GN'R Survivor: Axl's Guest Appearances - Results

Blackstar

I've been away from the forum for awhile while wrestling with a home renovation.

Looks like a fun poll.

Surprised Axl joining U2 to sing Knockin' On Heaven's Door didn't make the list.

Kind of shocked his rendition of Come Together with Springsteen was kicked off so soon.  That's one of my favourite of his appearances, particularly since it was last minute and neither had rehearsed (but still killed it).  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, downzy said:

Surprised Axl joining U2 to sing Knockin' On Heaven's Door didn't make the list.

Yes, I left that one out as well as a few others (e.g. Heartbreak Hotel with Tom Petty). If it were a poll for live appearances only I would probably have included those, too. But since I made it to be a poll for both live appearances and guest studio vocals, I decided to exclude live appearances where Axl sang GN'R songs (original or covers) so that the list wouldn't be too long  - however, I did include Dead Flowers (because it's a studio track) and We Will Rock You (because it wasn't a GN'R cover before the Freddie Mercury Tribute).

54 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

What is next ? AC/DC songs ? :lol:

Someone has suggested that.

A few fans wanted a survivor for West Arkeen demos and other rarities. I don't know if @Gordon Comstock is going to proceed with that.

There have been some other ideas. Someone else has suggested a poll for album artwork, and I've thought of one for music videos and one for live-only covers. We could also do one for Slash's other bands and projects (could be albums or singles) or for other projects by GN'R members in general.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Someone has suggested that.

A few fans wanted a survivor for West Arkeen demos and other rarities. I don't know if @Gordon Comstock is going to proceed with that.

There have been some other ideas. Someone else has suggested a poll for album artwork, and I've thought of one for music videos and one for live-only covers. We could also do one for Slash's other bands and projects (could be albums or singles) or for other projects by GN'R members in general.

I can start that one if people want to do it.

Should I include everything other than the drum machine tracks? I'm not sure if all of them are well known.

Crash Diet
Crash Diet (Alternate mix)
Bad Obsession
Too Much Too Soon
Sentimental Movie
The Garden
Just Another Sunday
Bring It Back Home
Yesterdays

If anyone can't find these demos, let me know :ph34r:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

48 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Should I include everything other than the drum machine tracks? I'm not sure if all of them are well known.

Crash Diet
Bad Obsession
Too Much Too Soon
Sentimental Movie
The Garden
Just Another Sunday
Bring It Back Home
Yesterdays

Maybe not Bad Obsession since I'm not sure how many GNR members even play on it?

Also if anyone can't find these demos, let me know :ph34r:

I think all of these should be included, since GN'R members were involved, at least as co-writers.

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Crash Diet
Bad Obsession
Too Much Too Soon
Sentimental Movie
The Garden
Just Another Sunday
Bring It Back Home
Yesterdays

If anyone can't find these demos, let me know :ph34r:

i can T!!! :)