We need a US Tour ASAP!

14 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Baseball is played in large stadiums, not arenas, but I definitely get what you’re saying. I’m sure it would have sold a lot better if Vince Neil wasn’t such a fat fucking alcoholic and actually gave a shit.

You're right! I just got shocked by this picture of the second show of the MC, DL, P tour.

https://twitter.com/VanDoHalen/status/1537578238226186240

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IndiannaRose said:

If they book stadiums outside of NY/NJ and CA, then I think that would be the case. However, during their last US tour (2021), the country was still working through the pandemic's last wave, and I do think that most likely affected sales. I am confident that if they were to stick with arena or amphitheater shows, they would sell at least 75-80% of tickets by each show's play date. Out of the bands from their era, only Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and U2 has a higher financial pull stateside right now, and that's not so bad considering the band has toured the country several times since Axl, Duff, and Slash reunited in 2016. I'm frankly surprised they've stayed as relevant in the touring circuit considering what I feel is market oversaturation on their end. 

Exactly. Thank you for the reasonable, well thought out response. 

My whole point is this "GN'R is on top of the world" and "there's a huge demand for GN'R in the US" line of thinking is just false. 

GN'R will most likely return to arenas and amphitheaters in the US and see moderate success with ticket sales. That doesn't make them the worst band in the world but it certainly doesn't make them the best, which is what my original comment expressed. 

However, there's a few folks on here who don't like that the facts show GN'R just isn't the biggest band in the world. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

You're right! I just got shocked by this picture of the second show of the MC, DL, P tour.

https://twitter.com/VanDoHalen/status/1537578238226186240

Ah, I see. This is because they don’t want fans standing on the infield of the playing field. When Guns and Metallica played Oakland Stadium the grass was being ripped up all over the place thanks to Axl taking forever to come on stage. I think there is a YouTube video of it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. Thank you for the reasonable, well thought out response. 

My whole point is this "GN'R is on top of the world" and "there's a huge demand for GN'R in the US" line of thinking is just false. 

GN'R will most likely return to arenas and amphitheaters in the US and see moderate success with ticket sales. That doesn't make them the worst band in the world but it certainly doesn't make them the best, which is what my original comment expressed. 

However, there's a few folks on here who don't like that the facts show GN'R just isn't the biggest band in the world. 

They don't need to tour the US! They can have a AFD reunion for 30 dates and pack around the world, or just go the Troubador and Whisky.

I’m sure the band doesn’t think so much about “being number 1”, and they can already flex bragging rights if they wanted to with NITL’s overall gross.

The reunion made them a reliable, consistent money printing machine that will last them the rest of their career. That is probably what matters most to them

Even if the stadium tour had poor attendance in the US last year, it was still a far more financially viable trek than a NuGNR, SMKC, or Velvet Revolver tour would be. They are in it for the money, and the money is clearly there

• 3 weeks later...