legends and GnR have, well, they've done whatever it is they do.... 
Hetfield, Ulrich and Company don't need or want anything to do with that nonsense, 3 hours late or not.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Joan Jett/ Poison/Def Leppard/ Motley Crue originally had ticket prices for $250 at Citi Field. They couldn't sell it. The last two weeks ticket prices dropped tremendously. The section 500s were going for $80. Section 100s were going for $90. I could have gotten a ticket for myself on the day of the show, but chose not to. I had two graduation parties to go to on Saturday so needed to rest. 

Those 4 could not sell out a baseball stadium in the biggest market of the United States combined. Last year, GNR sold out MetLife Stadium by themselves with NJ still being hit hard with Covid. At least for this  NJ/NYC area, the market is still there for GNR. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Legendador said:

But then, they are on the reunion tour for six years now and they've packed stadiums after stadiums all ove the world all these years!

They've already packed what they've had to pack, for six whole years and by themselves, with zero help!

Just look at the JJ, Poison, Motley Crue and Def Leppard tour, they are in the US, at the 5th show and playing for half packed baseball arenas, come on!

Which band can tour for six years with no new album or no new songs and pack stadiums all over the world? From India to Brazil and Europe to China?

Baseball is played in large stadiums, not arenas, but I definitely get what you’re saying. I’m sure it would have sold a lot better if Vince Neil wasn’t such a fat fucking alcoholic and actually gave a shit.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Those 4 could not sell out a baseball stadium in the biggest market of the United States combined. Last year, GNR sold out MetLife Stadium by themselves with NJ still being hit hard with Covid. At least for this  NJ/NYC area, the market is still there for GNR. 

Right? I was there and it was full. I think it’s funny the people that say ticket sales sucked are the ones that don’t attend shows.

Regarding the discounted tickets….it’s called dynamic pricing and it’s practiced by TM, Uber, and I’m sure more companies. The business I’m in does it as well but it’s more manually done. Shit, have you tried to buy a car lately? 

It’s supply and demand of the “new age”.

I’m hoping they will come back so I can see a few more shows.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

Right? I was there and it was full. I think it’s funny the people that say ticket sales sucked are the ones that don’t attend shows.

Regarding the discounted tickets….it’s called dynamic pricing and it’s practiced by TM, Uber, and I’m sure more companies. The business I’m in does it as well but it’s more manually done. Shit, have you tried to buy a car lately? 

It’s supply and demand of the “new age”.

I’m hoping they will come back so I can see a few more shows.

I say ticket sales sucked becuase ticket sales sucked. Re-writing history won't help that fact. 

If you go through any of the threads for the last US tour, you'll see how awful ticket sales were and yes, I'm familiar with dynamic pricing but that wasn't what happened with that tour. 

The show I went to (see how I did go to a show?) was only because they were basically giving rickets away in 4 packs, so someone bought me a ticket. 

When we walked in the door, we were immediately upgraded to far better tickers by one of many people roaming around with big handfuls of ticket upgrades. Again, that was nothing to do with dynamic pricing and everything to do with lack of demand. 

Loads of free tickets were passed out around town in the days before the show and leading all the way up to show time. 

Again, I did go to a show and even if I didn't, the story is laid out in every thread for the shows from the last US tour. Overall, I love me some GN'R and I did end up having a great time at that particular show. However, neither of those things mean that the tour was some sort of massive success with any sort of real demand. 

If/when GN'R come back to the US, they'll be in arenas. When they are, we'll all go in the same circles we did last time they played arenas and weren't selling out: GN'R defenders will claim they're only playing arenas because bands don't play stadiums in the US. That's never been true, but the same argument will get trotted out again. 

• Like 1

I say ticket sales sucked becuase ticket sales sucked. Re-writing history won't help that fact. 

If you go through any of the threads for the last US tour, you'll see how awful ticket sales were and yes, I'm familiar with dynamic pricing but that wasn't what happened with that tour. 

The show I went to (see how I did go to a show?) was only because they were basically giving rickets away in 4 packs, so someone bought me a ticket. 

When we walked in the door, we were immediately upgraded to far better tickers by one of many people roaming around with big handfuls of ticket upgrades. Again, that was nothing to do with dynamic pricing and everything to do with lack of demand. 

Loads of free tickets were passed out around town in the days before the show and leading all the way up to show time. 

Again, I did go to a show and even if I didn't, the story is laid out in every thread for the shows from the last US tour. Overall, I love me some GN'R and I did end up having a great time at that particular show. However, neither of those things mean that the tour was some sort of massive success with any sort of real demand. 

If/when GN'R come back to the US, they'll be in arenas. When they are, we'll all go in the same circles we did last time they played arenas and weren't selling out: GN'R defenders will claim they're only playing arenas because bands don't play stadiums in the US. That's never been true, but the same argument will get trotted out again. 

“Ticket sales sucked”? Define that for me please. Is it because it didn’t sell out at max price 5 mins after tickets were released?  I’m looking for statistical data, not a bunch of posts on an Internet forum. 

So you went to a show but didn’t go through the ticket buying experience?

When’s the last time you went to a sporting event? Same thing happens with MLB tickets all day every day.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

“Ticket sales sucked”? Define that for me please. Is it because it didn’t sell out at max price 5 mins after tickets were released?  I’m looking for statistical data, not a bunch of posts on an Internet forum. 

So you went to a show but didn’t go through the ticket buying experience?

When’s the last time you went to a sporting event? Same thing happens with MLB tickets all day every day.

How about this; instead of me doing a bunch of work for you, let's see what happens with the next GN'R tour of the US. The venue sizes and lack of interest will prove my point, again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

How about this; instead of me doing a bunch of work for you, let's see what happens with the next GN'R tour of the US. The venue sizes and lack of interest will prove my point, again. 

Lol I didn’t think you had any.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I was at the show @RussTCB was, and I can confirm sales were very bad

Oh and it may have been.

But to throw a blanket statement out encompassing the whole tour? I was at MetLife and one of the Hard Rock shows and both venues were packed.

• Haha 2

If they book stadiums outside of NY/NJ and CA, then I think that would be the case. However, during their last US tour (2021), the country was still working through the pandemic's last wave, and I do think that most likely affected sales. I am confident that if they were to stick with arena or amphitheater shows, they would sell at least 75-80% of tickets by each show's play date. Out of the bands from their era, only Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and U2 has a higher financial pull stateside right now, and that's not so bad considering the band has toured the country several times since Axl, Duff, and Slash reunited in 2016. I'm frankly surprised they've stayed as relevant in the touring circuit considering what I feel is market oversaturation on their end. 

Edited by IndiannaRose
  • Like 1