1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

According to an article @Blackstar posted in the London thread, Axl suffered from anxiety attacks after the first show. Hope he's getting better!

Wishing him all the good health.

But wait... if the reason for his anxiety attack was his vocals, then why he was so chill and relaxed about it this past 10 years?

• GNFNR 4

1 minute ago, ©GnrPersia said:

But wait... if the reason for his anxiety attack was his vocals, then why he was so chill and relaxed about it this past 10 years?

We don't know if was really chill and relaxed.

Plus it's one thing if he's still able to sing the high parts on key although without rasp and another thing if his high voice can't come out at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Yeah, rather strange that he has seemed pretty fine to sound awful for years now, screeching and clearly not singing correctly, to the point of totally losing control of his voice. 

I wish him the best but when you don't prepare and just do what you want stuff like this tends to happen. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But how do we know that he doesn't prepare? I mean, we know that he doesn't rehearse much - although in the recent years he has rehearsed more than he used to. But he does do vocal exercises, warm-ups and warm-downs. I don't think Duff would make that up. I'm also sure that even if he didn't work with Ron Anderson systematically, he consulted him here and there.

From the videos I've watched on this tour it's clear to me that he's been trying really hard with what he has; it's just not there anymore.

I really do not think he would sound like he has for the past 4 years if he did daily vocal exercises, warm ups etc. His voice has consistently sounded rough, cracking, losing control, since 2018, and at the start of every tour he sounds like hasn't even bothered singing the entire time they were off.

I am not really speculating on whether his voice is still "there".  I'm just saying if it's not he hasn't done it any favours with the way he's been performing the last few years, which IMO is with very little, if any, preparation 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I really do not think he would sound like he has for the past 4 years if he did daily vocal exercises, warm ups etc. His voice has consistently sounded rough, cracking, losing control, since 2018, and at the start of every tour he sounds like hasn't even bothered singing the entire time they were off.

I am not really speculating on whether his voice is still "there".  I'm just saying if it's not he hasn't done it any favours with the way he's been performing the last few years, which IMO is with very little, if any, preparation 

I don't think it's a matter of preparation or lack thereof anymore. His mid and high range signature voice (the "rasp") is just gone and no preparation can save it. The cracks are because he's been pushing himself too hard. He's not done though. His low voice is still strong and powerful, there are parts of song that his high clean voice doesn't sound too bad, and he can save the screams for other selected parts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m so confused as to what actually happened tonight after reading through everything.

Axl has become self aware of his voice problem, or did he sound “extra bad” tonight or something? 

He couldn’t physically take on the high notes tonight. It was actually causing pain. So he’d either skip lines or sing in his lower register. I think the best example of what he was facing can be heard at the end of Patience tonight. The outro was all over the place, but then he finished the line “this timeee” in what was one of his better vocal notes hit in a long time imo 

Edited by IncitingChaos

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m so confused as to what actually happened tonight after reading through everything.

Axl has become self aware of his voice problem, or did he sound “extra bad” tonight or something? 

Before LALD he said he was having vocal issues, and he'd be tweaking the songs around a bit. Before SCOM, he said he "doesn't have the highs" so Carrie brought hers.

His high voice is gone, there was times he went for it then realized he couldn't do it. Don't know if he's sick or if he's legitimately blown his voice, but he definitely didn't sound "extra bad", some songs sounded better with only low vocals tbh.

This has been going on for a while on certain songs and he's been working around his approach on the spot. Welcome to the Jungle is an example - even in that viral tiktok clip: he couldn't hit the high notes so he went low during the same line or the next one, and it came out a mess. He's been also singing the verses of Nightrain lower lately (and it has sounded good). It seems it has deteriorated now.

Edited by Blackstar

To be honest this is the point in the road Axl needs to sit down with Slash and Duff and say it’s time to change the set. Axl can’t do the set he used to anymore, those days are over. At 60, you gotta take care of yourself better. I think it makes me most sad that he’s having anxiety attacks over it. Feels like this’ll probably be one of the last Guns tours.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

To be honest this is the point in the road Axl needs to sit down with Slash and Duff and say it’s time to change the set. Axl can’t do the set he used to anymore, those days are over. At 60, you gotta take care of yourself better. I think it makes me most sad that he’s having anxiety attacks over it. Feels like this’ll probably be one of the last Guns tours.

Hopefully not. Maybe the last mega stadium tour for a while. That wouldn't be the worst thing, a lot of fans would like the chance to see them in a smaller setting with a different type of set. It would make less money probably, how much that factors in I don't know?

• Sad 1