Queen Elizabeth II has passed. Charles is now King

ssiscool

38 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Come on now, we've been training for this our whole lives. This is the final boss of British queues. :lol:

Pack a blanket and a flask of tea!

Don't forget the crumpets!

1 hour ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

London is weird right now, can't believe there's so many queueing for so long to shuffle past her coffin :unsure:

Someone i work with is going friday night

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 7:56 PM, Axls Rocket Queen said:

London is weird right now, can't believe there's so many queueing for so long to shuffle past her coffin :unsure:

I wasn't so surprised. Remember when Princess Diana die. In her case, unfortunatelly it was the tragic dead of a young woman.  Plenty of people in the streets paid tribute to her. Queen Elizbeth was around for 70 years. We're talking abour 3 or 4 generations of people who only knew her as their Queen. Her face was everywhere, including money. Rock songs and movies have been made about her and the royal family. She was part of pop culture

On 9/17/2022 at 11:04 PM, toroymoi said:

Wouldn't be wasting all this money and shutting down the country if we'd just abolished this antiquated institution long ago.

Being around royalists makes me want to fill my ears with cement so I don't have to hear the delusion.

We tried abolishing it once. Didn’t work out so well. It worked out so poorly in fact that the peoples representatives invited them back with open arms and made the constitutional framework so dense that abolishing them again would require a ton of work that no one wants to be arsed doing. I’m neutral on them, they do more good than harm 

Edited by AxlRQ93

• 4 weeks later...

So, the Media ragged and dragged Charles for being sour and I'll tempered as he prepared to sign Documents after becoming King. Seriously? His Mother just died. And his Father died the year before. That's both of your parents dead in two years. He's not exactly going to be rainbows and sunshine. 😒🙄🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Karice said:

So, the Media ragged and dragged Charles for being sour and I'll tempered as he prepared to sign Documents after becoming King. Seriously? His Mother just died. And his Father died the year before. That's both of your parents dead in two years. He's not exactly going to be rainbows and sunshine. 😒🙄🤦‍♂️

To have both of your parents live to be nearly 100 and become orphaned at 73. What a rough life.

• Haha 2