Queen Elizabeth II has passed. Charles is now King

ssiscool

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Sad, but the woman was 96 and lived a very full life. 

Every channel had the news about her and then about her life and then about Charles's life. Really why?

Sorry for her death, but did every channel have to show it? I don't think so.

Had she not contracted Covid last year she probably would have lived another decade...

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, alfierose said:

There's been speculation for a while she had some sort of terminal illness due to her dramatic weight loss. I suppose most things are terminal at that age though.

I'm sad about the end of an era. Our country is not in great shape and she was a constant stability in our lives whether individually we like the monarchy or not. I think many people will be surprised about the feelings they experience over the coming days.

For me it represents the loss of a connection I shared with my own mother, grandmother and great grandmother because she was on the Queen for all of us. I have a picture of all four of us in a frame, I am just a little girl of about 4 in the photo and I'm now the only one alive.

She came to the throne just after the war when this country was mostly united in trying to build something better but she's left a country that is now divided in many ways. I hope her legacy can be that we can overcome and change that. I'm not feeling massively optimistic about it unfortunately.

When I saw that picture of her with the new Prime Minister the other day, I gasped slightly - it was the first time I realised that the late QEII really had become a little old lady. :(

Death is the great leveller. 

Edited by Sausagebrain

7 minutes ago, Karice said:

It just occurred to me that Camilla is now QUEEN! 😱😳

No. She isn't. She is the queen consort I beleive. Charles has the power. Not her

16 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

When I saw that picture of her with the new Prime Minister the other day, I gasped slightly - it was the first time I realised that the late QEII really had become a little old lady. :(

Death is the great leveller. 

I said to my wife, she was a shell of her former glorious self

• ssiscool changed the title to Queen Elizabeth II has passed. Charles is now King

All jokes aside, can you imagine doing 70 years of public service. Always keeping that straight face always being neutral, having no real opinion in public if anything you have got to respect that. I could not do that. Thats for sure, I'm not a fan of monarchies at all but I will respect that fact. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grouse said:

All jokes aside, can you imagine doing 70 years of public service. Always keeping that straight face always being neutral, having no real opinion in public if anything you have got to respect that. I could not do that. Thats for sure, I'm not a fan of monarchies at all but I will respect that fact. 

70 years definitely is a very long time to be a public servant! A lot of People don't even live that long! 

I understand how important she was to so many people, but no part of me will ever understand the infatuation with a family who decided centuries ago that god liked them better than the other white people, and definitely liked them better than the brown people, so they should have all of the shiny shit in the world. Last I checked, the whole "rape and pillage whoever you can conquer" thing was considered passe in the 21st Century. But carry on, I suppose.

Long live the King.

6toMk9OCuDYEEf733Bzlq3yiw3z.jpg

5 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I understand how important she was to so many people, but no part of me will ever understand the infatuation with a family who decided centuries ago that god liked them better than the other white people, and definitely liked them better than the brown people, so they should have all of the shiny shit in the world. Last I checked, the whole "rape and pillage whoever you can conquer" thing was considered passe in the 21st Century. But carry on, I suppose.

Long live the King.

6toMk9OCuDYEEf733Bzlq3yiw3z.jpg

I got nothing good to say. Thats why I said nothing. Silence is always an option. 

• Like 3

Well, I am not a monarchist at all and haven't really cared about the royals in other countries, why should I? So it is a bit of a surprise to learn how this death has actually personally affected me. I never thought it would. That I would care. But it now turns out that this weekend's premier league round is postponed, and I had been looking forward to the match on Sunday, and that they have halted filming of the Crown, a series I love, I suppose everybody knows how it ends now. So yeah, this is terrible to me, too. 

• Haha 2

That was flippant, I do understand how the Queen's death can affect many people, even those not necessarily fans of the monarchy. At the very least it is an end to an era, which in itself comes with feelings, and to many they have now lost a component that seemed fixed and stable, and with that loss a deep-seated unrest may come, especially when so many other things are tupsy turvy. So I get the reactions, I do, and I nothing but sympathy with those grieving. 

• Like 1

I'm not a massive royalist but my wife is. Yeah I was shocked/sad that she was ill and had died but after nearly 48 hours of nothing but talk about her death you have to wonder how long they can keep going over every little detail.

I did however, enjoy watching His Majesty's first address to the nation. It was something different

12 hours ago, axlslash said:

Long live the King.

all this talk about white people - brown people. I wanna know more about the racial theory you have constructed here., it's very fascinating to see

first, definitions are needed. Who do you define as "the brown" people, and do you consider black people in this group too?

is it based on religion / nationality / genes or other?

how brown, is brown enough for you?

Next, when you have defined the categories of brown and white, we need to identify the correct body of "rights" that you apply to both categories.

As for the white people, what rights remain for them to use, and how will you ensure that they are kept in check and not use privileges kept for, as you call them, "the brown people"?

Are there specific rights, you want to grant "the brown" people, but not the whites?

When you have detailed all of that, I want you to elaborate on the moral rules that justify your division between "white people", and "the brown people". Is this a rule of nature? a rule made by god? a rule made by the law? or a rule made by you? Is there any ground left for society to contest your theory, or do we need to accept your theory "as is".

And lastly, I want you to provide evidence of your claim that the royal family or god has in any way preferred white people over "the brown" people, or that god liked one above the other.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, action said:

When you have detailed all of that, I want you to elaborate on the moral rules that justify your division between "white people", and "the brown people". Is this a rule of nature? a rule made by god? a rule made by the law? or a rule made by you? Is there any ground left for society to contest your theory, or do we need to accept your theory "as is".

:lol: Ask the Royal Family dipshit!

• Thanks 1