GN'R Survivor: Axl's Guest Appearances - Round 3

Blackstar

Axl's Guest Appearances (studio & live)   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE

• Under My Wheels [with Alice Cooper, Slash and Izzy on "The Decline Of The Western Civilization" OST] (1988)
    • I Did U No Wrong [on Steve Jones’ "Fire And Gasoline" album] (1989)
    • I Will Not Go Quietly [on Don Henley’s "The End of the Innocence" album] (1989)
    • Free Fallin' [live with Tom Petty and Izzy at the MTV Awards] (1989)
    • Salt Of The Earth [live with The Rolling Stones and Izzy] (1989)
    • Piece Of Me [live with members of Metallica and Skid Row at RIP Magazine party] (1990)
    • Bohemian Rhapsody [live with Queen and Elton John at Freddie Mercury Tribute] (1992)
    • We Will Rock You [live with Queen at Freddie Mercury Tribute] (1992)
    • Come Together [live with Bruce Springsteen at the RRHOF] (1994)
    • Dead Flowers [vocals & piano - on Gilby’s "Pawn Shop Guitars" album] (1994)
    • Anxious Disease [with Slash on the album by West Arkeen's band The Outpatience] (1996)
    • Back In The Saddle [on Sebastian Bach’s "Angel Down" album] (2007)
    • Stuck Inside [on Sebastian Bach’s "Angel Down" album] (2007)
    • (Love Is) A Bitchslap [on Sebastian Bach’s "Angel Down" album] (2007)
    • Highway To Hell [live with Billy Joel] (2017)
    • Big Shot [live with Billy Joel] (2017)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/19/2022 at 03:00 AM

Now the latest guest appearance, Rock The Rock, is gone.

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

Round 1 - Rock and Roll  [live with Shark Island] (1986)

Round 2 - Rock The Rock [Looney Tunes episode] (aired 2019)

Round 3 - ?

Round 4 - ?

Round 5 - ?

Round 6 - ?

Round 7 - ?

Round 8 - ?

Round 9 - ?

Round 10 - ?

Round 11 - ?

Round 12 - ?

Round 13 - ?

Round 14 - ?

Round 15 - ?

Round 16 - ?

Round 17 - ?

Round 18 - ?

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

I am a huge GNR fan, and an even bigger Bruce Springsteen fan. That duet on Come Together is absolutely unlistenable.

Bruce is my number one artist and I obviously love Axl. I get that people don't like it, but I can only hear two of my faves together on it. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Bruce is my number one artist and I obviously love Axl. I get that people don't like it, but I can only hear two of my faves together on it. 

Bruce is my number one also, and I cannot put into words how desperately I want to hear it that way...... I just can't. Grateful that we now have the Mark Twain Prize performance with Gary Clark Jr. to cleanse my palate at least.

(Good luck with the Verified Fan lottery this week, and may the odds be ever in your favor)

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought it was "after they toured Europe" so I assumed it was 2018.

I don't know, it depends on how long the whole process of producing an episode takes, given that  the storyboard and animation are done after the recording of the voice-over and that  the episode was ready in late 2018. If that process doesn't take too long it could have been 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know, it depends on how long the whole process of producing an episode takes, given that  the storyboard and animation are done after the recording of the voice-over and that  the episode was ready in late 2018. If that process doesn't take too long it could have been 2018.

Yea, I don't know how long that stuff takes, it's just the impression I got from when those 2 writers were interviewed.

Were Axl's part recorded and animated at the same time as the rest of the episode? If it was done later, he could've recorded his parts after the Europe 2018 shows and they would've had 5-6 months to animate his 2-3 minutes of screen time.

19 hours ago, axlslash said:

Bruce is my number one also, and I cannot put into words how desperately I want to hear it that way...... I just can't. Grateful that we now have the Mark Twain Prize performance with Gary Clark Jr. to cleanse my palate at least.

(Good luck with the Verified Fan lottery this week, and may the odds be ever in your favor)

You as well - I have tickets to all three Sweden shows and am very grateful. There was no verified fan and they were reasonably priced (not sure if you saw what's been leaking price-wise, but it is noooot pretty).

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

You as well - I have tickets to all three Sweden shows and am very grateful. There was no verified fan and they were reasonably priced (not sure if you saw what's been leaking price-wise, but it is noooot pretty).

Not pretty, but I'm comfortable with it. Look at the Stones, the Who, McCartney.... Bruce is still at or below market price for artists of his caliber. I'll miss the old GA lottery system a bit, but for COVID reasons was probably going to go for seats anyway. Fingers crossed for good news tonight.