Here today gone to hell

42 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I have a question too

what does "Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide" means?

I suppose it was just a sensational title they came up with. Maybe they first came up with the name of the fake indie label, "Uzi Suicide," and that inspired the title of the EP, too.

The "?!*@" is most likely a "wink" that it wasn't really live. Like, "we say it's live, but it may not be, so we're not trying to fool you."

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Related: Man, did that forum get lame in '06.

he did the math, soldout, and got his reward. Kinda disgusting, but understandable. As a fan he got to travel with Gn'R for selling out. I remember in one of the clips Bumble posted years ago from the tour, he mocked him to his face and it was obvious he really didn't like him. ( singing "frosty lucky charms, magically thinlicious" to the camera while recording the clip)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I have a question too

what does "Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide" means?

In a suicide, life is extinguished, so calling it "live" was their attempt at irony. The album, while it sounds like a live album, was not recorded in a concert setting but in a studio. The crowd noises were added after its recording. So, in a sense, the album is as "live" as a suicide, meaning that it's a studio recording and not an actual live album.

Edited by IndiannaRose
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

he did the math, soldout, and got his reward. Kinda disgusting, but understandable. As a fan he got to travel with Gn'R for selling out. I remember in one of the clips Bumble posted years ago from the tour, he mocked him to his face and it was obvious he really didn't like him. ( singing "frosty lucky charms, magically thinlicious" to the camera while recording the clip)

HA! I'd do dirty things to see that video now.

But yes, he did the math and it largely worked out for him. But as cool as it is to tour with GN'R, would you want to do walking on eggshells, taking shit from Bumble, and unable to bite back?

I remember when people on his site were complaining about something GN'R did that was obviously a bad move. I can't remember what it was, but his reply was, "You want a normal, boring band? We love them because they're not like other bands." Even writing that makes my eyes roll. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

What does "Frosty lucky charms magically thinlicious" mean?

Just fyi if I ever get the chance, I'll immediately sellout this forum and denounce everyone as dildos if it means I get paid to go to a bunch of free shows. :lol:

it means that Bumble mocked this person for having thin arms. Even a guy like Bumble, who seems to be super humble and aware, was probably resentful of the fact that this person exploited his position at the expense of the fans in order to get close to the band. Was it cool imo? no, but I can tell you I would have fully soldout just like the gone to hell person. Everyone can become dildos at the drop of a hat, if the reward is enticing enough I suppose lol

Edited by Rovim
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Rovim said:

What is his deal anyway? Is he just a hanger on or does he really get paid (and what does he really do)? And what does he do when they are not on tour? It's amazing how one can up end their live and be at the beck and call of a band and drop everything whenever they go on tour. I mean, I get that for a true roadie, stage technician, whatever that is their job and life and that's what they do (and also do other tours in the downtime), but for a fan, who supposedly had a real life and job before all of that, I wonder. Unless of course you're Tako and just swimming in money. ;)

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

What is his deal anyway? Is he just a hanger on or does he really get paid (and what does he really do)? And what does he do when they are not on tour? It's amazing how one can up end their live and be at the beck and call of a band and drop everything whenever they go on tour. I mean, I get that for a true roadie, stage technician, whatever that is their job and life and that's what they do (and also do other tours in the downtime), but for a fan, who supposedly had a real life and job before all of that, I wonder. Unless of course you're Tako and just swimming in money. ;)

I think he simply wanted something and found a way to get it. He's clearly a super fan, so even if it's not something you are personally interested in or wouldn't sell your ass to get it, many fans would, just to get a chance to travel with the band/attend shows for free/etc, which he did. Not everyone is like you, Patrick, which I know is shocking but some people are interested in different things and don't have your principals or priorities. Not that surprising imo, just saying. :heart:

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think he simply wanted something and found a way to get it. He's clearly a super fan, so even if it's not something you are personally interested in or wouldn't sell your ass to get it, many fans would, just to get a chance to travel with the band/attend shows for free/etc, which he did. Not everyone is like you, Patrick, which I know is shocking but some people are interested in different things and don't have your principals or priorities. Not that surprising imo, just saying. :heart:

Why the attitude? I just wonder how it's done. If you have a real job, you can't do it.

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why the attitude? I just wonder how it's done. If you have a real job, you can't do it.

why can't you do it if you have a real job? what is a real job? do you know what he does for a living? you seem to find it difficult to understand that some people don't see it like you do, so I was trying to explain that it's not that surprising if that's your goal. Meant nothing by it, if it's too snarky, I apologize.

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

why can't you do it if you have a real job? what is a real job? do you know what he does for a living? you seem to find it difficult to understand that some people don't see it like you do, so I was trying to explain that it's not that surprising if that's your goal. Meant nothing by it, if it's too snarky, I apologize.

Try telling your boss you'll be gone for 2 months, several months out of the year. And how big are the chances he actually was self-employed when this whole thing started? And even if self-employed, it's usally not that wise to miss several months out of the year, is it? But that's kinda my question with, what's his deal?

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Try telling your boss you'll be gone for 2 months, several months out of the year. And how big are the chances he actually was self-employed when this whole thing started? And even if self-employed, it's usally not that wise to miss several months out of the year, is it? But that's kinda my question with, what's his deal?

I don't know what his job was at the time, but he clearly found a way to make it work. It doesn't interest me enough to care so maybe I misunderstood you, but it's the old saying of where there's a will, there's a way and his was to travel with Gn'R and enjoy vip treatment.

Edited by Rovim

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

I don't know what his job was at the time, but he clearly found a way to make it work. It doesn't interest me enough to care so maybe I misunderstood you, but it's the old saying of where there's a will, there's a way and his was to travel with Gn'R and enjoy vip treatment.

But did he have to be a douche bag about it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangoSkank said:

But did he have to be a douche bag about it?

a douchebag is what he is, so he was just being himself, so yes, must be yourself so in a way, he didn't do nothing wrong, just did what that's in his nature. A  traitor. But for achieving a dream which is understandable. he's a hardocre Gn'R fan, even if me and you choose to dislike him because his nature is gross.

• 1 month later...