GNR Fans questioning you as a fellow GNR Fan? 🤔

On another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, I had a question asking if the GNR Albums come with lyrics because Axl is hard to understand a lot of the time, especially when he sings with that high pitched screeching wail he often does. The reply was something like,"What kind of GNR Fan doesn't know that the GNR Albums come with lyrics? What kind of Fan doesn't BUY the Albums?

I responded something like,"I just go to YouTube and listen to the GNR Albums for free." The other Fan responded something like,"You listen to the GNR Albums for free on YouTube? What kind of GNR Fan are you!? " I feel his questioning my being a GNR Fan was kind of out of line. I wasn't trashing GNR or anything like that. I just pointed out I listen to the Albums for free on YouTube. I could understand his questioning my being a GNR Fan if I were talking crap about GNR, but that wasn't the case at all. 😩😕

8 hours ago, Karice said:

On another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, I had a question asking if the GNR Albums come with lyrics because Axl is hard to understand a lot of the time, especially when he sings with that high pitched screeching wail he often does. The reply was something like,"What kind of GNR Fan doesn't know that the GNR Albums come with lyrics? What kind of Fan doesn't BUY the Albums?

I responded something like,"I just go to YouTube and listen to the GNR Albums for free." The other Fan responded something like,"You listen to the GNR Albums for free on YouTube? What kind of GNR Fan are you!? " I feel his questioning my being a GNR Fan was kind of out of line. I wasn't trashing GNR or anything like that. I just pointed out I listen to the Albums for free on YouTube. I could understand his questioning my being a GNR Fan if I were talking crap about GNR, but that wasn't the case at all. 😩😕

To answer your question: Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion I & II and Chinese Democracy do have the lyrics in the booklet. Lies, The Spaghetti Incident and Live Era do not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

To answer your question: Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion I & II and Chinese Democracy do have the lyrics in the booklet. Lies, The Spaghetti Incident and Live Era do not.

To further answer the question: no, it's not a gnr thing. All (or most) albums came with lyrics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

He/she said on another thread that he/she is 38 and has autism. Maybe people can take this into consideration before posting mean shit. Just ignore the threads if you don’t like them.

That's not gonna stop, unless you make every single poster on this forum constantly remember that this person has autism, that's not gonna happen. You got every right to be annoyed with people who post "mean" things (I prefer the term calling them out), just as I have the right to be annoyed with what they clutter this forum with. It is obvious to me from their earlier long-winded fanfiction fantasy novel that this is just another made up story purely to post another useless thread with the sole purpose of getting attention.

I'll start ignoring them now, but as I said earlier you can't expect every poster to remember what's going on with this person, so you're gonna get comments from people who get annoyed.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

There are 25 threads on the first page of GNR news, out of which 6 are pinned. Let’s say usually no more than 10 are active at the same time. I can see 2 (two) threads started by the OP, one of which being somewhere at the bottom. And btw, I don’t see her posts in any of the main active threads (new album etc.) either. I don’t think it’s too hard to just skip the thread I don’t care for, huh. If half of the threads are from one OP (no matter whom), then yeah, that could be a problem. Other than that, fuck all is happening bar the constant NITL touring, the incoming box set (cool) and the Spotify X-files, so... what gives? Plus, she also appears to be a new fan, hence some of the maybe naïve questions that us diehards have discussed to death. So what. Just skip it – I know we’re used to Live and Let Die, but I think in reality we should actually pursue live and let live. 
Then again, I never wanna be one of the assholes who keep telling other people what to say. So forget it. 
Rant over. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

There are 25 threads on the first page of GNR news, out of which 6 are pinned. Let’s say usually no more than 10 are active at the same time. I can see 2 (two) threads started by the OP, one of which being somewhere at the bottom. And btw, I don’t see her posts in any of the main active threads (new album etc.) either. I don’t think it’s too hard to just skip the thread I don’t care for, huh. If half of the threads are from one OP (no matter whom), then yeah, that could be a problem. Other than that, fuck all is happening bar the constant NITL touring, the incoming box set (cool) and the Spotify X-files, so... what gives? Plus, she also appears to be a new fan, hence some of the maybe naïve questions that us diehards have discussed to death. So what. Just skip it – I know we’re used to Live and Let Die, but I think in reality we should actually pursue live and let live. 
Then again, I never wanna be one of the assholes who keep telling other people what to say. So forget it. 
Rant over. 

Sorry nothing to do with your point, but "The Spotify X-Files" that's goddamn hilarious and should be the actual name of the thread rofl, please make it happen @Blackstar:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Karice is indeed a troll, then she is a really bad one because nothing what she does is offensive or even annoying really. Her thread topics are perhaps silly to many, but there is no law against that. There are many silly topics present on here to be honest.

• Like 4

IMHO being a “fan” means you “support” the band.

If you don’t buy tickets, merch, albums and all you do is bitch about how Axl can’t sing, Frank sucks, Melissa sucks, tickets are too high, merch sucks and is too high, etc etc and you say nothing positive of the GNR of TODAY how are you a fan of the GNR of TODAY?

Edited by B5Redeye

You want the albums?  I regularly see them in charity shops for next to nothing, if money is a problem? Can always pick them up, although just keeping your eyes out yourself might be just as easy. 

They're available new for really cheap too. I'd always recommend buying albums, personally, as the whole experience is just streets ahead of streaming or listening online, and the covers/sleeves all add to the experience. 

Plus- I like having a collection! 

• Like 2

I used to buy a lot of rare records of theirs in the 90s but a lot were unofficial bootlegs etc. The only official album I bought new from a shop was Spaghetti. I’ve seen them live 3 times but was always bought the tickets. I wouldn’t bother buying a physical album anymore. The amount of money I’ve actually given the band through purchasing official stuff must be pretty low, but I’m the biggest fan of theirs that I know IRL. You don’t have to buy physical albums to qualify as a fan. 

• Like 1

I remember when the only way we knew the lyrics was if the artists provided them on the insert. And even then they weren’t always accurate. It’s weird people would be upset about someone not owning physical media. It’s 2022. That said, I did buy the Hard Skool ep and vinyl ‘cause if I’m wasting money on GNR, it may as well be for new music vs. overpriced box sets (which I also bought “cause I’m a fucking asshole).

• Haha 2

(Speaking for myself)

It depends on who and what age is front of me in how I answer a question like Karice posed. 

I wouldn’t expect anyone under the age of 30 to have bought the GNR Albums and know the lyrics were there. I’d inform them. Someone my own age I’d give them a withering look.