13 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Genuine question - the people calling for Axl to retire, have you been to any shows on this leg? Not a snarky comment, genuinely interested in the proportion of attendees to forum users.

Attendees will be in the minority. At least with regards to the “old timers”.

Anxiety attacks are no joke. But it's pretty clear that something had to give at some point. Axl may struggle at times, but he's also a smart dude. He can figure it out. Hopefully they are able to adapt appropriately.

• Like 3

1. Anyone got any songs and which show I can look up to see how much “worse” Axl was than his usual? 

2. He suffered from these very frequently during the UYI tour and this is mostly why he was late by 1-3 hours every show night. 

19 hours ago, Draguns said:

With that being said, something is up with Axl. He wouldn't be sleeping at the stadium if he was ok with his mental health.

Why not? I don't see how you deduce mental health issues from the mere fact that he slept at the stadium. He didn't specify why he slept there so who knows. I think people are too quick to jump into conclusions.

4 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Genuine question - the people calling for Axl to retire, have you been to any shows on this leg? Not a snarky comment, genuinely interested in the proportion of attendees to forum users.

I was there, Warsaw gig. It was great. Retire your ass. Wonder if any of those people considered retirement after one or two weak days at work. They should. Loose it up a lil bit and have a good time while you can moaners.

• Like 4

Just now, Tomek1985 said:

I was there, Warsaw gig. It was great. Retire your ass. Wonder if any of those people considered retirement after one or two weak days at work. They should. Loose it up a lil bit and have a good time while you can moaners.

Completely agree 100%. Warsaw was fantastic, Axl has many years left in him at that rate. Enjoy it.

4 hours ago, Underhardy said:

1. Anyone got any songs and which show I can look up to see how much “worse” Axl was than his usual? 

2. He suffered from these very frequently during the UYI tour and this is mostly why he was late by 1-3 hours every show night. 

groningen, netherlands was very bad

From Ticketmaster

Guns N' Roses - Glasgow Green - 5 July 2022

Hi there,

This event has been postponed...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that this show will no longer be taking place tomorrow.

The following statement has been issued:

“Sadly, due to illness and medical advice, GNR will not be able to perform in Glasgow, tomorrow 5-July-2022. We are working on rescheduling options for this show so please hold onto your tickets and wait for a further update."

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JimmyMick3 said:

There’s been emails and text messages sent from ticketmaster. 
I can’t see the gig being rescheduled. 

Agreed, "working on rescheduling options for this show so please hold onto your tickets and wait for a further update" is PR speak for "don't you all be hassling us for refunds tonight". 

The premise of the show was an add on to the TRNSMT festival this coming weekend so additional infrastructure costs are at a minimum, so unless they could do it straight after it is probably not economic never mind logistically possible given how many would cash in tickets anyway as working etc.

4 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Why not? I don't see how you deduce mental health issues from the mere fact that he slept at the stadium. He didn't specify why he slept there so who knows. I think people are too quick to jump into conclusions.

There's something going on here whether it's physical or mental.  Sleeping at the stadium isn't something one would do. Whatever is going on, I hope Axl recovers soon!

Just now, Draguns said:

There's something going on here whether it's physical or mental.  Sleeping at the stadium isn't something one would do. Whatever is going on, I hope Axl recovers soon!

I guess it’s both :(

8 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Spurs stadium has it's own brewery and VIP cheese room, I reckon that within the changing rooms, managers offices and hospitality areas for 8000 people on a match day there would be somewhere acceptable to doss down :-D

• Like 3

On 7/2/2022 at 5:11 PM, Jw224 said:

I wish him the best but when you don't prepare and just do what you want stuff like this tends to happen. 

^^ This is just narcissistic nonsense. Blowing smoke out of your @$$. You haven't the first clue whether or not he prepares or how he goes about it. NONE.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:18 PM, Blackstar said:

But how do we know that he doesn't prepare? I mean, we know that he doesn't rehearse much - although in the recent years he has rehearsed more than he used to. But he does do vocal exercises, warm-ups and warm-downs. I don't think Duff would make that up. I'm also sure that even if he didn't work with Ron Anderson systematically, he consulted him here and there.

From the videos I've watched on this tour it's clear to me that he's been trying really hard with what he has; it's just not there anymore.

^^ This is someone actually using some sound reasoning and admitting that they don't know all the facts. The 1st poster should take notice.

As for not rehearing, there are many reasons someone may not do so. And I know the topic has been speculated upon here for years.

The nature of AXL's voice and the fact that GN'R has historically toured so much often doing hundreds of shows per tour could very well be among those reasons.

Back in 1991 -- when he was far more in his prime -- I fully recall his voice often sounding hoarse and worn down. Performing as often as the band did with a vocalist that uses as much rasp as AXL does is going to have that effect. Adding even more usage and stress on his voice for rehearsals just didn't make sense.

That's probably why he's lasted as long as he has. For all the huge NuGNR fans that believe AXL's voice was at it's best during the 2006 era should thank their lucky stars AXL didn't rehearse much back then. He very well might have been burned out a long time ago.

At 60 years old now, there's little surprise to me that his voice has gotten to the stage it's at.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:35 PM, Tomek1985 said:

Warsaw gig was great :headbang:

I hope Axl´s doing better. Anxiety attacks can be really hard to deal with. Whatever it is that´s happening to him, I prefer him to take all the time he needs to rocover instead of going on with the tour, with all the pressure and damaging his health or his voice. If he needs a few days or a few weeks or even a few months, so be it. We better have him well and healthy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thunderram said:

^^ This is just narcissistic nonsense. Blowing smoke out of your @$$. You haven't the first clue whether or not he prepares or how he goes about it. NONE.

^^ This is someone actually using some sound reasoning and admitting that they don't know all the facts. The 1st poster should take notice.

As for not rehearing, there are many reasons someone may not do so. And I know the topic has been speculated upon here for years.

The nature of AXL's voice and the fact that GN'R has historically toured so much often doing hundreds of shows per tour could very well be among those reasons.

Back in 1991 -- when he was far more in his prime -- I fully recall his voice often sounding hoarse and worn down. Performing as often as the band did with a vocalist that uses as much rasp as AXL does is going to have that effect. Adding even more usage and stress on his voice for rehearsals just didn't make sense.

That's probably why he's lasted as long as he has. For all the huge NuGNR fans that believe AXL's voice was at it's best during the 2006 era should thank their lucky stars AXL didn't rehearse much back then. He very well might have been burned out a long time ago.

At 60 years old now, there's little surprise to me that his voice has gotten to the stage it's at.

I don't need to "take notice" of anything lol. I'm allowed to disagree with the premise that Axl has been responsible with his voice. Just as you seem to believe he does prepare without actually knowing, I believe he doesn't. Maybe you should calm down and stop implying someone is a narcissist (doesn't even make sense in relation to what I said) because you don't agree with them.

19 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I don't need to "take notice" of anything lol. I'm allowed to disagree with the premise that Axl has been responsible with his voice. Just as you seem to believe he does prepare without actually knowing, I believe he doesn't. Maybe you should calm down and stop implying someone is a narcissist (doesn't even make sense in relation to what I said) because you don't agree with them.

Actually there is more evidence he does prepare and takes care of his voice if you read back through past comments from Axl.

44 minutes ago, cineater said:

Actually there is more evidence he does prepare and takes care of his voice if you read back through past comments from Axl.

I do not consider what he did for the past three or four years as being responsible with his voice. I am not even commenting on whether he has vocal damage etc. If he does though, and continued for the past 4 years to try and do stuff he no longer could, then that's not being responsible and it has just ruined his voice further.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1