5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Bit rude.

There is no right or wrong, it's personal choice. You worry about your ears and don't be rude about opinions which differ from yours.

TBH, poster started by mocking people because they wear earplugs, so maybe she had it coming :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Bit rude.

There is no right or wrong, it's personal choice. You worry about your ears and don't be rude about opinions which differ from yours.

Rude is to mock people who wear earplugs. Rude is to suggest to stop going to concerts when you wear earplugs. Rude is to deny that people actually can get and have gotten Tinnitus from attending concerts. Rude is what you are doing, always taking sides, preferrably against whatever I have to say. I didn't start this conversation. And it's not an opinion that people can and have gotten Tinnitus from concerts, it's fact. Also it's not opinion that people wear earplugs at concerts, it's fact. Just look around.

And it's only right until it goes wrong.

17 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh, I still think it's not good, you only need one bad experience to get hearing damage.

Exactly that. And for the record I actually do prefer the sound without earplugs.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Natty said:

I am sorry Patrick but you don’t know anything about me, so don‘t you call me arrogant, ignorant and clueless ok? 

thank you ! 

No, I don't. But I can read your responses. And they are exactly that.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Rude is to mock people who wear earplugs. Rude is to suggest to stop going to concerts when you wear earplugs. Rude is to deny that people actually can get and have gotten Tinnitus from attending concerts. Rude is what you are doing, always taking sides, preferrably against whatever I have to say. I didn't start this conversation. And it's not an opinion that people can and have gotten Tinnitus from concerts, it's fact. Also it's not opinion that people wear earplugs at concerts, it's fact. Just look around.

She mocked 1 person. 

I have never said you can't get tinnitus from concerts, many have.

I also said that I have not seen anyone wearing earplugs at a concert, I have looked around, maybe my eyes need testing too.

If you feel that I always take sides against you maybe you can drop me a PM and we can discuss this further.

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly that. And for the record I actually do prefer the sound without earplugs.

I mocked one single person who was calling me out before, ok, calling me a random fan. So that made me going…

I didn’t suggest to stop going to concerts when one wears ear plugs. I said I would stop going to concerts if I feel the need to wear them! Big difference!

I also didn’t say people don‘ t wear ear plugs. I said I don’t get it why someone goes to a concert and then uses them cause they feel its too loud… so you didn’t really read well

And that s all from my side. If you misunderstand everything … 

18 minutes ago, Natty said:

I mocked one single person who was calling me out before, ok, calling me a random fan. So that made me going…

I didn’t suggest to stop going to concerts when one wears ear plugs. I said I would stop going to concerts if I feel the need to wear them! Big difference!

I also didn’t say people don‘ t wear ear plugs. I said I don’t get it why someone goes to a concert and then uses them cause they feel its too loud… so you didn’t really read well

And that s all from my side. If you misunderstand everything … 

No. No big difference. You’re suggesting that going to a concert with earplugs doesn’t make sense and it’s better to stay home.

How hard is it to get that people want/have to protect their hearing because they either are afraid of getting into trouble with their hearing as others have experienced at concerts before or already have problems with their hearing, but still want to go to concerts?

And it was you who suggested that only children and securities, who hate the music, wear earplugs.

That’s the ignorance and arrogance I’m talking about. There is absolutely no misunderstanding here, other than you not recognizing that things might be different for other people and that they don’t wear earplugs because they don’t enjoy the music. And yes, objectively speaking, any doctor will tell you that noise levels at concerts are too loud and can damage your hearing. For some it happens earlier, for some it happens later and some are lucky enough and it doesn't happen at all. That's also no opinion, that is fact.

29 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

She mocked 1 person. 

I have never said you can't get tinnitus from concerts, many have.

I also said that I have not seen anyone wearing earplugs at a concert, I have looked around, maybe my eyes need testing too.

If you feel that I always take sides against you maybe you can drop me a PM and we can discuss this further.

I did that once and you mocked me more. So, no thank you.
Yes, get your eyes tested. I see people with earplugs at concerts all the time. Years ago already before I started to use them.

16 hours ago, Natty said:

Sorry to hear that!!
 If it didn’t happen after a concert then it isn’t from a gig I would say. 

headphones can cause a lot more damage than live gigs cause you don’t realize how loud it really is. Wish you the best

Thanks. It's not bad. It's just annoying at times.

• 5 months later...

Stumbled across an interview with a Swedish guy from 2016, that said that he met Axl at a club in New York 2-3 years before. And they had a deep talk, and then Axl told him he had a stroke 1 year before. Complete news to me. 

Here's the link to the interview, https://sverigesradio.se/avsnitt/820956 - Around 4 minutes in he talks about the Axl part, it is in Swedish.

• GNFNR 1
  • Wow 4

47 minutes ago, sleepin said:

Stumbled across an interview with a Swedish guy from 2016, that said that he met Axl at a club in New York 2-3 years before. And they had a deep talk, and then Axl told him he had a stroke 1 year before. Complete news to me. 

Here's the link to the interview, https://sverigesradio.se/avsnitt/820956 - Around 4 minutes in he talks about the Axl part, it is in Swedish.

Axl used a cane quite regularly around 2011/12/13… canes are quite common after a stroke… it does kinda make sense.

but the amount of shows he played around them years doesn’t add up. Surely he would’ve taken a break?

47 minutes ago, sleepin said:

So potentially at the end of the 2014 residency? And then he reached out and made inroads with the old guys over the next year. Maybe a case of life's too short...

Could be related to that weird photo from the studio...

29 minutes ago, kever20 said:

So potentially at the end of the 2014 residency? And then he reached out and made inroads with the old guys over the next year. Maybe a case of life's too short...

Could be related to that weird photo from the studio...

If the alleged conversation was 2-3 years before 2016 and the supposed stroke happened a year before that, it could have been in 2011-12.

• GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Any chance someone could translate/transcribe?

First they say that this story is 2-3 years back in time from 2016 when the interview was done.

The Axl-story is short in this interview. Its a young underwear designer named Anton in the club "The Electric Room"  in New York whos friend is talking to Axl at the bar. Anton didnt now that it was Axl his friend talked to and interrupted the conversation.  Anton did later that night recognize the guy to be Axl and walked up to him and told Axl that he was a big fan of him and so on. Axl rolled up a joint and asked him to sit down with him and they started to talk deep talk about their lives and families. He says that it has not yet been a full year since Axl had a stroke and since Anton also has familiy-members who has had strokes they talked very much about this subject on how the families handles the situation and so on.

Edited by gokken
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Swedish said:

In the interview he talks about meeting Axl at the Electric Room in New York, he say's that he cock blocked Axl, that Axl rolled him a joint, that they talked all night about their families and that this was a year after Axl had "his stroke". I honestly think he's either made a lot of it up and/or thought it was Axl but it really wasn't...

I have a hard time seeing Axl sitting for an entire night in 2012-ish talking about his family (something he never talks about) with a random guy who happens to cock block him at a nightclub and that this guy would be the only one who Axl tells he had a stroke to.

Axl rolling him a joint… I thought Axl would have given that up long before the 2010’s. Very bizarre story. I like to think this is BS and I hope it’s BS because none of us would want uncle Axl to go through any bad.

also he “cock blocked” Axl… he fucking wishes! 🤣🤣

Edited by DustNBones1990

11 hours ago, Ratam said:

Seem weird that stroke not have at least a minimum consequence.

It wouldn't be weird. Many people get a stroke without even realizing. It depends on the severity of course, but it's perfectly possible to have a stroke with no consequences.