GN'R Survivor: Axl's Guest Appearances - Round 8

Blackstar

Axl's Guest Appearances (studio & live)   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your LEAST favorite

• Under My Wheels [with Alice Cooper, Slash and Izzy on "The Decline Of The Western Civilization" OST] (1988)
    • Free Fallin' [live with Tom Petty and Izzy at the MTV Awards] (1989)
    • Salt Of The Earth [live with The Rolling Stones and Izzy] (1989)
    • Piece Of Me [live with members of Metallica and Skid Row at RIP Magazine party] (1990)
    • Bohemian Rhapsody [live with Queen and Elton John at Freddie Mercury Tribute] (1992)
    • We Will Rock You [live with Queen at Freddie Mercury Tribute] (1992)
    • Dead Flowers [vocals & piano - on Gilby’s "Pawn Shop Guitars" album] (1994)
    • Back In The Saddle [on Sebastian Bach’s "Angel Down" album] (2007)
    • Stuck Inside [on Sebastian Bach’s "Angel Down" album] (2007)
    • (Love Is) A Bitchslap [on Sebastian Bach’s "Angel Down" album] (2007)
    • Highway To Hell [live with Billy Joel] (2017)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/2022 at 03:00 AM

Anxious Disease  is gone.

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

Round 1 - Rock and Roll  [live with Shark Island] (1986)

Round 2 - Rock The Rock [Looney Tunes episode] (aired 2019)

Round 3 - I Did U No Wrong [on Steve Jones’ "Fire And Gasoline" album] (1989)

Round 4 - Come Together [live with Bruce Springsteen at the RRHOF] (1994)

Round 5 - I Will Not Go Quietly [on Don Henley’s "The End of the Innocence" album] (1989)

Round 6 - Big Shot [live with Billy Joel] (2017)

Round 7 - Anxious Disease [with Slash on the album by West Arkeen's band The Outpatience] (1996)

Round 8 - ?

Round 9 - ?

Round 10 - ?

Round 11 - ?

Round 12 - ?

Round 13 - ?

Round 14 - ?

Round 15 - ?

Round 16 - ?

Round 17 - ?

Round 18 - ?

Notes:

- All the remaining songs/performances are on youtube. Piece Of Me can be found in the full RIP Magazine party video. 

- Axl guested at two Billy Joel shows: at Dodger Stadium on May 13, 2017 and at Target Field, MN on July 28, 2017 (the second performance was better, in my - re-informed - opinion).

- Not included in the poll: 1) Live appearances where Axl sang GN’R songs (like with The Foo Fighters and Carrie Underwood) or songs that were already covered by GN’R  (e.g. KOHD with U2, Heartbreak Hotel with Tom Petty, Hair of the Dog at the RIP party.). That doesn't apply to Dead Flowers (as it's a guest appearance on a studio recording) and to We Will Rock You (because GN’R played it only once with Brian May after the Freddie Mercury Tribute), so they have been included.  2) Live appearances that are relatively rare or hard to find and/or there's no decent recording of  (e.g.  Mixed Emotions with The Rolling Stones,  Dead, Jail or Rock ‘n’ Roll with Michael Monroe and the Biff Malibu video from 1989). 3) Axl/DC, because it can't be considered a guest appearance; Axl was the touring singer of the band.

- If a round ends in a tie, the votes in the other rounds are taken into account and the song with the bigger sum of votes in all rounds is the one that gets eliminated.

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Surprised Anxious Disease is gone, that song is absolutely fantastic.

Off topic I know but that album is very difficult to get hold of and it isn’t on Spotify either.

That’s why I voted it out unfortunately, just couldn’t find it on Spotify. I’ll have to check it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Surprised Anxious Disease is gone, that song is absolutely fantastic.

I guess it's because there are two parameters or two criteria for voting in this poll, how good Axl's vocals are and whether someone likes the song or not, and for some people how Axl sounds weighs more than how good the song is, while for others it's the opposite. 

So probably many of the people who voted Anxious Disease out did so because they thought Axl's vocals are not so strong or predominant on it. And, I suppose, I Did U No Wrong was voted out mostly because people didn't like the song (I don't think it's a very good version either compared to the original, but I wouldn't vote it out so early).

I have this issue with the Sebastian Bach songs. I think Axl's vocals are great, but I don't like the songs so much, especially the Aerosmith cover.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

That’s why I voted it out unfortunately, just couldn’t find it on Spotify. I’ll have to check it out.

Yeah definitely worth hunting down. A real sleazy slow burning rocker with a great riff. Both Axl and Slash sound fantastic on it.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I guess it's because there are two parameters or two criteria for voting in this poll, how good Axl's vocals are and whether someone likes the song or not, and for some people how Axl sounds weighs more than how good the song is, while for others it's the opposite.

That's true. My criteria is the overall production of the songs rather than how Axl's sound. And for me there's not much to complain about his vox when it comes to studio tracks.

• Like 1