Appetite for Distortion - Dorothy dated Ashba / Hootie takes shots to Slash

Interviewed the singer Dorothy - had no idea her song Flawless is about her breakup with DJ. Also, a random chat with the drummer of Hootie & the Blowfish - that band every night dedicates a shot/drink to Slash, who would have ever guessed? Hope you enjoy these random GNR stories :) 

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Interviewed the singer Dorothy - had no idea her song Flawless is about her breakup with DJ. Also, a random chat with the drummer of Hootie & the Blowfish - that band every night dedicates a shot/drink to Slash, who would have ever guessed? Hope you enjoy these random GNR stories :) 

Question: is Marc the default person for every interview they do? Feels like every interview in the past year or so that's been Dirty Honey related has always just featured him, none of the other guys. Is he the only one allowed to do interviews or do the other guys just not care to join?

Edited by MaskingApathy

22 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Question: is Marc the default person for every interview they do? Feels like every interview in the past year or so that's been Dirty Honey related has always just featured him, none of the other guys. Is he the only one allowed to do interviews or do the other guys just not care to join?

Not really sure tbh, maybe since he's the lead singer he's the one the label puts out? I dunno.

30 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Not really sure tbh, maybe since he's the lead singer he's the one the label puts out? I dunno.

There is no label though, that's their whole thing that they're unsigned and doing everything independently. 

Kind of gross that she dated Ashba tbh but I can see why he would've been into her back then. I'm guessing this is before she came onto the scene as an artist?

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

There is no label though, that's their whole thing that they're unsigned and doing everything independently. 

Kind of gross that she dated Ashba tbh but I can see why he would've been into her back then. I'm guessing this is before she came onto the scene as an artist?

Label/management. I'm not sure who runs that ship.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:39 AM, Gambit83 said:

Label/management. I'm not sure who runs that ship.

They have a big management company which is equal in clout to a record label. Well.thats what I read a few years ago, that could have changed. Yeah surprised the guitar player rarely talks he seems like he's be full of chat!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

They have a big management company which is equal in clout to a record label. Well.thats what I read a few years ago, that could have changed. Yeah surprised the guitar player rarely talks he seems like he's be full of chat!

Yeah they're still with the same management. 

• Like 1