Locomotive in setlist

I have seen a company selling mock ups of setlist and for both of the London shows it is shown as on the setlist but skipped along with others that were clearly on pro-forma setlist (such as November Rain) and binned off.

Would be interesting where this information came from. A little research shows it has only ever been played live 8 times, and 3 times since early 90s - last time in October 2019 when played back to back with Dead Horse :headbang:

s-l1600.jpg

15 hours ago, UK_GNR said:

I have seen a company selling mock ups of setlist and for both of the London shows it is shown as on the setlist but skipped along with others that were clearly on pro-forma setlist (such as November Rain) and binned off.

Would be interesting where this information came from. A little research shows it has only ever been played live 8 times, and 3 times since early 90s - last time in October 2019 when played back to back with Dead Horse :headbang:

s-l1600.jpg

I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

The stars indicate pyro (there wasn't and hasn't been for some time), and I'm pretty sure SCOM got moved to the end because of the vocal issues. Personally, I'd be surprised if it was supposed to be there the whole time

I'm not a singer so I can't say how hard it is to sing, but I'm really surprised they have played it so few times since UYI came out.  Songs a killer.  I heard them rehearse it before the Hershey show last year (minus Axl) and it was incredible.    Hell, after hearing the instrumental version, I'd recommend just play that and let the crowd sing along if Axl can't sing it- just kidding, well, kind of.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I'm not a singer so I can't say how hard it is to sing, but I'm really surprised they have played it so few times since UYI came out.  Songs a killer.  I heard them rehearse it before the Hershey show last year (minus Axl) and it was incredible.    Hell, after hearing the instrumental version, I'd recommend just play that and let the crowd sing along if Axl can't sing it- just kidding, well, kind of.

Yes I always thought Slash should play some of Locomotive in his solo part. Better than flogging Godfather for 25+ years. That got too old hat

18 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Those setlists have clearly been knocked up on a computer at home and that crossing out added to make it look 'authentic'. 

I wouldn't pay any attention to them. 

What kind of sad sack would do that...hmmm could make a list

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2022 at 12:27 PM, WildStar said:

Wow Locomotive crossed out for Wichita! What an insult.

I'm lucky enough to have seen Locomotive live in person. It was pretty epic

If you did my guess it was in 2019, or you didn't know the song when you heard it back in 1991. ;)

I saw them JULY 1991 when they played back-to-back shows at Shoreline Amphitheater. The 1st of the 2 was one of the extremely rare shows when they played it. Of course I was at the 2nd show!

Both concerts occurred 2 months before the UYI albums were released so I wouldn't have known it had they played it anyway.

At that time, the only UYI tunes I had heard or was familiar with (or that the vast majority would have known) were Civil War, YCBM, LALD, and KOHD.

They opened with Perfect Crime which, despite it being from 1986, I wasn't familiar with at the time -- but I do remember them performing it vividly as it was breakneck opening song.

But beyond that and NR, I couldn't recall which UYI tunes they played that night once the albums actually dropped.

4 hours ago, thunderram said:

If you did my guess it was in 2019, or you didn't know the song when you heard it back in 1991. ;)

I saw them JULY 1991 when they played back-to-back shows at Shoreline Amphitheater. The 1st of the 2 was one of the extremely rare shows when they played it. Of course I was at the 2nd show!

Both concerts occurred 2 months before the UYI albums were released so I wouldn't have known it had they played it anyway.

At that time, the only UYI tunes I had heard or was familiar with (or that the vast majority would have known) were Civil War, YCBM, LALD, and KOHD.

They opened with Perfect Crime which, despite it being from 1986, I wasn't familiar with at the time -- but I do remember them performing it vividly as it was breakneck opening song.

But beyond that and NR, I couldn't recall which UYI tunes they played that night once the albums actually dropped.

Yes 2019 at Exit 111. It almost a nice surprise as I did avoid setlists just to be told by multiple people they are playing it. I did hit lucky as they only played it a few times.

That was bad luck missing Locomotive in 91 but it would have been a hard song to take in hearing it for the 1st time

• GNFNR 1